Joe Willis Named Head Football Coach at Tyler Lee...

Stoney

1 hour ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

I heard about 3 years ago that he was leaving PG for another job but it didn’t pan out and that’s why he’s still there. 

He had some options but chose to stay.  His son is a big reason he wants to stay in a lower classification.  His son is in 8th grade and that groups is loaded.  

On 12/22/2019 at 9:37 PM, BlackShirtD said:

He had some options but chose to stay.  His son is a big reason he wants to stay in a lower classification.  His son is in 8th grade and that groups is loaded.  

If his Son is a baller, why wouldn't he want him to play against the big boys in 6A. In addition, Dad gets a $25k raise or more. Sounds like a win win.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, eagle34 said:

If his Son is a baller, why wouldn't he want him to play against the big boys in 6A. In addition, Dad gets a $25k raise or more. Sounds like a win win.

His son is not a baller but could be a decent player.     Very small and plays B team QB for the 8th grade I think.  Wants him to have an opportunity to play.   Will never play at Lee due to the “big boys” but could at PG.   He will get a raise this year and don’t think Lee would be a $25k raise after this raise.  Again, he will not leave with what he has coming back on D.  4 dudes that will be playing in the SEC, Big 10, Big 12, ACC or PAC 12.  At the 4A D2 level that’s pretty dang good.  Those 4 will play where they want to play.

6 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

His son is not a baller but could be a decent player.     Very small and plays B team QB for the 8th grade I think.  Wants him to have an opportunity to play.   Will never play at Lee due to the “big boys” but could at PG.   He will get a raise this year and don’t think Lee would be a $25k raise after this raise.  Again, he will not leave with what he has coming back on D.  4 dudes that will be playing in the SEC, Big 10, Big 12, ACC or PAC 12.  At the 4A D2 level that’s pretty dang good.  Those 4 will play where they want to play.

They have Jackson,Burris and Martin the move in wasn’t that impressive and with traylor gone from Arkansas I doubt that offer hold up 

4 hours ago, BuckNut said:

If the coaches son can’t start on 8th A team there is no need to stick around he sure won’t beat all the Texas High move ins out of a spot. When is Martin having his knee surgery?

Hear it was not torn, just sprained MCL?  That is hearsay so don’t hold me to that.  

You know that an 8th grader has lots of room for growth and improvement.   He is a coaches son and will be just fine at PG and will contribute.   It’s not just Texas High move ins, it’s LE, Redwater, Hooks, QC, Hope etc.   

Back on topic, Briles not going to Lee.  LOL

12 minutes ago, 68Hornet said:

According to coach during football season Torey Phillips is 6-7, 280

He's a big kid let say that, also changed numbers during the year i guess to maybe move to o-line where i think he'd be great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, txk85 said:

He's a big kid let say that, also changed numbers during the year i guess to maybe move to o-line where i think he'd be great.

He has great feet and moves very well for his size. I think he projects better as an OL on the next level. He is raw and needs to put the work in the off season. Not sure, if he is truly bought in to the program. If anyone can make him take it to the next level,  Gibson is the right person.

3 hours ago, swaha said:

He has great feet and moves very well for his size. I think he projects better as an OL on the next level. He is raw and needs to put the work in the off season. Not sure, if he is truly bought in to the program. If anyone can make him take it to the next level,  Gibson is the right person.

Yes, he will be on the O line at the next level.   

On 12/25/2019 at 9:40 PM, BlackShirtD said:

Hear it was not torn, just sprained MCL?  That is hearsay so don’t hold me to that.  

You know that an 8th grader has lots of room for growth and improvement.   He is a coaches son and will be just fine at PG and will contribute.   It’s not just Texas High move ins, it’s LE, Redwater, Hooks, QC, Hope etc.   

Back on topic, Briles not going to Lee.  LOL

I heard it was torn.