Joe Willis Named Head Football Coach at Tyler Lee...

Stoney

Just now, Eagleborn said:

Willing to bet most will complain. 

Yeah, probably.  I think most probably wanted someone with head coaching experience. (I dont personally agree with that). And some will complain about hiring a metroplex coach. I think when the Briles news first broke, people got excited. Whether they wanted him or not, it appeared they were trying to make a splash hire. Doesnt mean this guy wont be good, just doesnt have the wow factor.  Hopefully the Lee fanbase will support him and give him a chance 

From everything I read and hear, it sounds like a solid fit.  DR has lost 5 games in the 5 years he has been defensive coordinator and if you look at their scores on Max Preps, opponents have a bunch of single digit scoring games.  Lone Star only scored 7 on them in the Semi's this year.  I don't know if they were looking for offense or defense, but it would seem they would want to find the best long term prospect that would be a great head coach.  The foundation is there for someone to make it their home for a while.  I bet he wins alot of games in Tyler over the next ten years.

4 minutes ago, R E LEE said:

From everything I read and hear, it sounds like a solid fit.  DR has lost 5 games in the 5 years he has been defensive coordinator and if you look at their scores on Max Preps, opponents have a bunch of single digit scoring games.  Lone Star only scored 7 on them in the Semi's this year.  I don't know if they were looking for offense or defense, but it would seem they would want to find the best long term prospect that would be a great head coach.  The foundation is there for someone to make it their home for a while.  I bet he wins alot of games in Tyler over the next ten years.

Do you think he will stay 10 years? 

5 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

No hire coming Friday. Meeting has been cancelled. 

Stepp says no hire until 23rd board meeting. 

Sounds like Lee is struggling to make a hire right now

Word is superintendent (along with some salary discussions) may be an issue in attracting a couple of certain high-quality coaches.

12 minutes ago, DieHardCubFan said:

Word is superintendent (along with some salary discussions) may be an issue in attracting a couple of certain high-quality coaches.

What do you think is a good salary to attract some high quality coaches? We have to remember we have 2 high schools and neither one is the AD of the district. 

1 hour ago, DieHardCubFan said:

Dont think money was much of an issue with Traylor and his staff.  And very few taught. 

Will be interesting to see who they end up getting