Joe Willis Named Head Football Coach at Tyler Lee...

Stoney

2 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

All my friend, just didn't wanna list ever school. Wasn't meant for somebody to get in they feels cause I didn name em. 

Who in their feelings? I'm from Tyler. I just asked a simple question. You took it the wrong way. Not everyone cheers for every school. I just thought you probably followed those 4.

2 hours ago, GOLEE said:

Lee’s Non District schedule

Prosper, Lufkin, JT, Longview, Allen. 
Willis said he wants to play the best to prepare for district. 
I believe that should do it right there. OMG. 

I think the Prosper game is a scrimmage, because I am sure Lee has 6 district games.

Whatever Willis does, please put some fundamentals back into Defense. Lee generally has enough talent to hang around for or a little while, but just cant hang on for long once adjustments are made. Lee has been killed by being out of position or just didnt know how to pick up a scheme.

With those two D1 2022 RB's, I'd bet a lot of power running out of the spread...maybe some pistol is in store for Lee this fall.

If the OL comes along, they could have an efficient offense by running the ball and letting that open up the pass. 

Defense is everything though especially when you have run first offenses and that'll determine Lee's ceiling this year.

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

With those two D1 2022 RB's, I'd bet a lot of power running out of the spread...maybe some pistol is in store for Lee this fall.

If the OL comes along, they could have an efficient offense by running the ball and letting that open up the pass. 

Defense is everything though especially when you have run first offenses and that'll determine Lee's ceiling this year.

Yep. Nailed it. Defense determines what you can do on offense. Lee’s best teams over a decade have been with a great O line and good running game, with some good backs. But again, you can play like that if you have D. If not your always playing catch-up. Or no chance to get out of a uh O game. 

Hopefully lee keeps him for awhile. Lee’s problem hasn’t been the coaches imo. Just a lack of talent. Give him some time to try to get together and then things will fall into place. TISD has playoff or bust aspirations for lee, but they need to take baby steps and tone it down alittle, it will come. 

1 minute ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Hopefully lee keeps him for awhile. Lee’s problem hasn’t been the coaches imo. Just a lack of talent. Give him some time to try to get together and then things will fall into place. TISD has playoff or bust aspirations for lee, but they need to take baby steps and tone it down alittle, it will come. 

Willis is getting into a pretty good situation with 2 good classes coming up. Some good talent. 
Those 2-3 years could get the program lifted up enough to gain middle school kids interest. A new school coming, and Mabey some kids will be encouraged to stay in S Tyler, instead of the private schools. A lot of positive things coming. I like the hire. Hope he stays a while. 

• 2 weeks later...