2A D1 Refugio vs Post

wtxfootball

18 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

I know that probably makes a SA fan feel good, but just not the case.  Shiner was absolutely incredible, as good as I've seen in 2A.  They probably beat Refugio 99 times out of 100 with the team they had this year, but Refugio found a way on that night and that's all that mattered.  

We will agree to disagree...SA had their chances as did Shiner and neither beat Refugio so we can argue back and forth all day about who was 2nd or 3rd best...bottom line it will always be only an opinion...

1 hour ago, wolfpack76 said:

We will agree to disagree...SA had their chances as did Shiner and neither beat Refugio so we can argue back and forth all day about who was 2nd or 3rd best...bottom line it will always be only an opinion...

You're right.  Both going to have our own opinion.  I'm not tied to either, and have no real care as to which was successful in their quest.  Just offering an opinion from an impartial .  I'll put it this way...

I was very impressed with Shiner in a way I've only seen one other time at the 2A level.  The only thing more impressive was Refugio finding a way to beat them.

I thought SA was very good, but what I saw from them this year I've seen before quite a few times in 2A.  I'm not taking anything away from SA, great season and great team, but not something that had me walking away thinking, "dude, you won't be seeing that again for some time" which is what I was thinking after seeing Shiner.

On 12/19/2019 at 12:24 PM, Everide2016 said:

You're right.  Both going to have our own opinion.  I'm not tied to either, and have no real care as to which was successful in their quest.  Just offering an opinion from an impartial .  I'll put it this way...

I was very impressed with Shiner in a way I've only seen one other time at the 2A level.  The only thing more impressive was Refugio finding a way to beat them.

I thought SA was very good, but what I saw from them this year I've seen before quite a few times in 2A.  I'm not taking anything away from SA, great season and great team, but not something that had me walking away thinking, "dude, you won't be seeing that again for some time" which is what I was thinking after seeing Shiner.

You’re both wrong..... Joaquin is #2..... Refs cheated us against Groveton and evbody else hates us. When we gonna get some respect?.....😂

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

11 hours ago, Underfront said:

Congrats to Refugio!  Great team effort by the kids!  Am I the only one who felt the halfback pass with :56 left and a 28-7 was classless?? Taking nothing away from the kids!  They played great!

The coach for Refugio said this team had character. Which is good because the head coach has none. The half back pass up by 21 with a minute left and then to say how many games they played, as if Post had not done the same. He won and you can’t take that away, but you can take away from him is character. He has none

• Like 1

Actually San Augustine was even more dangerous for Refugio they had big pass and big run abilities against the cats.  But calm down Shiner fans 2020 should probably be your year UNLESS of course Herring finds a way once again to pull it off.

3 hours ago, 88cat said:

Hey post called time out to get ball back so coach said ok we arent thru playing? Ok then and thru the pass.  Oh Shiner btw was great this season probably beats Refugio 49 out of 100 times!!

Yes, that is called having no character. Thanks for agreeing with me, even if you are to dumb to realize what lack of character means. 

No its called winning football sounds like you would be a 5 and 5 coach if you were a coach.  Why think so low of Herring my gosh after hurricane Harvey he helped rebuild a paralyzed players house with his own hands and time thats called quality and class right tbere.

• Like 2

I went to all Refugio games this year.  Even though Shiner game was so hard i think Refugio matches up with them very well everytime.  San Augustine was a hard match just because of soooo much speed everywhere so i feel SA is harder matchup for Refugio game plan wise.  Now Shiner vs San Augustine head to head might have 2 go with Shiner not because they are better just because i think SA would make too many penalties and truthfully their huge lines are big but too fat.  They were sucking wind by end of semi final game.

9 hours ago, 88cat said:

No its called winning football sounds like you would be a 5 and 5 coach if you were a coach.  Why think so low of Herring my gosh after hurricane Harvey he helped rebuild a paralyzed players house with his own hands and time thats called quality and class right tbere.

El Chapo did charity work and some people do apologetics for him also. Listen ,I get it ,you gotta defend your cult leader, he is still a low character individual.  

Shadow you seem sad and lonely someone give him a hug.  Every player that plays for this coach loves him. Other programs that complain about him would hire him if available. Hes class act but just competitive.   This everyone gets a trophy and you cant hurt anyones feelings is just not productive.  Kids gotta learn to lose but also how to get better and win.  What school did you go to? My best bet would probably lead me to think a sub par school athletic wise. 

23 hours ago, 88cat said:

Good man. 

14 hours ago, 88cat said:

Shadow you seem sad and lonely someone give him a hug.  Every player that plays for this coach loves him. Other programs that complain about him would hire him if available. Hes class act but just competitive.   This everyone gets a trophy and you cant hurt anyones feelings is just not productive.  Kids gotta learn to lose but also how to get better and win.  What school did you go to? My best bet would probably lead me to think a sub par school athletic wise. 

Brother, I never said he did not win, I said he has no character. Being popular or liked does not prove ones character. I get it move ins can make a team better and he has had a few but that does not mean he has character . I am glad his team had character. Becuase he does not. I understand you have a crush on the man. I know only what I have heard and seen. He wins and has no character. Some people are cool with it and justify it by saying everybody gets a trophy, but If the classes are not split y’all ain’t got no trophies. 

Brother. I have simple philosophy I don’t like my nose getting rubbed in it so I don’t rub other people’s nose in it. I don’t  like to be lied to so I don’t lie to others. Dare you starting to understand this philoshybor is it to soft for you. 

Brothers don’t shake hands brother got hug. 

image.gifgiphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5dad2d94b558537a9b

He is a winner and incredible human being and truth be told if schools and people complain about how he is so be it.  But if he was available pretty much any of these schools especially ones that arent very good would want to hire him.  Pretty much any job he would try for he would get based on his winning record and what his athletes think of him.  He has great integrity and love for his community and thats all anyone could ask for in a coach and role model. Parents want their kids to play for him which says alot.  Recruiting he doesnt do.  What does happen in big time programs is kids want to play for him and be in a good school district so often they will live with aunts or uncles just to be in a winning program especially if they want to get noticed for college.   Duncanville girls basketball didn't recruit parents bring their kids places where it would be to the best advantage for their kids.  Academically and athletically.  And ALL schools offer coaches jobs when they have good athletes.  Its part of it.  Bad schools would definately pick a coach with a good son thats an athlete over one thats just a good coach.  Thats naive to think your school would be any different. And btw if classes are not split Refugio has no trophies?? Huh the cats are the only ones undefeated in division 1 or 2.  And if they werent split u still would end up Refugio and Mart in final so dont even know where u were going with that. Silly argument there.man crush on herring no but definately glad he coaches my school and not against us.

On 12/19/2019 at 8:34 PM, TheShadowKnows said:

The coach for Refugio said this team had character. Which is good because the head coach has none. The half back pass up by 21 with a minute left and then to say how many games they played, as if Post had not done the same. He won and you can’t take that away, but you can take away from him is character. He has none

Is there something specific that make you think he has no character... beyond the half back pas with a minute left?  if that's all you're going on, that's pretty shaky.  I've heard from too many people who didn't know him who after meeting him think he is a genuinely good man who cares about his kids and community.  Another that was interviewed right after their state championship win, the Mart coach, said their teams and coaches have developed a good relationship over the past few years and was very complimentary.  Unless you got more substance, I'd be hard pressed to go with your opinion.  Consider taking a step back and see if you may have this wrong.  

18 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Is there something specific that make you think he has no character... beyond the half back pas with a minute left?  if that's all you're going on, that's pretty shaky.  I've heard from too many people who didn't know him who after meeting him think he is a genuinely good man who cares about his kids and community.  Another that was interviewed right after their state championship win, the Mart coach, said their teams and coaches have developed a good relationship over the past few years and was very complimentary.  Unless you got more substance, I'd be hard pressed to go with your opinion.  Consider taking a step back and see if you may have this wrong.  

Running up scores on people. It’s called poor sportsmanship which is a lack of character. Like I said making a big deal about how many games he played as I’d Post was not in that same boat, Is he a better person then Barry Bowman or Pat Ward. Yes, so Merry Christmas

26 minutes ago, TheShadowKnows said:

Running up scores on people. It’s called poor sportsmanship which is a lack of character. Like I said making a big deal about how many games he played as I’d Post was not in that same boat, Is he a better person then Barry Bowman or Pat Ward. Yes, so Merry Christmas

Can you teach me how to be perfect?