5A D1 UIL State Championship - Ryan vs Shadow Creek

Crawford

Why are folks saying this is a joke job by Ryan? Obviously Ryan’s coaching staff knew they’d be in a battle with all the trickery early on. The better team one IMO. 

Props to SC....... 31-1 and a title in its first two seasons. That’s impressive. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Why are folks saying this is a joke job by Ryan? Obviously Ryan’s coaching staff knew they’d be in a battle with all the trickery early on. The better team one IMO. 

Props to SC....... 31-1 and a title in its first two seasons. That’s impressive. 

All the superstars you have and you only put up 22.... not trying to take anything away from SC but Ryan has been this way in the playoffs every year since 2010. Their no excuse for them to put  up just 22 with all they have. SC best defensive player wasn’t even playing lol. So imagine if he was. They might have only scored 7 or 14

12 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

All the superstars you have and you only put up 22.... not trying to take anything away from SC but Ryan has been this way in the playoffs every year since 2010. Their no excuse for them to put  up just 22 with all they have. SC best defensive player wasn’t even playing lol. So imagine if he was. They might have only scored 7 or 14

I was under the assumption that football was a TEAM sport. 

34 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I was under the assumption that football was a TEAM sport. 

Well take way kyler Murray and does Allen win state 3 years in a row?? Take johnathan gray from aledo and do they win as many? Heck take away Evans and Davis from north shore you think they win Last year?? We all Know football is a team sport but it’s the stars that win it all for you.. Denton Ryan Stars didn’t show up and SC stars did. That simple. Stars matter. Kyler Murray showed one man can win state by himself. 

15 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Well take way kyler Murray and does Allen win state 3 years in a row?? Take johnathan gray from aledo and do they win as many? Heck take away Evans and Davis from north shore you think they win Last year?? We all Know football is a team sport but it’s the stars that win it all for you.. Denton Ryan Stars didn’t show up and SC stars did. That simple. Stars matter. Kyler Murray showed one man can win state by himself. 

You can't use Aledo in that argument because they have won more since he has been gone. They are the definition of a true program. Players graduate but their tradition doesn't. To be honest the name Bishop has a lot to do with their championships. 

3 hours ago, VonG said:

You can't use Aledo in that argument because they have won more since he has been gone. They are the definition of a true program. Players graduate but their tradition doesn't. To be honest the name Bishop has a lot to do with their championships. 

Bishops too, but that gets back to my point, stars win the game

4 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Aledo is about to win another one without Gray. Evans wasn’t a factor in last years game. He’s not playing today and NS should still win. 

By your logic teams like Desoto should win state every year. 

Sure stars matter..... never said they didn’t. Teams win titles. Not players. The better TEAM won this game. 

On 12/20/2019 at 10:22 PM, VonG said:

Dude where did I say anything north of Dallas is not north? I just said the panhandle is north Texas because that's the farthest you can go north and still be in Texas. Regardless of what they call it's still the most northern part of Texas.

You made a big deal about why they don't just include the Panhandle as part of north Texas. I'm just explaining the logic.