6A D2 UIL State Championship - Guyer vs Westlake

Crawford

I can't believe #6 is the Guyer backup QB.  Looks like they reached down and got the JV backup .... he spends more time brushing the hair out of his eyes before each play than anything else.  If he brings them back in the 2nd half, I will be the most shocked person in Jerruh World  ... the Westlake defense is licking their chops ...

7 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I can't believe #6 is the Guyer backup QB.  Looks like they reached down and got the JV backup .... he spends more time brushing the hair out of his eyes before each play than anything else.  If he brings them back in the 2nd half, I will be the most shocked person in Jerruh World  ... the Westlake defense is licking their chops …

he is a freshman, you would think that they could have gotten an upper class quarterback with such a big school, but I guess he was their best bet.

2 minutes ago, covercity said:

yeah just like Duncanville's freshman quarterback, they went after him big time in second half.

The Duncanville backup was a couple of notches better athlete and actually played pretty well under the circumstances especially since North Shore's defense was head and shoulders better than Westlake's ....NS or Duncanville would have drubbed either of these two teams ....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

The Duncanville backup was a couple of notches better athlete and actually played pretty well under the circumstances especially since North Shore's defense was head and shoulders better than Westlake's ....NS or Duncanville would have drubbed either of these two teams ....

I agree

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

The Duncanville backup was a couple of notches better athlete and actually played pretty well under the circumstances especially since North Shore's defense was head and shoulders better than Westlake's

The Duncanville backup was dealt a better hand. He knew he was going to play all week and sounds like he actually managed to get on the field occasionally in mop up time this season. Looks like the Guyer kid's whole varsity career was a couple snaps in a single game in October.

10 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

NS or Duncanville would have drubbed either of these two teams ....

I don't get why people like to do this.

We have divisions for a reason. Who cares what D1 would have done to D2. Westlake dominated the path they were given and won out.

• Thanks 2

On 12/22/2019 at 7:45 AM, LoboFan07 said:

I don't get why people like to do this.

We have divisions for a reason. Who cares what D1 would have done to D2. Westlake dominated the path they were given and won out.

Some feel not a whole lot of difference in it and want only one champion per class. Like last year. North shore beat the finalist BWB by 50 so there's was little doubt who was superior.

7 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Good seeing Westlake finally winning a title. I wonder what the record is for championships lost. 

I don't think Cisco has a good record in title appearances either.  I actually just started working on this because Carthage and Aledo got me wondering about winning percentage in state championships.  I'll try and finish this by the new year and let you know.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Guyer's junior backup QB apparently transferred out.....they had a sophomore who played most of the year as a backup but I think he got hurt in the Arlington game....

That's pretty amazing...a "perfect storm" type of scenario for Guyer...shame it had to happen at the championship game.

1 hour ago, HGWar6 said:

I don't think Cisco has a good record in title appearances either.  I actually just started working on this because Carthage and Aledo got me wondering about winning percentage in state championships.  I'll try and finish this by the new year and let you know.

I know of Westlake and Denison is 0-4 I believe. Also to be on the list you should include multiple losses in the championship. Plenty of 0-1 teams .