Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

6A D2 UIL State Championship - Guyer vs Westlake


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Says the guy who claming I am Eagleborn and a diehard PG supporters. " My hawks My Eagles My Lions my bulldawgs oh my.....

He certainly has a brass set.   

The Duncanville backup was a couple of notches better athlete and actually played pretty well under the circumstances especially since North Shore's defense was head and shoulders better than Westlake

Posted Images

I can't believe #6 is the Guyer backup QB.  Looks like they reached down and got the JV backup .... he spends more time brushing the hair out of his eyes before each play than anything else.  If he brings them back in the 2nd half, I will be the most shocked person in Jerruh World  ... the Westlake defense is licking their chops ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I can't believe #6 is the Guyer backup QB.  Looks like they reached down and got the JV backup .... he spends more time brushing the hair out of his eyes before each play than anything else.  If he brings them back in the 2nd half, I will be the most shocked person in Jerruh World  ... the Westlake defense is licking their chops …

he is a freshman, you would think that they could have gotten an upper class quarterback with such a big school, but I guess he was their best bet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, covercity said:

he is a freshman

I know ... defense has their ears pinned back coming after him and he looks like a deer in the headlights ... I feel for him ...

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I know ... defense has their ears pinned back coming after him and he looks like a deer in the headlights ... I feel for him ...

yeah just like Duncanville's freshman quarterback, they went after him big time in second half.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, covercity said:

yeah just like Duncanville's freshman quarterback, they went after him big time in second half.

The Duncanville backup was a couple of notches better athlete and actually played pretty well under the circumstances especially since North Shore's defense was head and shoulders better than Westlake's ....NS or Duncanville would have drubbed either of these two teams ....

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

The Duncanville backup was a couple of notches better athlete and actually played pretty well under the circumstances especially since North Shore's defense was head and shoulders better than Westlake's ....NS or Duncanville would have drubbed either of these two teams ....

I agree

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

The Duncanville backup was a couple of notches better athlete and actually played pretty well under the circumstances especially since North Shore's defense was head and shoulders better than Westlake's

The Duncanville backup was dealt a better hand. He knew he was going to play all week and sounds like he actually managed to get on the field occasionally in mop up time this season. Looks like the Guyer kid's whole varsity career was a couple snaps in a single game in October.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

NS or Duncanville would have drubbed either of these two teams ....

I don't get why people like to do this.

We have divisions for a reason. Who cares what D1 would have done to D2. Westlake dominated the path they were given and won out.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2019 at 7:45 AM, LoboFan07 said:

I don't get why people like to do this.

We have divisions for a reason. Who cares what D1 would have done to D2. Westlake dominated the path they were given and won out.

Some feel not a whole lot of difference in it and want only one champion per class. Like last year. North shore beat the finalist BWB by 50 so there's was little doubt who was superior.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Good seeing Westlake finally winning a title. I wonder what the record is for championships lost. 

I don't think Cisco has a good record in title appearances either.  I actually just started working on this because Carthage and Aledo got me wondering about winning percentage in state championships.  I'll try and finish this by the new year and let you know.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Guyer's junior backup QB apparently transferred out.....they had a sophomore who played most of the year as a backup but I think he got hurt in the Arlington game....

That's pretty amazing...a "perfect storm" type of scenario for Guyer...shame it had to happen at the championship game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Champ1000 said:

Good seeing Westlake finally winning a title. I wonder what the record is for championships lost. 

Finally? This is their second one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HGWar6 said:

I don't think Cisco has a good record in title appearances either.  I actually just started working on this because Carthage and Aledo got me wondering about winning percentage in state championships.  I'll try and finish this by the new year and let you know.

I know of Westlake and Denison is 0-4 I believe. Also to be on the list you should include multiple losses in the championship. Plenty of 0-1 teams . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

I know of Westlake and Denison is 0-4 I believe. Also to be on the list you should include multiple losses in the championship. Plenty of 0-1 teams . 

Denison won it in 1984, they are 1-3 in state title games

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Champ1000 said:

After a lot of tries. Finally meaning like 1996 with Drew Brass  so yes I was technically correct. The chaps are 2-7 in championship.

Ok sport. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...