Netflix Shows

Coach Rab

Figured this would be a good thread to list shows you enjoy from Netflix and Hulu.

I started a new series last night, Netflix Original, called “The Witcher”.  It’s based on a video game assassin who was “witched” or something to just be an every day bad ass.  Watched 3 episodes, highly recommend so far.

• Like 2

Watching the Witcher now. 3 episodes in. So far so good. I'm not familiar with the Books or video games so is taking a little getting used to.

Just finished Godless on Netflix. Very Good.

Peaky Blinders was also very good.

35 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

They are going to hell for the blasphemy against Jesus in their new show.....Netflix is pure 💩....

What new show?  Netflix Originals are still just independent shows and films that they purchase to own.  Netflix doesn’t make movies as far as I know

23 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Figured this would be a good thread to list shows you enjoy from Netflix and Hulu.

I started a new series last night, Netflix Original, called “The Witcher”.  It’s based on a video game assassin who was “witched” or something to just be an every day bad ass.  Watched 3 episodes, highly recommend so far.

Have you watched Castlevania? If you like the Witcher it should be right up your alley...  granted it's animated (done in anime style) and certainly irreverent. 

I was a big fan of the game back in the day, and the series is an excellent adaptation of the game's premise. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

What new show?  Netflix Originals are still just independent shows and films that they purchase to own.  Netflix doesn’t make movies as far as I know

Ive been reading about a Netflix original that portrays Jesus as being a homosexual pervert.....I'll post it next time I see it ...

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/brazil-congress-denounces-netflixs-gay-jesus-comedy-summons-streaming-service-to-hearing?utm_content=bufferfc55f&utm_medium=WCEA%2BBuffer&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=WCEA

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished binging The Witcher. Pretty good. Does a pretty good job of setting up the story. The different timelines isn’t that big of a distraction as you would think. It works. 

QB1 and Last Chance U are two must sees because I like train wrecks. Seeing parents enabling kids, parents living their dreams through their kids, coaches using and abusing players is eye opening. 

Letterkenny is a bunch of Canadian rednecks making stupid jokes about today’s culture. 

Brockmire is about a alcoholic, hedonistic baseball announcer and his story of trying to get back to the big leagues. 

On 12/22/2019 at 5:07 PM, mellon said:

Watching the Witcher now. 3 episodes in. So far so good. I'm not familiar with the Books or video games so is taking a little getting used to.

Godless wasn’t what I was thinking it was gonna be. I liked it but it was different. 

I’ve heard Peaky Blinders is good but I haven’t got into watching it yet. It’s on the list of need to watch.

• 1 month later...

Watched a few episodes of The Witcher and so far I haven't decided if I'm gonna continue.  Watched several season of AHS but stopped on the season about the lesbians with the fear of clowns.  I guess I'll skip that one. Started watching Mindhunter and am enjoying it so far.

• 1 month later...

Making my Coronavirus list so far:

Tiger King
Ozark <fantastic show
Cold Case Files
Legacies <Vampire Diaries spinoff
The Order
Stranger Things
The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez <<  shows a lot more government corruption and screw ups from the state of California
MindHunter < FBI profile of serial killers

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2020 at 11:33 AM, MavGrad99 said:

Tiger King
Ozark <fantastic show
Cold Case Files
The Order
Stranger Things
The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez <<  shows a lot more government corruption and screw ups from the state of California

I just watched the first episode, very cool. Has a strong "Breaking Bad" vibe. Good stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 12/22/2019 at 5:07 PM, mellon said:

Peaky Blinders will have a 6th season - production started this week on the final season. Probably won’t be aired until late this year or early ‘22 though. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/peaky-blinders-season-6-release-23346841.amp

21 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Peaky Blinders will have a 6th season - production started this week on the final season. Probably won’t be aired until late this year or early ‘22 though. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/peaky-blinders-season-6-release-23346841.amp

And a actual theatre movie to end it.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/14/2020 at 11:33 AM, MavGrad99 said:

Tiger King
Ozark <fantastic show
Cold Case Files
The Order
Stranger Things

Ozark Season 4/ Series Finale has the stupidest freaking ending ever!  What the actual ####!