A Lesson to Learn

Ronster23

2 hours ago, Maineman1988 said:

One wonders if he didn’t ask a stupid question on this thread, if he would ask stupid questions elsewhere!

It’s a legit question. Coaches make tough decisions all the time and sometimes another element makes decisions easier. This was a group effort up the food chain. Possibly could have been out of coaches hands all together. 

2 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

With the QB out and Blackshire out let's just say it made the decision easier.

That's two possible NFL players out yesterday for DVille.

I guess giving the North Shore coach credit for having the integrity to enforce the rules regardless of who broke them is kinda not in your wheelhouse, huh? 

• Like 2
  • LOL! 2

32 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

It’s a legit question. Coaches make tough decisions all the time and sometimes another element makes decisions easier. This was a group effort up the food chain. Possibly could have been out of coaches hands all together. 

This is important.  The decision was not made solely by the HC.

40 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I guess giving the North Shore coach credit for having the integrity to enforce the rules regardless of who broke them is kinda not in your wheelhouse, huh? 

I may have worded it wrong but in no way shape or form did I take credit away from the HC or the administration. But it is a legit question that no one knows except NS.

I commend them for sending their 5 star home. He's been trouble all year long plus he has trolled some universities very hard in his recruiting.

Let it be on the record I commend NS for their actions.

• Like 2

Guest Tiger03lb

I liked the decision. In the end, it's teaching these kids morals and respect and being a team player. Not trying to take away from NS, Coach D had a tough decision with our RB at the beginning of the year and he ended up getting kicked out/off the team. 

45 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I may have worded it wrong but in no way shape or form did I take credit away from the HC or the administration. But it is a legit question that no one knows except NS.

I commend them for sending their 5 star home. He's been trouble all year long plus he has trolled some universities very hard in his recruiting.

Let it be on the record I commend NS for their actions.

The implication is there that they wouldn’t have taken the action they did if they thought it was going to cost them the game. Perhaps you were simply projecting what you would have done onto a group of coaches you don’t even know? Just saying. 

Hope the young man learns the "lesson" but I highly doubt it...after being suspended for swinging at a coach you would think that the lesson would already have been learned...guess we will see when he has the freedom that college brings...tough for some kids to remain within behavior boundaries when they have the freedom to do what they want, when they want. This young man has a world of talent and bright future (not to mention huge paydays) if he can change his off the field behavior. Really hope and pray that he can.

54 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Hope the young man learns the "lesson" but I highly doubt it...after being suspended for swinging at a coach you would think that the lesson would already have been learned...guess we will see when he has the freedom that college brings...tough for some kids to remain within behavior boundaries when they have the freedom to do what they want, when they want. This young man has a world of talent and bright future (not to mention huge paydays) if he can change his off the field behavior. Really hope and pray that he can.

Wonder if any big schools will pass on him due to his antics? Maybe a trip to Juco for a year would do him some good. Probably not, because some coach wants/needs to win real bad this season and will think he can turn him around.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

The implication is there that they wouldn’t have taken the action they did if they thought it was going to cost them the game. Perhaps you were simply projecting what you would have done onto a group of coaches you don’t even know? Just saying. 

7 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Wonder if any big schools will pass on him due to his antics? Maybe a trip to Juco for a year would do him some good. Probably not, because some coach wants/needs to win real bad this season and will think he can turn him around.

NM messed up.

10 hours ago, JBizzle said:

If his grades and test scores are good enough to get in I'm betting he will get plenty of offers...like you said...the risk is worth it for some of the coaches that are desperate to turn things around. 

1 minute ago, blesseddaily said:

If his grades and test scores are good enough to get in I'm betting he will get plenty of offers...like you said...the risk is worth it for some of the coaches that are desperate to turn things around. 

Some services have him ranked as the #1 recruit in the nation. A lot say they think he will end up at Georgia or LSU.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2019 at 5:16 PM, Eagleborn said:

He missed multiple games throughout the year and they didn’t miss him that much. Doesn’t sound like the coach let that affect his decision.  

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1