Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Cowboys week 17  

16 members have voted

  1. 1. Who ya got?

    • Washington Redskins
    • Dallas Cowboys

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/29/2019 at 09:25 PM

Recommended Posts

Last game of the regular season. Maybe even the last game of the season for the both teams. Thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dallas can score 144 points, but it won't change a thing with what's going on in New York. Should've took care of business last week.

Let me start this by saying that I don’t think Garrett is a great coach but firing him will not fix the Cowboys problem. The next coach will do exactly what Garrett is doing and that’s doing whatever

Posted Images

Believe it or not, the Cowboys still have a CHANCE to win the Division and go to the playoffs. 

A Dallas win against the Deadskins AND a loss by the iggles @ the NY giants...and Dallas is NFC East Champs. 

Dallas will do their part this week and beat the skins. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TTman7 said:

Believe it or not, the Cowboys still have a CHANCE to win the Division and go to the playoffs. 

A Dallas win against the Deadskins AND a loss by the iggles @ the NY giants...and Dallas is NFC East Champs. 

Dallas will do their part this week and beat the skins. 

 

To be quite honest if the Cowboys were to get in, but continue to play like they have for most of the season, like they did tonight, I'd just rather they not get in to avoid anymore embarrassment.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Crawford said:

To be quite honest if the Cowboys were to get in, but continue to play like they have for most of the season, like they did tonight, I'd just rather they not get in to avoid anymore embarrassment.  

I think they need to suffer the embarrassment. we've had to suffer all year watching this garbage

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Cowboys play like they did yesterday the Deadskins will beat us.  I don't care either way now.  I think Dallas pulls it off, but Philly wins the East.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted for the Redskins even though they are about the worst team in the league, and this is why I did :

Call me crazy but I think what is going on here is a coup by the players to get rid of the Red Clapper. Now, before you swallow your tongue, think back. Jerruh, don't miss passes like Amari Cooper, Jason Whitten. He doesn't line up off sides at key situations, like Michael Bennett and Robert Quinn. It is easy for an offensive lineman to slow walk a block and make it look like an effort. The end results shows it isn't. It is just blantenly obvious that this team plays hard when they damn well want to. Take the Rams game. In my opinion they were playing like they can,  just to pay back McVey and the Rams for the humiliating loss in last years playoff game. There are many more examples I could mention, but let me leave you with this.
 

"Dez Bryant says Jerry Jones allowed Jason Garrett to ruin my career". That was in response to CJ Vogal who named several players who he thought Garrett had ruined their careers. There is just something totally unnatural about this Cowboy team this year. If a player cannot motivate himself to play to win, when the Division is on the line. He doesn't want to win.
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Stoney said:

 

That is a hoot and a half. I about lost it when they showed the victory stance toward the end.  Talk about great memories.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ClawNAntler said:

I think they need to suffer the embarrassment. we've had to suffer all year watching this garbage

Amen brother, preach on!!

I was just telling my grandson, I don't know how those Cowboy players could stand ideally by and watch the Eagles players mock and humiliate them with their celebrations knowing full well that each and every player on the Dallas team is better than them. Do they not have any pride at all?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2019 at 5:39 PM, Newtonres7586 said:

I voted for the Redskins even though they are about the worst team in the league, and this is why I did :

Call me crazy but I think what is going on here is a coup by the players to get rid of the Red Clapper. Now, before you swallow your tongue, think back. Jerruh, don't miss passes like Amari Cooper, Jason Whitten. He doesn't line up off sides at key situations, like Michael Bennett and Robert Quinn. It is easy for an offensive lineman to slow walk a block and make it look like an effort. The end results shows it isn't. It is just blantenly obvious that this team plays hard when they damn well want to. Take the Rams game. In my opinion they were playing like they can,  just to pay back McVey and the Rams for the humiliating loss in last years playoff game. There are many more examples I could mention, but let me leave you with this.
 

"Dez Bryant says Jerry Jones allowed Jason Garrett to ruin my career". That was in response to CJ Vogal who named several players who he thought Garrett had ruined their careers. There is just something totally unnatural about this Cowboy team this year. If a player cannot motivate himself to play to win, when the Division is on the line. He doesn't want to win.
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

I hope you're right, and that they just show up to collect a paycheck.  I read Dez's interview, and I think Garrett might be the clubhouse cancer.  I know he wants to come back to Dallas, but I'd only sign him to  a Veteran minimum contract for one year.  If he makes it through training camp, and makes the team we'll see.  I saw this team give up before the Thanksgiving game though.  I saw it against the Vikings, sure they made a comeback after they lost the game, but that was for contract reasons.  This team is not motivated, except by $$$.  Dak isn't a leader like Aikman was, he won't berate other players.  I do think Dak surpasses Romo for the best passing season in Cowboy history, but we have to take both Romo's 2012 season and this season with a grain of salt, because most of those passing yards came in garbage time when the defenses will willing to bend, because their teams had commanding leads.  The Cowboys record in 2012 was 8-8.  

I don't want to see Garrett back by firing the coaching staff, and replacing them.   That would be essentially be saying that he is not responsible for the meltdown of the team this year, and blaming other coaches.  I realize the Cowboys coaching staff is weak.  I don't see a single coach with another NFL team including Kellen Moore.  I realize we have the #1 ranked offense in the NFL, but it's because we've been down in games by 2+ scores in most if not all of our losses.  The only 2 losses that we weren't down by double digits early in the games were against N.O. and Buff.. Buff. was up 13-7 at the half, but then took a commanding lead in the third to be up 24-7.  Against G.B. down 24-0, NYJ 21-3, NE 10-0, Bears 17-7 at the half, but 24-7 in the third, and finally Philly we spotted them 10 points at the start of the game.  Their defenses could rest in the fourth quarter, but when it mattered the offense was shutdown.  There weren't any comeback wins that I was accustomed to in the 70's, and even 80's with Danny White in some games.  

I think they were spoiled with the first three games, and the offense on full octane starting out 3-0.  Then they tried basically the same game plan as last year against N.O., but that has proven to be a 50/50 strategy, and they didn't have the muster to win.  I think the team saw it, and felt they were still an elite team that could just walk on the field and beat anybody.  Then with their next three losses, they thought we can come back and win some games with some lucky bounces, but we're still good enough to hang with top tier talent.  the Jets game should have made them come together as a team, but they became complacent over the season.  I'm sure they would disagree with me, but that's what I saw on film and on paper.  

This team can be good, they just need the right motivators (coaches) to accomplish a possible Super Bowl season in 2020.  They're not going to do it with these coaches, and Jerry needs to take his blinders off with Garrett.   Right now we're projected to be able to pick between 14-22 in the 2020 draft.  I'd rather lose against the Redskins, have a decent first round draft pick, and build on this team.  See Cowboys Offseason thread for what I think we need to be a Super Bowl  contender.  

If anyone wants to win this game against the Redskins because they're a supposed rival, just stop.  We need to be better, and get better.  Beating the Redskins isn't going to make us any better.  It will only be with quality players than can add to the talent that this team already has, and move forward.  A win in the last game of the season does not give a team that has talent any momentum into the next season, unless they are a very young team with rising stars.   We have a few on defense, but none in the secondary.  If Jerry wants to give the Cowboys Nation a Christmas present for 2019 it would be by firing Jason Garrett tomorrow or tonight.  That would be the only joy I would see from the Dallas Cowboys for the 2019 season.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going out on a limb here...

Dallas beats the Deadskins 

The gnats "upset" the iggles 

Mine & Doomer's Dallas Cowboys are the 2019 NFC East Champions!! 

:munch:

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

I'm going out on a limb here...

Dallas beats the Deadskins 

The gnats "upset" the iggles 

Mine & Doomer's Dallas Cowboys are the 2019 NFC East Champions!! 

:munch:

That's one hell of a limb. lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL 😂...heck yea!! Southern Live Oak!! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Both Cowboys/Redskins & Eagles/Giants games were moved to 3:25p

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fieldgoal 🙄 ....3-0 Cowboys 

giphy (6).gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TTman7 said:

Fieldgoal 🙄 ....3-0 Cowboys 

giphy (6).gif

Yipee!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...