The Offical 2020 Dallas Cowboys Offseason Thread

Stoney

• 3 weeks later...

1A.Rumors that Randy Gregory could be getting ready to ask for reinstatement. League weed policies could be changing. 

1B. Small smoke signals that David Irving could be interested in a Dallas comeback. Could the Dallas defense soon be up in smoke?

2. Byron Jones will not be back with Dallas. Dallas let him know today that he would hit free agency. I’d rather have Byron Jones on this defense than Amari Cooper on the offense.

I wouldn't lock up that kind of long term money for Prescott. He's a game manager at best.  I'd go the draft route before I wouldn't  pay over $30 million a year and a lot of that would have to be based on performance  ... The kind of money he is wanting should be reserved for "game changers" like Mahomes, Wilson and Jackson ... Prescott isn't in that category....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • Like 1

New "alternative" helmet for special occasions? Whatcha think? (this is for conversation only, and definitely is NOT on the horizon for JJ to implement). 

I'm a traditionalist, and old-school, but I think this helmet is kinda cool. 

20200226_222209.jpg

15 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

New "alternative" helmet for special occasions? Whatcha think? (this is for conversation only, and definitely is NOT on the horizon for JJ to implement). 

20200226_222209.jpg

👎

4 hours ago, TTman7 said:

20200226_222209.jpg

I don't like it.  For those bring back the old red, white, and blue stripes on the top of the helmet.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveTV1 said:

I don't like it.  For those bring back the old red, white, and blue stripes on the top of the helmet.  

C1C56F1D-B0ED-4540-A6EC-026E77923896.jpeg

If they wanted to break this out for military appreciation or something I’d be okay with that. Oh, and can Dallas go back to this style numerals on the jersey? And the gray pants?

42 minutes ago, Stoney said:

C1C56F1D-B0ED-4540-A6EC-026E77923896.jpeg

If they wanted to break this out for military appreciation or something I’d be okay with that. Oh, and can Dallas go back to this style numerals on the jersey? And the gray pants?

I meant to mention that it was the 1976 helmet, but failed to do so.  I love those throw back uniforms, but I hate the 60's one's that they've trotted out.  I hope they never bring back any of the blue jersey's, and I hate seeing them worn for any game especially at home.  We're the good guys like the Lone Ranger with the Lone Star on the helmet.  

Rumor is the latest offer made to Dak is that the deal is larger than Jared Goff’s. We just don’t know if that means length ( 4yrs), guaranteed money ( $110m) or average ($33.5m per year.) 

54 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Rumor is the latest offer made to Dak is that the deal is larger than Jared Goff’s. We just don’t know if that means length ( 4yrs), guaranteed money ( $110m) or average ($33.5m per year.) 

Guaranteed money is ALL that matters.   Years & annual salary are all window dressing

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

Guaranteed money is ALL that matters.   Years & annual salary are all window dressing

Yes, which means Dallas could get a team friendly deal and Dak gets his pay day. 4yrs, $35m per year ($140m total) and however much Dallas wants to guarantee more than the $110m for Goff. Rumors ,if the new CBA passes, has the salary cap ballooning from $200m in 2020 to possibly $242m in 2022. The way QB prices are going up, Dak’s deal will be cheap by then. 

17 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Big screw up letting Beasley go ....

I don't think so.  Cooper had 1189 receiving yards, Gallup 1107, and Cobb 828.  Beasley's most productive season was in 2016 with 833.  Cobb was paid $4.937 million last year and Beasley $6.868.  Beasley's contract jumps to $7 million and change next year.  Cobb is a free agent and with his old coach on the sideline I think he can be brought back around $ 5 - 5.5 million.  

As for 88YoePride's video I think Max Kellerman is right about the pay of quarterbacks.  The Packers messed up the league by signing Rodgers to his huge deal in 2018.  That shot up quarterback pay from $20 million a year to $39 million next year.  The Steelers, Seahawks, and Eagles followed suit.  I think quarterbacks should have topped out at $25 million for the next decade, but now they want $40 million.  Pat Mahomes II should be the highest paid QB in the league.  He's been the MVP and a Super Bowl MVP while winning it.  He's only scheduled to make $5.226 million next year.  I don't think he'll hold out for a new contract, but he could.  Dak has only earned the $33 - 35 million a year mark because that's the benchmark for quarterbacks.  Is he worth it ? No.  

This offseason just got more interesting for Dallas. New CBA was approved which means Dallas has lost the transition tag. Dallas only has access to the franchise tag. More than likely barring ramped up contract talk, Amari Cooper will become a free agent leaving Dallas to tag Dak. Unless Dak signs and the tag is used on Amari. Stephen’s willingness to let expiring contracts come down to the last minute gives more power to the players equaling bigger paydays.