The Offical 2020 Dallas Cowboys Offseason Thread

Stoney

53 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Are you freakin kidding me? I ain’t got clue what in the Sam Hill the Jones boys are smoking. Dallas over paid. I’d rather have Byron Jones and a 1st round WR than this deal.

Completely disagree. As Troy Aikman said, "As a QB, I'm not scared to throw the ball at a corner who will simply knock the ball down. I throw incompletions all the time.".

In 5 seasons, Byron Jones has 2 int's. Heck, Leighton Vander Esch had that many last season...playing LB! 

I would have preferred to keep Jones, as a #2 Corner. But no way am I making a guy with 2 INT's in 5 years the highest paid in the game. 

Amari Cooper, on the other hand, is one of the top WR's in the game. 

4 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I was hoping the Cowboys could resign him, but the stupid Texans overpaid big for Cobb.  He's a #3 at best now.  Thank goodness I never was nor will I ever be a Texans fan.  

It would have been nice to have been able to keep him on a cheap deal but Dallas can get younger and cheaper in the draft. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stoney said:

It would have been nice to have been able to keep him on a cheap deal but Dallas can get younger and cheaper in the draft. 

That's what I was hoping.  We still need a lot of help in the secondary though.  That's where our draft needs as well as free agency should hit on.  

7 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

That's what I was hoping.  We still need a lot of help in the secondary though.  That's where our draft needs as well as free agency should hit on.  

Lost two pieces in the secondary, Byron and Heath. Chicago paid out the wazzoo for Quinn. Maliek Collins leaving was expected. This defense underperformed last year. Maybe they really played to their abilities? Dallas has to get help on the d-line and secondary. I can’t trust Donovan Wilson to line up across from Xavier Woods at safety and feel confident. Awuzie and Lewis at corner haven’t shown the ability that you would expect from a 2nd and 3rd rounder. How serious is LVE’s neck? Is Jaylon Smith the guy from 2018 or 2019? Stephen and McClay have the makings of a top tier offense. Heaven knows they are being paid like it. They are going to have hit on a veteran like Randall Cobb on a cheap one year prove it deal. They are going to have to hunt for trade partner looking to unload a Robert Quinn like veteran for a Day 3 draft pick. Bright side is Dallas has the makings of potentially 4 (3 of which could be 3rd or 4th rounders) comp picks in next year’s draft. They have the picks to play around.

The drug testing has been weakened. No penalties for weed. If this can help the kid get his head right with his mental issues who am I to judge. Dallas could have help on the edge this year.