The Offical 2020 Dallas Cowboys Offseason Thread

Stoney

Poe is 6-3, 340 pounds. Dallas ain’t had something that huge on the d-line in years. If he can stuff the run and keep blockers off of LVE and Jaylon, I don’t care if he gets sacks. This should let Woods move from being a starter to a rotation piece which should help him. 

If Randy Gregory gets reinstated or if he doesn’t, Dallas could use another edge rusher wether it’s in free agency or the draft. Dallas still could use a upgrade at corner. CJ Henderson at 17 would be a walk in starter. There’s guys in the 2nd and 3rd that could still compete with Brown, Lewis, Awuzie for reps. Clinton-Dix is solid get at safety on a one year deal. Dallas doesn’t have to reach for a starter in the draft but should look for somebody to come in and learn for 2021.

48 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Good the other guy wasn’t  consistent 

Kai Forbath wasn’t bad after he replaced Maher. 7-7 from 40-49, 10-10 overall. Zuerlein was 5-11 from 40-49, 24-33 overall. It should be a good battle in camp. Something Garrett didn’t believe in.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Marquise Goodwin, Christian Kirk, Dre Kirkpatrick. Three players have shown recent interest in pre-draft. Goodwin has a reasonable contract the next two years. $4.9m and $6.5m with dead cap hits of $1.25m and $625k if cut. A 5th rounder could get him. Christian Kirk has two years left on his rookie deal. Former 2nd round pick will cost a little more. Kirkpatrick would be nothing more than a one year stop gap.

On 3/27/2020 at 4:17 PM, Stoney said:

Kai Forbath wasn’t bad after he replaced Maher. 7-7 from 40-49, 10-10 overall. Zuerlein was 5-11 from 40-49, 24-33 overall. It should be a good battle in camp. Something Garrett didn’t believe in.

I don't know why they just don't have tryouts for free agent kickers in training camp like they used to.  We had a good run with Lin Elliott,  Chris Boniol, and  Richie Cunningham.  I don't think any of them were ever paid big money.  It was one year, and I forgot which one in the 2000's where we lost several games by less than 3 points, because of missed field goals, and why they began paying kickers.   

52 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I don't know why they just don't have tryouts for free agent kickers in training camp like they used to.  We had a good run with Lin Elliott,  Chris Boniol, and  Richie Cunningham.  I don't think any of them were ever paid big money.  It was one year, and I forgot which one in the 2000's where we lost several games by less than 3 points, because of missed field goals, and why they began paying kickers.   

I’m not sure Dave. The last one I can remember turned out pretty good. Dallas brought in two rookie UDFA kickers to compete in training camp. Kai Forbath lost their job to some dude named...Dan Bailey? I guess Dan Bailey was a decent kicker for Dallas. Lol

On 4/20/2020 at 6:13 PM, Stoney said:

I’m not sure Dave. The last one I can remember turned out pretty good. Dallas brought in two rookie UDFA kickers to compete in training camp. Kai Forbath lost their job to some dude named...Dan Bailey? I guess Dan Bailey was a decent kicker for Dallas. Lol

I was just thinking about the run we had back in the 90's when they would have 4 kickers trying out for the team.  I remember going to St. Edward's University.  

• Like 1

Dallas signs free agent Cornerback Daryl Worley. 2016 3rd round pick out of West Virginia, has started 49 out of the 56 games he’s played in. Another young guy with experience to throw into the cornerback competition.

Keep an eye on Awuzie making the move to safety during training camp. Dallas needs the help plus the new assistant defensive backs coach has an opinion on what the new staff wants in corners.

Cowboys keep on rollin'. Don't know what the price tag is for Erving, but I wonder where all the Money is coming from, what with trying to sign Dak. You reckon they feel like they have a deal already? I like the aggressiveness of MCarthy and Company.

https://insidethestar.com/cowboys-sign-versatile-ol-cameron-erving-former-1st-round-pick/

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Stoney said:

I like this move. That’s a veteran edge across from Tank Lawrence.

29 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

I'm okay with this signing, if true. 

Wonder for how much? 2-3m$ + incentives? 

Just saw it...1yr $6m 

8 hours ago, TTman7 said:

Just saw it...1yr $6m 

Not too bad. Tank Lawrence. Tyrone Crawford. Everson Griffen. Gerald McCoy. Dontari Poe. Neville Gallimore. That’s not a bad d-line. If McCarthy and Tomsula can get anything out of Trysten Hill that’s just extra powdered sugar on the donut. 

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Not too bad. Tank Lawrence. Tyrone Crawford. Everson Griffen. Gerald McCoy. Dontari Poe. Neville Gallimore. That’s not a bad d-line. If McCarthy and Tomsula can get anything out of Trysten Hill that’s just extra powdered sugar on the donut. 

Yea, that's a formidable Dline. Will have good rotation options. Kinda reminds me of the Cowboys Dlines of the early/mid 90s. 

26 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

Yea, that's a formidable Dline. Will have good rotation options. Kinda reminds me of the Cowboys Dlines of the early/mid 90s. 

Very versatile line. These guys are a little older. It’s nice having a honest to goodness mountain of a 1 tech clogging up the middle. I haven’t been this excited about the Cowboys in a long time.