LSU vs. Clemson

RETIREDFAN1

LSU vs. Clemson  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

3 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

But I was pullin' for Clemson.......              Oh well.....they've had their times in the spotlight, for sure.

I'd have probably been rooting for Clemson, except I had to root for LSU.  If Clemson had beaten LSU, they were a real threat to challenge OU's record 47 game win streak.  Threat now non-existent.

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

OU fans hate Clemson for ruining defense in the state of Oklahoma for the past 7-8 years :lol: 

Yeah, Bob Stoops was a great coach for OU, but his brother's return to OU essentially pushed Venables out and to Clemson.  OUr D pretty well went into the toilet after Brent left.  That, of course, is partly on Bob, he was the HFC.

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Great team this year for LSU. Very deserving champion. Clemson was game and brought it from the first whistle but LSU had just too much fire power for them. 

Outside of Ohio st, LSU proved they were better than pretty much every realistic title contender. Clemson, OU, Bama, and Georgia. Those wins combined with Auburn and 11 win Florida.... Not many champions have run through a schedule like that lately and dominated it the way LSU did. Well deserved. 

• Like 1