LSU vs. Clemson

RETIREDFAN1

LSU vs. Clemson  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

2 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I'm still trying to think back to the last time I seen him miss a throw

Right?!  Kid has been nothing but money from the get-go. I think in his worst  game (this season) he still threw for, like, 400 yards and 5tds. Ridiculous. 

I would not be too surprised with any outcome in this. I personally think LSUs offense is just too much and Burrow will lead his team to victory, but Clemson has the experience of being in this moment and this is going to be the best pass defense LSU has seen all year. 

Gun to my head I’m taking LSU by 4 in a game where burrow leads his team similar to VY in the rose bowl and cements his legacy. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

I would not be too surprised with any outcome in this. I personally think LSUs offense is just too much and Burrow will lead his team to victory, but Clemson has the experience of being in this moment and this is going to be the best pass defense LSU has seen all year. 

Gun to my head I’m taking LSU by 4 in a game where burrow leads his team similar to VY in the rose bowl and cements his legacy. 

Well said... and I'm not talking about the VY part. 

I can see this being a high scoring affair. LSU has won a defensive struggle (Auburn) and a shootout (BAMA) this season and pretty much dominated the rest of their schedule. I don’t think there was anyone as good as those teams on Clemson’s schedule, which could work for or against them. On one hand, they haven’t been tested, but on the other hand, they should still have plenty of gas in the tank. However, LSU hasn’t really been in a battle since early November, so fatigue shouldn’t be an issue for them either. I don’t think Clemson is as dynamic on either side of the ball as they were last year, and LSU ‘s offense is a once in a lifetime unit. I just don’t see Clemson being able to keep pace scoring with LSU. 
LSU 49

Clemson 28

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I can see this being a high scoring affair. LSU has won a defensive struggle (Auburn) and a shootout (BAMA) this season and pretty much dominated the rest of their schedule. I don’t think there was anyone as good as those teams on Clemson’s schedule, which could work for or against them. On one hand, they haven’t been tested, but on the other hand, they should still have plenty of gas in the tank. However, LSU hasn’t really been in a battle since early November, so fatigue shouldn’t be an issue for them either. I don’t think Clemson is as dynamic on either side of the ball as they were last year, and LSU ‘s offense is a once in a lifetime unit. I just don’t see Clemson being able to keep pace scoring with LSU. 
LSU 49

Clemson 28

Ohio State is not as good as Auburn or Alabama ?

23 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Games like these are about matchups.  I like the Clemson DL against the LSU OL.  If Clemson gets pressure without blitzing it’s a close game. 

clemson by 3

If Clemson gets pressure without blitzing, they win.  Period.

27 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

If Clemson gets pressure without blitzing, they win.  Period.

Eh, I think burrow is good enough in the pocket to make plays and score.  I just think that’s the way clemson stays within a score or has any chance to win. 

I think it’s a 31-28 type game as it is

15 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Eh, I think burrow is good enough in the pocket to make plays and score.  I just think that’s the way clemson stays within a score or has any chance to win. 

I think it’s a 31-28 type game as it is

Same...  Burrow has consistently demonstrated an ability to avoid the rush and check down to avoid the sack. Clemson's gonna try to just pressure him with the front four, but when he starts picking them apart Venables will start sending fire. 

Then it's going to get ugly. 

33 minutes ago, AKA said:

Same...  Burrow has consistently demonstrated an ability to avoid the rush and check down to avoid the sack. Clemson's gonna try to just pressure him with the front four, but when he starts picking them apart Venables will start sending fire. 

Then it's going to get ugly. 

18 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

it's really hard to pick against Trev Lawrence...

LSU has been super this year...but Clemson is experienced and they are playing their best now.

I made my pick strictly on this and Clemson actually getting pressure and forcing a few bad passes and sacks.  If there’s no pressure from the front 4 my pick will have been wasted

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

I believe Clemson is going to win. 

Every time a great defense meets the great offense the defense usually prevails. 

The only difference this time is the great offense has the SEC patch on their jersey so the whole nation is bought in.

I think this has a lot of SEC hatred.  Sure, the country buys in to the patch.  But to me, its been clear that LSU has been the best team in the country since week 1.  The only time LSU has struggled was against the front 4 of Auburn and if you go back and watch that game, LSU still didn't struggle on offense when it came to moving the ball.  The points were tapered, but the movement and efficiency was still there.  The last 4 games for LSU has been dominant performances on defense. 

I will say this, if Etienne can get the outside on LSU's Defense, it will be huge for Clemson.  If Clemson can get deep on LSU, it will be huge for their offense.  I don't have a solution for Clemson in solving the LSU offense.  The NFL has a hard time stopping it, so I expect a lot of the same with the best college defenses. 

Clemson is the best team LSU has faced this year, but picking LSU as the favorite in this one isn't an SEC SEC SEC chant gone wrong.  This has everything to do with the way LSU has played this season for a full 14 games.