LSU vs. Clemson

RETIREDFAN1

LSU vs. Clemson  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yeeeahhh can you blame him, though? 

I've always tried to have an objective view on things...  Which is why I have tried to not bang the LSU drum... but when I see a post like that, it's definitely bias against the conference, and the team by Proxy...  I just don't know how you look at LSU and think that they don't check all of the boxes to be considered a favorite by the masses.  

Battle tested ✅ wins over Alabama, Auburn, Oklahoma, Texas and Georgia
Offense ✅ the most efficient offense, possibly ever, some of it highlighted against the teams above
Defense ❔ The D Line has become very solid as the season went on.  The secondary still seems shaky on deep passes, but the rest of it looks the part of a champion.
Special Teams ❓ No idea.  The Special Teams have rarely been used this season.

If you want to break it down by position:

QB: LSU
RB: Clemson (slightly)
WR: LSU
OL: LSU
TE: LSU
DL: Clemson
LB: Clemson
CB: Push
S: LSU

5-3 LSU if you go by my opinions on that part.

3 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I believe Clemson is going to win. 

Every time a great defense meets the great offense the defense usually prevails. 

The only difference this time is the great offense has the SEC patch on their jersey so the whole nation is bought in.

LSU's defense is as good or better than Clemson's .....

39 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I've always tried to have an objective view on things...  Which is why I have tried to not bang the LSU drum... but when I see a post like that, it's definitely bias against the conference, and the team by Proxy...  I just don't know how you look at LSU and think that they don't check all of the boxes to be considered a favorite by the masses.  

Offense ✅ the most efficient offense, possibly ever, some of it highlighted against the teams above
Defense ❔ The D Line has become very solid as the season went on.  The secondary still seems shaky on deep passes, but the rest of it looks the part of a champion.

Care to call your shot . You may have posted but what do you expect?

24 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

You really think so ? Lot of folks thought Alabama would have a shot last year as well.

As long as you've been a poster here, Lion, when have I EVER shown that I really care what other people think....especially "lot of folks"....lol......LSU will kick butt tonight.......

• LOL! 2

18 minutes ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

As long as you've been a poster here, Lion, when have I EVER shown that I really care what other people think....especially "lot of folks"....lol......LSU will kick butt tonight.......

I believe you're the power of the people. The consciousness is that you care wholeheartedly. 

1 hour ago, Champ1000 said:

Care to call your shot . You may have posted but what do you expect?

I have not picked against LSU or Clemson at all this year.  If you go with what I've said above, I have LSU winning this something like 52-40... but we know in these games the score is always WAAAAY less than expected.  So lets just go with LSU 30 Clemson 24.

• Thanks 1

Off-topic and more NFL related than NCAA, but I would love to see the Saints give up this draft for Joe Burrow.  Even if he doesn't have the best NFL talent, I think he could spend 1-2 years under Brees and come in seamless to the Saints and it feel like Drew Brees never retired.

5 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Off-topic and more NFL related than NCAA, but I would love to see the Saints give up this draft for Joe Burrow.  Even if he doesn't have the best NFL talent, I think he could spend 1-2 years under Brees and come in seamless to the Saints and it feel like Drew Brees never retired.

Be difficult for Cincinnati to not pick him up and add icing on the cake he is from Ohio. I say pass him up take Young from Ohio's st get sunshine from Clemson next season. Two elite players .

18 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I think I posted that somewhere on here, that I thought N'Orleans oughta go full Ditka on Burrow. 

As a (long-suffering) Dolphins fan, I'm also lobbying for them to offer all three of their 1st round picks to Cincy for the overall #1. But we'll probably end up with Tua, who will promptly get injured and never play again. FML. 

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

They are considered a favorite by the masses. Most betting has been HEAVILY on LSU. 

LSU 38                                                                             Clemson 24

However, as a Longhorn fan I can see how Clemson is very similar to the 05 Texas team, even the stadium being in state for LSU. I hope it’s a classic. 

5 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I think this has a lot of SEC hatred.  Sure, the country buys in to the patch.  But to me, its been clear that LSU has been the best team in the country since week 1.  The only time LSU has struggled was against the front 4 of Auburn and if you go back and watch that game, LSU still didn't struggle on offense when it came to moving the ball.  The points were tapered, but the movement and efficiency was still there.  The last 4 games for LSU has been dominant performances on defense. 

I will say this, if Etienne can get the outside on LSU's Defense, it will be huge for Clemson.  If Clemson can get deep on LSU, it will be huge for their offense.  I don't have a solution for Clemson in solving the LSU offense.  The NFL has a hard time stopping it, so I expect a lot of the same with the best college defenses. 

Clemson is the best team LSU has faced this year, but picking LSU as the favorite in this one isn't an SEC SEC SEC chant gone wrong.  This has everything to do with the way LSU has played this season for a full 14 games.

It’s not hate. I want LSU to win. They are one of my favorite non-Oklahoma schools. 

This century when a top 5 scoring defense plays against a top 5 scoring offense the defense wins. 

F7DC2F37-734E-4268-9981-6E222C19AEDF.png

Maybe LSU changes tonight.

3 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

It’s not hate. I want LSU to win. They are one of my favorite non-Oklahoma schools. 

This century when a top 5 scoring defense plays against a top 5 scoring offense the defense wins. 

F7DC2F37-734E-4268-9981-6E222C19AEDF.png

Maybe LSU changes tonight.

Clemson is just hard to read.  They are literally top 5 in every defensive statistic that matters, but their conference was so trash that who knows how much that factors into it. 

The one thing I am confident about this season... This game is not too big for LSU... and Clemson has played for perfection every year for the last 3 years because if they didn't, they aren't playing in this game.  

So this game should be fun.  If Burrow and Lawrence are both on tonight, this game could be 60-54...  I just don't see either DC allowing it to get that bad.  I like LSU in this one, for the many reasons listed above, but Clemson, just like last year, is the biggest unknown because of their crappy schedule.

• Like 1

Clemson’s defense is the fastest LSU has seen all year. Venables is also imo the best dc in the country right now at game planning for his opponents. 

I would not in the slightest be surprised if he is able to handle burrow similar to how auburn did and keep LSU in the 20s. 

That being said, I also wouldn’t be surprised to see burrow keep doing his thing and win handily. 

• Like 1