Ft. Worth Church Shooter Taken Out By Parishioners

Hagar

21 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/other-location-restrictions-in-texas/

Here it is, And frisks & pat Downs are not found Anywhere in it;

I’m not mad, I just think you have a different understanding of what it Really says.

In essence what he is saying is true, but I think it applies to restaurants and other local businesses.  It may also apply to homes of people that are afraid of guns.  I've seen many businesses with signs that prohibit guns in their establishments.  Since open carry was allowed, I have only seen two people in the Houston area open carry, and none anywhere else when I have traveled.  What's funny to me all the libs were saying we'd be having old  west shootouts, but I haven't heard of a single lawfully licensed open carry person commit a murder.  That shows to me that it is a wonderful tool to combat shootings such as the one at the White Settlement Church of Christ.  More guns in public by law abiding citizens, and we'll have less shootings.  Now I'm hearing from two ex wives that the shooter was insane and had a drug history problem.  They should have had him committed while they were married.  His first wife did file a protective order after he tried to reconnect with her, but his second wife didn't.  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/texas-church-shooter-described-ex-wives-crazy-violent-n1108906  .  Even being rejected by the church when he requested money shouldn't have made him go off.  I 'm wondering if he was high on drugs at the time.  Everything I've read doesn't make sense for a motive in this shooting.  Thank goodness for armed citizens.  

On 12/31/2019 at 11:48 AM, NightStar11 said:

One must choose...is it better to not search a visitor for weapons and not offend his sensibilities OR do a polite but professional search and save lives. I will always choose the latter. 

I can tell you without a doubt, the day I get asked if I mind being “politely searched” before I go into a church to worship is the day I find another church. Furthermore, as a member of my church’s security team, the day I’m asked to perform “polite searches” is the day I find another place to worship.  As a church, we are in the business of spreading the gospel. We do this, in part, by providing an example of a Christlike life. I may have missed it, but I don’t recall anywhere in the Gospels where Jesus ordered His disciples to perform “polite searches” to make sure worshipers weren’t carrying swords. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I can tell you without a doubt, the day I get asked if I mind being “politely searched” before I go into a church to worship is the day I find another church. Furthermore, as a member of my church’s security team, the day I’m asked to perform “polite searches” is the day I find another place to worship.  As a church, we are in the business of spreading the gospel. We do this, in part, by providing an example of a Christlike life. I may have missed it, but I don’t recall anywhere in the Gospels where Jesus ordered His disciples to perform “polite searches” to make sure worshipers weren’t carrying swords. 

I go to a fairly large First Baptist Church, with a security team that includes current/retired LEOs and servicemen. Anyone suggesting patdowns or "polite searches" will be thrown out faster than a Methodist. 

• LOL! 1

47 minutes ago, AKA said:

I go to a fairly large First Baptist Church, with a security team that includes current/retired LEOs and servicemen. Anyone suggesting patdowns or "polite searches" will be thrown out faster than a Methodist. 

You know the difference between a Baptist and Methodist? Methodists park in front of the beer store! 😄 

• LOL! 4