5A Div I and II schedule change wish list

Mavchamp

Obviously we have to wait till alignment to see how many non-district games we will get.  

Could be as low as one or two for some districts.  Could be as many as four.... depending how things get shuffled. 

What’s your wish list for the non district portion of your schedule?  Anywhere from 2-4 games. 

What possible district game gets your juices flowing most?

5A D1 for Longview/John Tyler could be as many as 5 tbh.

Doubt Lufkin gets scheduled for Longview this season. But rather face them than Marshall tbh.

Wish list....
W1 - Temple (at AT&T) *confirmed*
W2 - Lufkin
W3 - Cedar Hill
W4 - West Monroe
W5 - Rockwall

If we do get 5 weeks. If we don't, then just put Rockwall where Lufkin is cause like I said, I don't think Lufkin gets scheduled.

Of course, we'll probably end up still scheduling Marshall, but we all know the series needs to end already.

Mine for Marshall:

Week 1: Carthage 

Week 2:  Texas High (if they don’t end up in our district or a first round matchup) 

Week 3:  Lufkin 

Week 4:  Ennis or a Strong Centex school Coach G has connections with from his Lake Travis folks.   Could sub this game for Texas High

59 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Mine for Marshall:

Week 2:  Texas High (if they don’t end up in our district or a first round matchup) 

Week 4:  Ennis or a Strong Centex school Coach G has connections with from his Lake Travis folks.   Could sub this game for Texas High

I’m pretty sure the Carthage Marshall game is set for week 1. The week of the state championship Surratt said that was the only game Carthage had scheduled. Glad to see that series continue, even with Carthage dropping to DII. Would’ve been easy for Marshall coach to say no. IMO with these 2 teams it doesn’t matter the division. It is easy travel and gives both teams a great game to help prepare them for the rest of the season, win or lose. The game in 2018 was one to remember. I think that game helped both teams see what they had. Last year was a little different with the QB situation, but really that’s the game y’all found your new QB in Savion. If he plays the whole game that week, it’s definitely closer. To be honest I can’t think of a better matchup for each team in ETX that is realistic. These 2 should be very evenly matched almost every year. 

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

Mine for Marshall:

I don't see Marshall and Texas High being in different districts 

2 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

I don't see Marshall and Texas High being in different districts 

Neither do I really.  

But it’s not impossible they go down I-30. 

We’ve  always had a North and South East Texas 5A Districts. Marshall, PT, and Hallsville bounced between them. But the split changes all that. 

It forces Metroplex schools into the ETX area. The North district is crowded with metro schools. The south district looks like it’ll likely be exclusively ETX.

We shall see. 

3 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I’m pretty sure the Carthage Marshall game is set for week 1. The week of the state championship Surratt said that was the only game Carthage had scheduled. Glad to see that series continue, even with Carthage dropping to DII. Would’ve been easy for Marshall coach to say no. IMO with these 2 teams it doesn’t matter the division. It is easy travel and gives both teams a great game to help prepare them for the rest of the season, win or lose. The game in 2018 was one to remember. I think that game helped both teams see what they had. Last year was a little different with the QB situation, but really that’s the game y’all found your new QB in Savion. If he plays the whole game that week, it’s definitely closer. To be honest I can’t think of a better matchup for each team in ETX that is realistic. These 2 should be very evenly matched almost every year. 

Agree. I like the match up. 

i have a feeling we will only have 2 non-district games with THS joining us. 

If that’s the case.... my vote is Carthage and Lufkin. 

Time to move on to new and better things. 

1.Cleveland

2.Huntington

3.Terrell

:) 

I am kidding!! We do need some teams on the schedule we have a chance to beat.  I want to see the Lufkin series end and I am tired of playing Kilgore.

Maybe play Greenville or Sulphur Springs or Forney just to change things up a bit!! 

8 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

5A D1 for Longview/John Tyler could be as many as 5 tbh.

Doubt Lufkin gets scheduled for Longview this season. But rather face them than Marshall tbh.

Wish list....
W1 - Temple (at AT&T) *confirmed*
W2 - Lufkin
W3 - Cedar Hill
W4 - West Monroe
W5 - Rockwall

If we do get 5 weeks. If we don't, then just put Rockwall where Lufkin is cause like I said, I don't think Lufkin gets scheduled.

Of course, we'll probably end up still scheduling Marshall, but we all know the series needs to end already.

The temple game, is that an event game for y’all with other games there or y’all just picked that as a neutral site. 

41 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

The temple game, is that an event game for y’all with other games there or y’all just picked that as a neutral site. 

It's an event game the UIL asked us to be apart of. But don't think it's been officially announced yet.

On 12/30/2019 at 6:27 PM, Nacwagons said:

1.Cleveland

2.Huntington

3.Terrell

:) 

I am kidding!! We do need some teams on the schedule we have a chance to beat.  I want to see the Lufkin series end and I am tired of playing Kilgore.

Maybe play Greenville or Sulphur Springs or Forney just to change things up a bit!! 

I would like to see Carthage put back on the schedule. We played them quite a bit in the 90’s and was brought back on the schedule by Harper and Reyes. We actually didn’t fare to bad against them. The lufkin game will unfortunately continue due to the convenience  of Travel. 

Carthage and Lufkin if we get 2 non-district games.

If we get three..... I'd like to see one long road trip,  Those are good to do early in the season.  Ennis maybe.  Huntsville.  Maybe even a Houston/Golden Triangle school (PNG, Nederland, Crosby, Barbers Hill).  Just to get out of the Piney Woods for a night.

Carthage would be a ticket $$$ money game.  Plus it should be competitive.

Lufkin...... I'd like to think it would be competitive.  But who knows....it's been too long since we've faced them.

The travel game is important... hope we can make it happen.

Alignment will make all this interesting.

1 hour ago, Spothhb2 said:

I did hear that Texas High dropped their game with LE.

They have games scheduled with Kilgore, JT, and Forney.

Oh, and Arkansas High. 

How?

They may only have 1... maybe 2 non district games.  

There’s no way they will have 4.

31 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Coaches usually line stuff up just in case then see what happens in February 

I understand maybe a week one or two game if schedules allow. 

But FOUR prior to alignment?

Who do they kick off if they end up with only 1 non-district game?

Seems like a waste of time to make a gentleman’s agreement before you know anything. 

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Seems like a waste of time to make a gentleman’s agreement before you know anything. 

They had 4 non district games the last 4 years. I'm sure he's just trying to cover his bases. 

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I bet you would be surprised what coach Griedl has in the works already. 

18 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

I bet you would be surprised what coach Griedl has in the works already. 

I’m aware of some.  Probably not all though. Hard to plan too much until after alignment. 

Hes doing something no one else has had the guts to do.  And I’m thrilled about it. 

• Thanks 1