Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
intheknow

15-4A Boys Basketball

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Parisian said:

Friday's game: Liberty-Eylau 60, Pleasant Grove 58 . . . L-E led throughout but PG made a late run and missed a 3 at the buzzer

North Lamar plays at Paris Saturday.

In girls play, PG beat L-E 65-52 to clinch another district title.  Paris beat NL 63-47...updated girls standings: PG 6-0, L-E 4-2, Paris 2-3, NL 2-4, Pitt 0-5

Keep us posted on Paris/NL final

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Does the Jackson kid play for PG?

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final: Paris 61, North Lamar 28

It was over after one period (22-2).  That makes 15 straight district wins by Paris since the end of the 2017-18 season. 

Standings:

  • Paris 4-0
  • Liberty-Eylau 3-1
  • PG 2-2
  • NL 1-3
  • Pitt 0-4

Tuesday's games: Paris @ L-E, PG @ Pitt

If Paris wins Tuesday, Cats will have a 2-game lead with 3 to play and a virtual lock on the title.  An L-E win makes the race interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Parisian said:

Final: Paris 61, North Lamar 28

It was over after one period (22-2).  That makes 15 straight district wins by Paris since the end of the 2017-18 season. 

Standings:

  • Paris 4-0
  • Liberty-Eylau 3-1
  • PG 2-2
  • NL 1-3
  • Pitt 0-4

Tuesday's games: Paris @ L-E, PG @ Pitt

If Paris wins Tuesday, Cats will have a 2-game lead with 3 to play and a virtual lock on the title.  An L-E win makes the race interesting.

LE will not beat Paris!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Hogman2018 said:

LE will not beat Paris!! 

That’s a true statement.   Looking ahead at the region it will be very tough for for 15AAAA to do any damage.  Paris, LE and PG could probably knock off Celina but the others will be tough.

Faith Family 

Carter

Lincoln

Celina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

That’s a true statement.   Looking ahead at the region it will be very tough for for 15AAAA to do any damage.  Paris, LE and PG could probably knock off Celina but the others will be tough.

Faith Family 

Carter

Lincoln

Celina

District 15-4A teams will not face any DFW teams until the regional tournament.  The two regional quarterfinal brackets are composed of Districts 13-16, and right now it looks like District 15 could send 2 teams to Commerce, just like last year.  And, just like last year, the road ends in the regional semifinals.  It looks like Faith Family and Carter will provide the roadblocks to state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2020 at 8:40 PM, Hogman2018 said:

LE will not beat Paris!! 

LE can beat Paris... I'm not guaranteeing that they will or anything of that sort.. but the first matchup was a good game. A Paris run in the 2nd qtr was the difference.

Has anyone else in district even challenged Paris yet? I thought PG would but they destroyed them

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, WiseGuy said:

LE can beat Paris... I'm not guaranteeing that they will or anything of that sort.. but the first matchup was a good game. A Paris run in the 2nd qtr was the difference.

Has anyone else in district even challenged Paris yet? I thought PG would but they destroyed them

Actually, Pitt kept it close with an incredible 3-point shooting performance in their new gym until Paris blew it open in the 2nd half.  Paris has, by far, the best starting lineup in the district but if any of the starters is missing or gets in foul trouble, they're vulnerable.  L-E has the athletes to challenge if the Cats aren't on their game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, the district could send 2 teams to regionals. Looking at standings the top teams in the other districts on this side of the bracket are 

 

Caddo Mills & Crandall 

Canton & Van

Henderson & Kilgore 

 

None of those teams scare me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2020 at 1:15 PM, Parisian said:

District 15-4A teams will not face any DFW teams until the regional tournament.  The two regional quarterfinal brackets are composed of Districts 13-16, and right now it looks like District 15 could send 2 teams to Commerce, just like last year.  And, just like last year, the road ends in the regional semifinals.  It looks like Faith Family and Carter will provide the roadblocks to state.

+100  Reg Semis and done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jerryhawk111 said:

I agree, the district could send 2 teams to regionals. Looking at standings the top teams in the other districts on this side of the bracket are 

 

Caddo Mills & Crandall 

Canton & Van

Henderson & Kilgore 

 

None of those teams scare me 

Wasn’t Crandall in regional tournament last year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, harry7 said:

Wasn’t Crandall in regional tournament last year? 

 

PG beat Crandall and Paris beat Spring Hill to advance to last year's regional tournament.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Parisian said:

 

PG beat Crandall and Paris beat Spring Hill to advance to last year's regional tournament.

That’s right. Thanks for the clarification 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final: Paris 71, Liberty-Eylau 45.

Cats used a 22-6 second quarter to take control.  The Leopards' big men got in early foul trouble, and the Paris defense and fast break took over.

A win Friday vs. Pittsburg would clinch at least a tie for the 6th district title in the past 8 years for Paris.  It would be Billy Mack Steed's 9th in 13 seasons at PHS and 16th overall in his 25-year coaching career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday's scores:

  • Paris boys 82, Pittsburg 50
  • Liberty-Eylau boys 53, North Lamar 38
  • Paris girls 49, Pitt 48
  • L-E girls 53, NL 43

Boys standings:

  • Paris 6-0
  • Liberty-Eylau 4-2
  • Pleasant Grove 3-2
  • North Lamar 1-4
  • Pittsburg 0-6

Girls standings

  • PG 7-0
  • L-E 6-2
  • Paris 3-4
  • NL 2-5
  • Pitt 0-7

Tuesday's games: (regular season ends for girls) Paris at PG, NL at Pitt

Boys synopsis: Paris has clinched no worse than a championship tie and will clinch outright with one more win (vs. PG or NL) or a PG loss.  The Feb. 18 PG @ L-E game will likely determine the Nos. 2-3 seeds, while the Feb. 14 NL @ Pitt game will likely decide 4th place.

Girls synopsis: PG and L-E are 1-2.  An NL win over Pitt creates a tie with Paris for 3-4, while a Pitt win makes Paris 3rd and NL 4th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If PG beats LE @ LE I am assuming they will play again the next Friday for seeding purposes?   Looks like Paris is far better than the others.  Early on I thought PG may have the edge but does not look that way.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

If PG beats LE @ LE I am assuming they will play again the next Friday for seeding purposes?   Looks like Paris is far better than the others.  Early on I thought PG may have the edge but does not look that way.    

If they end up in a tie, I assume they could either have a playoff or flip for seeding.  Realistically, there's not much difference in the playoff bracket for the Nos. 2 & 3 seeds.  Unless they want a rubber game match with each other, they might just flip it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuesday's scores:

  • Paris boys 68, Pleasant Grove 59
  • Pittsburg boys 53, North Lamar 49
  • PG girls 67, Paris 27
  • Pitt girls 55, NL 30

Boys standings:

  • Paris 7-0
  • Liberty-Eylau 4-2
  • Pleasant Grove 3-3
  • North Lamar 1-5
  • Pittsburg 1-6

Girls final standings:

  • PG 8-0
  • L-E 6-2
  • Paris 3-5
  • NL 2-6
  • Pitt 1-7

Boys synopsis: Paris has now won 18 straight district games and 9 district titles in Billy Mack Steed's 13 seasons at the school.  L-E can take the No. 2 spot with a win next Tuesday vs. PG.  NL and Pitt appear headed for a play-in game unless Pitt can upset L-E Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, so to wrap this topic up...

Tuesday's scores:

  • Paris 66, North Lamar 40
  • Liberty-Eylau 70, Pleasant Grove 58

Final Boys standings:

  1. Paris 8-0
  2. Liberty-Eylau 6-2
  3. Pleasant Grove 4-4
  4. (tie) North Lamar 1-7 & Pittsburg 1-7

NL & Pitt have a play-in game Friday at Rivercrest.  Winner advances to bi-district vs. District 16 champion Henderson.  PG plays runnerup Chapel Hill in first round.

Kilgore & Tyler Cumberland tied for 3rd in District 16 and will have a play-in game.  Paris gets the loser in bi-district, winner of NL-Pitt gets the winner.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parisian, thanks for keeping us updated on all results and standings.   Good luck to the district in the playoffs and hope to see a couple at the regional tourney.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bi-district matchups:

  • Paris vs. Tyler Cumberland, Tuesday 7 pm @ Sulphur Springs
  • Liberty-Eylau vs. Kilgore, Tuesday 7:30 pm @ Hallsville
  • Pleasant Grove vs. Chapel Hill Tuesday 7 pm @ Marshall
  • Pittsburg/North Lamar winner vs. Henderson

Paris' path to regionals appears to include the loser of Van-Canton in the area round, and Henderson in the quarterfinals.  Henderson came on strong to win District 16 (11-1).

L-E and PG are in the other quarterfinal bracket.  To get to Commerce one of the Texarkana schools will have to survive a field that includes District 13 champion Crandall and the winner of Van-Canton.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...