g

intheknow

Reading through social media about the game I see a lot of people trying to slight Jay Buckley! I've been following this stuff since Terry Teagle and played with some of the great Shelbyville teams of the 80's back when Center was a 3a powerhouse and our biggest rival. IMO Buckley is the best guard I've seen come through this area. . Excluding Terry Teagle of course. 

That's no disrespect to the many great players that have came through here. Just my opinion. I felt the need to throw in my 2 cents after reading all the saltiness on social media🤷‍♂️😂

7 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

Reading through social media about the game I see a lot of people trying to slight Jay Buckley! I've been following this stuff since Terry Teagle and played with some of the great Shelbyville teams of the 80's back when Center was a 3a powerhouse and our biggest rival. IMO Buckley is the best guard I've seen come through this area. . Excluding Terry Teagle of course. 

That's no disrespect to the many great players that have came through here. Just my opinion. I felt the need to throw in my 2 cents after reading all the saltiness on social media🤷‍♂️😂

I haven’t read anything that has slighted him. If you have then I strongly suggest you ignore it or cast it off as a CNN report. Jay is absolutely amazing. He is double teamed constantly and has different fresh defenders ran at em throughout the game no one from any team has stopped em yet. Sville has a solid cast around him but ultimately they will go as far as he can carry them. Sville has some injuries and a few short comings this year compared to last year’s team but Jay is doing more than an adequate job in making up for it. He has a bright future for sure...... The funny thing to me is he beat Jon Tyler, Cushing, Tenaha, Timpson, Joaquin, Carlisle, Cayuga all in the same night....😂

• LOL! 3

1 hour ago, BlueBlood99 said:

The funny thing to me is he beat Jon Tyler, Cushing, Tenaha, Timpson, Joaquin, Carlisle, Cayuga all in the same night....😂

I really wanted to say this 😂😂😂

And this team is different than the last two. Not as big or deep. The sad thing is Jordan with the knee injury 😪 I know it happens but that is HUGE! 

On 1/19/2020 at 12:38 PM, BlueBlood99 said:

I haven’t read anything that has slighted him. If you have then I strongly suggest you ignore it or cast it off as a CNN report. Jay is absolutely amazing. He is double teamed constantly and has different fresh defenders ran at em throughout the game no one from any team has stopped em yet. Sville has a solid cast around him but ultimately they will go as far as he can carry them. Sville has some injuries and a few short comings this year compared to last year’s team but Jay is doing more than an adequate job in making up for it. He has a bright future for sure...... The funny thing to me is he beat Jon Tyler, Cushing, Tenaha, Timpson, Joaquin, Carlisle, Cayuga all in the same night....😂

Buckley had 34 points and Jordan had 3 points and they still won. That's says a lot about Buckley and the rest of the team but man do they need Jordan to get healthy. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

SA beat Shelbyville

Tenaha beat Garrison. 

SA came to play! They out rebounded us by a large margin and played great defense. 

We were cold shooting also. Overall probably less than 20% from the floor. 

Shelbyville had some extremely obnoxious fans at the game tonight as well! They should have been arrested in my opinion. It was embarrassing. 

9 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

SA came to play! They out rebounded us by a large margin and played great defense. 

We were cold shooting also. Overall probably less than 20% from the floor. 

Shelbyville had some extremely obnoxious fans at the game tonight as well! They should have been arrested in my opinion. It was embarrassing. 

When they meet again i think it will b a different ballgame Shelbyville sure b ready for them. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mrballin936 said:

When they meet again i think it will b a different ballgame Shelbyville sure b ready for them. 

For sure. Coach Schmitt just told me this morning we had won 28 district games in a row!! It was going to happen eventually. 

I remember back in the 80's we had a 58 game win streak and then lost two district games in a row. To West Sabine and Huntington. 

15 hours ago, LLIONPRIDE said:

Had a chance to watch Grapeland the other night and as much as i hate to say it, they will have something to say about who wins Region 3! Pretty solid across the board and can go. 2-3 solid bench players.

I've had my eye on them as well and totally agree with what you say. 

22 hours ago, LLIONPRIDE said:

Had a chance to watch Grapeland the other night and as much as i hate to say it, they will have something to say about who wins Region 3! Pretty solid across the board and can go. 2-3 solid bench players.

Rankings don’t matter but Grapeland is ranked higher than anyone in this district.