The Smoakhouse Forums

22-2A Boys Basketball

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven’t read anything that has slighted him. If you have then I strongly suggest you ignore it or cast it off as a CNN report. Jay is absolutely amazing. He is double teamed constantly and has diffe

I believe Shelbyville made that run in ‘01. Lost to Mart. Timpson was the other playoff team from the Garrison/ SA district, and they lost to Garrison in regional finals. Only three teams made the pla

Garrison has an excellent basketball coach that completely revitalized the program.  

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Garrison beat SA

Garrison has a good team! We beat them handily but our shooters were hot and a lot of things went our way. In my opinion they could beat anybody in the district.

Had a chance to watch Grapeland the other night and as much as i hate to say it, they will have something to say about who wins Region 3! Pretty solid across the board and can go. 2-3 solid bench players.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, LLIONPRIDE said:

Had a chance to watch Grapeland the other night and as much as i hate to say it, they will have something to say about who wins Region 3! Pretty solid across the board and can go. 2-3 solid bench players.

I've had my eye on them as well and totally agree with what you say. 

22 hours ago, LLIONPRIDE said:

Rankings don’t matter but Grapeland is ranked higher than anyone in this district. 

Joaquin is definitely not known as a basketball school but this district is brutal. There are teams in other districts they we beat easily that will make the playoffs and we not even gonna sniff the playoffs. One team from our district will stay home and deserves to advance 

• Like 1
On 2/4/2020 at 10:44 PM, longhorncrazy said:

Did Joaquin beat Shelbyville tonight?

I always laugh at the comments about Joe but it's not from lack of respect. They have plenty of athletes. More than they get credit for. 

8 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

I always laugh at the comments about Joe but it's not from lack of respect. They have plenty of athletes. More than they get credit for. 

It was 31-21 half...... Joe has a hard time putting 4qtrs together. One senior on the team. Mostly freshman and sophomores play.

• Like 1
On 2/10/2020 at 9:40 AM, grinder said:

what is the district standings after friday night?

Not sure the exact standings but 

1. Shelbyville

2. Tenaha

3. San Augustine. 

SA is one back and has a win over both.

Shelbyville and Tenaha about to tip off.