Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
intheknow

22-2A Boys Basketball

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

It will be a double header at SFA! Should be a treat for basketball fans! 

I'd imagine its gonna be a hoot nanny,  sadly I'll be at work.   

 

I bet the Gary folks gonna enjoy getting exposed to a little diversity in the big city.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greezychef said:

I'd imagine its gonna be a hoot nanny,  sadly I'll be at work.   

 

I bet the Gary folks gonna enjoy getting exposed to a little diversity in the big city.

Garrison played one of the sloppiest games I have ever seen on a basketball court against Gary ... they made unforced turnover after unforced turnover throwing passes they had no business trying ... they literally gave the game away with their long range bad fast break passes ... it was hard to watch ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how nobody ever beats Garrison in any sport. If they lose it’s always because Garrison messed up......

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BlueBlood99 said:

I like how nobody ever beats Garrison in any sport. If they lose it’s always because Garrison messed up......

Or they got outcoached and need to run the whole staff off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Or they got outcoached and need to run the whole staff off. 

Garrison has an excellent basketball coach that completely revitalized the program.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Garrison has an excellent basketball coach that completely revitalized the program.  

Yes, one of the best basketball teams we have had in a long time ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Greezychef said:

Garrison has an excellent basketball coach that completely revitalized the program.  

But they lost. To GARY! He’s got to go. Kirt don’t play. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Coach Cloudy truly one of the good guys in the profession. Great coach as well 

Have heard nothing but good things about him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Coach Cloudy truly one of the good guys in the profession. Great coach as well 

I was extremely impressed with Garrison! To include their fans and the spirit they brought everytime we played them. Fans don't win games but a good highly spirited fan base can make a difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/29/2020 at 3:06 PM, KirtFalcon said:

Garrison played one of the sloppiest games I have ever seen on a basketball court against Gary ... they made unforced turnover after unforced turnover throwing passes they had no business trying ... they literally gave the game away with their long range bad fast break passes ... it was hard to watch ....

I was really surprised with the results of the game. No disrespect to Gary but I expected Garrison to win by 10 plus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gen7Dragon said:

I was really surprised with the results of the game. No disrespect to Gary but I expected Garrison to win by 10 plus. 

We should have ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 11:56 PM, Gen7Dragon said:

It will be a double header at SFA! Should be a treat for basketball fans! 

Do you know the date and time yet?  These should be good games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ButtermilkPie said:

Gary vs. Shelbyville @ 6:00

San Augustine vs. Tenaha @8:00

At Johnson Coliseum on the SFA Campus

Thanks!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three of the four teams from one district! Reminds me of back in 03 when Garrison and SA came out of this district and both won state football titles.  2a D1 and D2. That same year Shelbyville went to the 3rd round!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

Three of the four teams from one district! Reminds me of back in 03 when Garrison and SA came out of this district and both won state football titles.  2a D1 and D2. That same year Shelbyville went to the 3rd round!  

I believe Shelbyville made that run in ‘01. Lost to Mart. Timpson was the other playoff team from the Garrison/ SA district, and they lost to Garrison in regional finals. Only three teams made the playoffs at the time. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I believe Shelbyville made that run in ‘01. Lost to Mart. Timpson was the other playoff team from the Garrison/ SA district, and they lost to Garrison in regional finals. Only three teams made the playoffs at the time. 

That's correct ....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I believe Shelbyville made that run in ‘01. Lost to Mart. Timpson was the other playoff team from the Garrison/ SA district, and they lost to Garrison in regional finals. Only three teams made the playoffs at the time. 

I'm getting old. Lol  SA and Garrison did win state in 03 I'm pretty sure? They were in the  same district but Garrison went in D1 and SA D2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gen7Dragon said:

I'm getting old. Lol  SA and Garrison did win state in 03 I'm pretty sure? They were in the  same district but Garrison went in D1 and SA D2.

They did both win, but it was opposite.  SA won D1 and Garrison won D2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

I'm getting old. Lol  SA and Garrison did win state in 03 I'm pretty sure? They were in the  same district but Garrison went in D1 and SA D2.

Garrison was D2 

SA was D1

Garrison also beat SA that year ... undisputed 2A champ

That was before the UIL changed all the classification designations.  Those championships were won in what is now 3A ....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hunter92 said:

They did both win, but it was opposite.  SA won D1 and Garrison won D2.

And SA fires their coach right after lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

And SA fires their coach right after lol

Yes, he was a real card ... lol ....  the refs couldn't keep him off the field during the game .... 😂

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2020 at 10:27 AM, ButtermilkPie said:

Gary vs. Shelbyville @ 6:00

San Augustine vs. Tenaha @8:00

At Johnson Coliseum on the SFA Campus

What day ? 3-3-2020

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, action10 said:

What day ? 3-3-2020

 

yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...