College Football Unpopular Opinions

ETXfan16

5 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I love Nick Saban.  Love to watch him whine and make excuses for not wanting a real playoff and not wanting to get embarrassed by "lesser" teams ....

FB_IMG_1573415399971.jpg.c484be38ce1093a27e5a52c1b5498ac1.jpg

That must be in between your dreams of a threesome with Hillary and Nancy, because he’s never said anything about those things. 

8 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

That must be in between your dreams of a threesome with Hillary and Nancy, because he’s never said anything about those things. 

How much is he paying you to defend him? Probably not enough ... :rofl:

18 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

He made me an offer, but I told since it meant me getting to make you look stupid, id do it for free. Turns out, it’s not that difficult! 

You are the one that looks stupid trying to defend the indefensible,  and I'm not the only one on here that thinks so ... like your uncle Nick, your whiney excuses keep you squirming around and make you look foolish ....

Just now, KirtFalcon said:

You are the one that looks stupid trying to defend the indefensible,  and I'm not the only one on here that thinks so ... like your uncle Nick, your whiney excuses keep you squirming around and make you look foolish ....

I haven’t made excuses. You’ve made stupid, irrational arguments about something that you know nothing about. Now, if you have a link to a video of Saban arguing against a playoff, or an article where he was quoted as such, please post it and we’ll discuss it. As far as debating the merits of a playoff system, I’m willing to do that with someone of reasonable intelligence, a qualification that leaves you out. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I haven’t made excuses. You’ve made stupid, irrational arguments about something that you know nothing about. Now, if you have a link to a video of Saban arguing against a playoff, or an article where he was quoted as such, please post it and we’ll discuss it. As far as debating the merits of a playoff system, I’m willing to do that with someone of reasonable intelligence, a qualification that leaves you out. 

You are the one making stupid arguments against what most people consider a long overdue legitimate playoff ... I have already commented on/replied to/ posted Saban making his ridiculous excuses, much like yours ... not going to go back and do research for you on something already hashed and rehashed ... You evidently lack the intelligence to understand what many on here have laid out for you ... all you have is your old, tired sophomoric rhetoric  ...

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

6 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

You are the one making stupid arguments against what most people consider a long overdue legitimate playoff ... I have already commented on/replied to/ posted Saban making his ridiculous excuses, much like yours ... not going to go back and do research for you on something already hashed and rehashed ... You evidently lack the intelligence to understand what many on here have laid out for you ... all you have is your old, tired sophomoric rhetoric  ...

We have a legitimate playoff. There is currently a debate about expanding it, and I am willing to participate in such. My current challenge to you is to either provide evidence of your constant statements that the greatest college football coach of all time (plenty of evidence to support that) is, as you say, “scared” of such expansion, or to shut up and debate the matter on its merits. I have some very legitimate points to make on the matter as well, but I’m not going to bother debating it with a blowhard like you. 

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

We have a legitimate playoff. There is currently a debate about expanding it, and I am willing to participate in such. My current challenge to you is to either provide evidence of your constant statements that the greatest college football coach of all time (plenty of evidence to support that) is, as you say, “scared” of such expansion, or to shut up and debate the matter on its merits. I have some very legitimate points to make on the matter as well, but I’m not going to bother debating it with a blowhard like you. 

We have an invitational tournament that is a rigged and flawed outcome. Until it is expanded to include all conference champions, it will remain so.  Videos of Saban crying about the bowls and tying them to a limited playoff has already been posted, you are just too dense and full of yourself to admit it  ... The evidence is there if you take your blinders off ... I don't  know why I keep trying to reason with a foaming at the mouth windbag like you ... 

Nick Saban: Bowl games would 'disintegrate' by expanding playoff

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25625384/alabama-crimson-tide-coach-nick-saban-remains-opposed-expanding-playoff-field

Nick Saban says there is a cost to playoff expansion

https://www.wsfa.com/2019/01/05/nick-saban-says-there-is-cost-playoff-expansion/

Saban references Richt firing as one reason against playoff expansion

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/saban-references-richt-firing-as-one-reason-against-playoff-expansion

These are only a few instances about Saban whining about expanding the playoffs ... i will accept your apology and retraction of your false and baseless comments .... or are you just going to continue your false and ignorant rant?

On 1/5/2020 at 7:53 AM, trueblue82 said:

I was pointing out the fact that the cities that host these “lower tier” bowls y’all keep talking about are, for the most part, dumps. Do you want to go to Memphis or Shreveport for a game? I don’t. I have family in the Memphis area, and it’s one of the worst cities in the south. Mavgrad is on record in this thread documenting what a pit independence stadium is, and it’s in the most crime riddled part of Shreveport. You’re also putting three first round games in one state. That’s a little unfair, don’t you think? 

FBS National Semi-Final games hosted by Jackson State and Arkansas-Pine Bluff...FBS Championship hosted by Mississippi Valley State...rotates between those 3 each year. Work Alabama State, Alabama A&M, Southern and Prairie View A&M in for Quarterfinal games. 

Bidding war for tickets...some communities to help financially.

Grambling, Tuskegee, NC A&T, Florida A&M, Morehouse, Alcorn State, Morgan State, and Hampton are the Sweet 16 host sites.  

12 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

No, you said that the system was “broken”. Your words, not mine. I asked you to show how it was broken. For it to be broken, there has to be an obvious case where the system we are currently using has left a team with a legitimate claim to being the best in the country out. I’m waiting for you to give us an example of such. Tick........... Tock ........ 

BROKEN....exactly right!  The best team does not, has not and will not always win with whats in place.  Why are the other sports never questioned about who is the best?  BECAUSE THEY ALL HAVE A TRUE PLAYOFF.  No need to beat a dead horse.  This broken system will be in place until 2024 I think until the contract is over.

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

We have an invitational tournament that is a rigged and flawed outcome. Until it is expanded to include all conference champions, it will remain so.  Videos of Saban crying about the bowls and tying them to a limited playoff has already been posted, you are just too dense and full of yourself to admit it  ... The evidence is there if you take your blinders off ... I don't  know why I keep trying to reason with a foaming at the mouth windbag like you ... 

Nick Saban: Bowl games would 'disintegrate' by expanding playoff

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25625384/alabama-crimson-tide-coach-nick-saban-remains-opposed-expanding-playoff-field

Nick Saban says there is a cost to playoff expansion

https://www.wsfa.com/2019/01/05/nick-saban-says-there-is-cost-playoff-expansion/

Saban references Richt firing as one reason against playoff expansion

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/saban-references-richt-firing-as-one-reason-against-playoff-expansion

These are only a few instances about Saban whining about expanding the playoffs ... i will accept your apology and retraction of your false and baseless comments .... or are you just going to continue your false and ignorant rant?

Every one of his points that you posted is a fact. Have you looked at bowl game attendance recently? Aside from the playoff, it’s in the toilet. Mark Richt got fired because he couldn’t make the playoff and couldn’t beat Alabama. Thanks for making my point. 

59 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

FBS National Semi-Final games hosted by Jackson State and Arkansas-Pine Bluff...FBS Championship hosted by Mississippi Valley State...rotates between those 3 each year. Work Alabama State, Alabama A&M, Southern and Prairie View A&M in for Quarterfinal games. 

Bidding war for tickets...some communities to help financially.

Grambling, Tuskegee, NC A&T, Florida A&M, Morehouse, Alcorn State, Morgan State, and Hampton are the Sweet 16 host sites.  

Good point.  It would be great if all football would get smart like this. LOL

21 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Every one of his points that you posted is a fact. Have you looked at bowl game attendance recently? Aside from the playoff, it’s in the toilet. Mark Richt got fired because he couldn’t make the playoff and couldn’t beat Alabama. Thanks for making my point. 

Your point is invalid ... and I have proven Saban has been whining about expanding the playoffs for years, just like you ... if the bowl games were used for a 16 game playoff ... a REAL playoff ... the attendance would pick up as playoff atmosphere would create increased interest ... still waiting on you to admit I was right about Saban whining about expanding the playoffs, of course you would have to admit you are wrong first ... you are sort of like the Democrats and the liberal media ... ignoring the facts .... 😎

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Your point is invalid ... and I have proven Saban has been whining about expanding the playoffs for years, just like you ... if the bowl games were used for a 16 game playoff ... a REAL playoff ... the attendance would pick up as playoff atmosphere would create increased interest ... still waiting on you to admit I was right about Saban whining about expanding the playoffs, of course you would have to admit you are wrong first ... you are sort of like the Democrats and the liberal media ... ignoring the facts .... 😎

+1000

When this contract is over there will be expansion.  Just hope they have enough brain power to make it 16 and not 8.

2 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Saban gave reasons he didn't like playoff expansion, all of which were true, legit reasons and none of which were "he's scared of losing to a lesser team", which was your claim. You've proven he doesn't want playoff expansion. You haven't proved that it's because he was "scared".

36 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Saban gave reasons he didn't like playoff expansion, all of which were true, legit reasons and none of which were "he's scared of losing to a lesser team", which was your claim. You've proven he doesn't want playoff expansion. You haven't proved that it's because he was "scared".

Saban is full of :poop: ... his reasons are just weak excuses because he is scared of getting exposed in an early round ... my opinion ....

40 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Saban is full of :poop: ... his reasons are just weak excuses because he is scared of getting exposed in an early round ... my opinion ....

There you go! That's all you had to say and it would've saved us all a lot of time. 

Your opinion is that his reasoning is fear. That's fine. Stating it as fact as you did before wasn't really backed by anything. 

I agree with you, to a degree. I remember when Saban couldn't figure out hurry-up no huddle offenses so he pushed for a rule change, arguing it was for "safety" reasons when anyone could see that it was just because they gave his defenses fits for a few years. He also complained about the pick play being run by Clemson to end the 2016 title game, but he regularly runs those same plays. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

There you go! That's all you had to say and it would've saved us all a lot of time. 

Your opinion is that his reasoning is fear. That's fine. Stating it as fact as you did before wasn't really backed by anything. 

I agree with you, to a degree. I remember when Saban couldn't figure out hurry-up no huddle offenses so he pushed for a rule change, arguing it was for "safety" reasons when anyone could see that it was just because they gave his defenses fits for a few years. He also complained about the pick play being run by Clemson to end the 2016 title game, but he regularly runs those same plays. 

Do you expect him to ADMIT that's why he doesn't want to expand the playoffs? .... :rofl:

Saban could care less about what a playoff would do to the bowls, all he cares about is playing fewer games to win a championship and having a selection committee whittle down the competition for him ....  tru storie ....

See the source image

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

In my opinion, none of the big Power 5 players want a bigger playoff. Why give the little guys a chance? Those guys don't want to line up against Boise State just to win and get to a semi-final match-up. I've stated many times why I think the playoff should be expanded:

On the first day of practice in August, every FBS D1 head football coach should be able to tell his players if they take care of business and win all their games they have a chance to win a NC. And that is NOT the case for over half the teams in FBS football. Their victory is making it to what we refer to as the shitty bowl games. If a team or teams does not have an opportunity to play for the championship in their league then they should not be in said league.

4 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Your opinion, which is based on ignorance. You have yet to post anything of substance that causes any point you make to be taken seriously. You are the SDC equivalent of Joe Biden, a creepy old guy who manages to hang around because everyone wants to hear what kind of stupid stuff you’re going to say next. I’m not sure if you’re Creepy Joe’s older brother or Colin Cowherds dad. You exhibit traits that remind me of both. 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

23 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Your opinion, which is based on ignorance. You have yet to post anything of substance that causes any point you make to be taken seriously. You are the SDC equivalent of Joe Biden, a creepy old guy who manages to hang around because everyone wants to hear what kind of stupid stuff you’re going to say next. I’m not sure if you’re Creepy Joe’s older brother or Colin Cowherds dad. You exhibit traits that remind me of both. 

Your posts reak of ignorance and arrogance .... I believe more people on here agree with what I have said about expanding the playoffs than your short sighted stupid excuses for not doing so.  You can't  win the arguments on the merits so you stoop to personal attacks. I am surprised you are allowed to serve as a moderator on here with your attitude and sour disposition ....

13 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Your posts reak of ignorance and arrogance .... I believe more people on here agree with what I have said about expanding the playoffs than your short sighted stupid excuses for not doing so.  You can't  win the arguments on the merits so you stoop to personal attacks. I am surprised you are allowed to serve as a moderator on here with your attitude and sour disposition ....

My posts are getting plenty of positive reactions. You are the one making personal attacks, unfounded ones at that, against one of the most respected coaches in the history of college football. Once you dispense with those, I will share my opinions on why a playoff expansion is unnecessary. Until you do, I will continue to expose you as a bitter old man. Your call, Colin. 

3 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

My posts are getting plenty of positive reactions. You are the one making personal attacks, unfounded ones at that, against one of the most respected coaches in the history of college football. Once you dispense with those, I will share my opinions on why a playoff expansion is unnecessary. Until you do, I will continue to expose you as a bitter old man. Your call, Colin. 

I am the one making personal attacks? ... that's a laugh ... go back and read your responses to me, you have done nothing but make personal attacks against me .... surprised you haven't ben reeled in or suspended yet .... 

Edited by KirtFalcon