UIL Realignment 2019-21

Panther89

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tiger03lb
9 hours ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Fairfield should be everyone's early favorite to win state with what they have coming back

Grandview and Potts bringing everyone back pretty much also.

cant wait for D day

GV is losing 2/3 of their defense. They're pretty much in the same position as us. Wonder what their rb's will look like? Offense will be alright. 

Potts is in the same boat at rb position. Their soph. Rb was decent when he got to play. They are losing 3 or 4 wr's as well but they had a hand full of them. Defensively they'll be fine with what they have. 

I was surprised by the amount of seniors yoe and troy had. 

A lot of teams reloading this upcoming year. 

To me, Brock is the team that has the most returning out of all the top tier teams.  Now, Grandview returns the QB and will be the preseason number one team in the state...no question on that.  However, they certainly do have more questions this go-around. 

Guest Tiger03lb
48 minutes ago, Yoe09 said:

To me, Brock is the team that has the most returning out of all the top tier teams.  Now, Grandview returns the QB and will be the preseason number one team in the state...no question on that.  However, they certainly do have more questions this go-around. 

Agreed, with #3 coming back anything is possible with him. Depending on the rb position, to me they'll be throwing the ball more this year. They got a really good freshman wr and a couple of other wr coming back. 

GW is another team that is bring back a lot. They are losing a few key players on defense.

I know Tatum is not a top tier team but they are bring pretty much everyone back. I think they'll get back in the groove of things. 

Below is what the Dallas Morning News is predicting:

7-5A: Denison, Frisco, Frisco Lebanon Trail, Frisco Liberty, Frisco Memorial, Lake Dallas, Lovejoy, Princeton, Prosper Rock Hill

8-5A: Carrollton Creekview, Crandall, Forney, Greenville, Mesquite Poteet, North Forney, Royse City

They don't list any East Texas teams but I know some of you have speculated about where some of the above may land.

I wonder how many schools out there have managed to stay in the same UIL class since they’ve opened or for the really old schools, since UIL first became a thing and had classifications. (Whenever UIL adds a class, doesn’t count as a change) so for example, a school that stays in 3A up until 1980,  goes up to 4A then, and sticks around until going to 5A in 2014 due to UIL adding classes both those years listed.

The most steady East Texas school I can think of off the top of my head appears to be Tyler Lee who’s in the largest class in every old realignment posted thus far and as far as I know hasn’t once dropped down since then and now.

15 hours ago, mTex said:

I wonder how many schools out there have managed to stay in the same UIL class since they’ve opened or for the really old schools, since UIL first became a thing and had classifications. (Whenever UIL adds a class, doesn’t count as a change) so for example, a school that stays in 3A up until 1980,  goes up to 4A then, and sticks around until going to 5A in 2014 due to UIL adding classes both those years listed.

The most steady East Texas school I can think of off the top of my head appears to be Tyler Lee who’s in the largest class in every old realignment posted thus far and as far as I know hasn’t once dropped down since then and now.

Definitely would be interesting to see if anyone has stayed in the top level their entire history.

Abilene would be my best guess for that.

Tyler Lee's first two seasons (1958 & 1959) were in 3A, but they've been in the top level ever since 1960.

On 1/2/2020 at 7:23 PM, swaha said:

Hot knife through butter for Carthage! I am curious how accurate DCTF predictions compare to past re-alignments. I have never found what the parameters are that the UIL uses once they have the enrollment numbers.

Uil has used the throwing darts and inny mini mighty Moe method in the past. They have also use the Highland Park gets it way method as well.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Very interested to see where Carthage goes. It seems there are 3 viable options. The Gilmer/PG district.  A district with Rusk, Spring Hill. Or down with Jasper.  

Anything is possible, but Carthage coming in with PG / Gilmer would be more shocking than the other two options. UIL tends to use I-20 as a boundary for districts...not always the case though.

4 minutes ago, swaha said:

Anything is possible, but Carthage coming in with PG / Gilmer would be more shocking than the other two options. UIL tends to use I-20 as a boundary for districts...not always the case though.

That's what I think too. But its been picking up more steam with texas football and some others.