Pre-Season Baseball Poll

Jrock123

On 1/10/2020 at 4:39 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Interesting Kilgore at 1. They lost a ton of position players and their #2 pitcher. Top 5 in their lineup graduated.

I thought Kilgore only graduated 3 starters??

catcher, shortstop, and center fielder.

their stud going to tech is back as well as their #2 pitcher (lefty) correct?

2 minutes ago, WiseGuy said:

I thought Kilgore only graduated 3 starters??

catcher, shortstop, and center fielder.

their stud going to tech is back as well as their #2 pitcher (lefty) correct?

Catcher, SS, CF, DH and 3rd base I think.

All were top 5 in their lineup. Plus the SS was their #2 pitcher. All were very good players and the team revolved around them.

But they do have Hampton coming back (Texas Tech) commit.

This how I see that district

SH

Bullard

Kilgore

I seriously doubt that Argyle will ever assemble another team to match the 2018 and 2019 teams that won 2 National Championships and went 77-1-1 in those two seasons against top competition from 5A and 6A teams in Texas......not counting their 4A opponents in district and the playoffs.  The only team to defeat Argyle in that stretch was two time 6A State Champ Southlake Carroll in early March in the Highland Park Tournament last season.  Argyle still has an excellent team base returning this season for 4A, but will most probably lose games in predistrict to some of those 5A and 6A opponents on their schedule and in those tournaments this season.  They should be very competitive by playoff time in 4A like always.  

On 1/12/2020 at 10:12 AM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

All were top 5 in their lineup. Plus the SS was their #2 pitcher. All were very good players and the team revolved around them.

SH

Bullard

Kilgore

Interesting. I don't think the SS ever pitched against us in the playoffs. Hampton went game 1 with the lefty in relief. Lefty went game 2 with 3B in relief.

With Hampton and the Lefty they will still be solid on the mound. They will also be better defensively behind the plate. Their JV catcher was really good, he just did not hit as well as the varsity guy that graduated.

On 1/12/2020 at 10:12 AM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

SH

Bullard

Kilgore

Wrong CF didn't graduate they RETURN 6 STARTERS and their top 2 pitchers from last season 

• Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Wrong CF didn't graduate they RETURN 6 STARTERS and their top 2 pitchers from last season 

CF-Duece Irvin- graduated

2nd pithcher ended up being Gus Witt because he was performing better- Graduated

So prove me wrong

CF, catcher, SS-Pitcher, 3rd baseman and DH all graduated. They were the top 5 in the lineup also.

• Stinks 1

On 1/19/2020 at 3:09 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

CF-Duece Irvin- graduated

2nd pithcher ended up being Gus Witt because he was performing better- Graduated

So prove me wrong

CF, catcher, SS-Pitcher, 3rd baseman and DH all graduated. They were the top 5 in the lineup also.

Don't have to prove nothing your just an outside hater.

Adkins was the CF player, and they return their top 2 pitchers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Actually Argyle has 3 D-1 commitments already......they left off Hogeboom committed to UH.  And then there's at least 2 others with some offers that are not committed.  You don't go 77-1-1 for two seasons without having some talent coming back.  I think Argyle has 11 players returning this season.  They won't be the powerhouse they have been the past two seasons, but plenty experienced and well-coached in a very successful program for 4A.  Typically, they play 5A and 6A only in predistrict and should lose some of those games early this season......so their record will "look" much worse than they really are in their classification.  I personally think they will make it back to the final four. I also agree that Spring Hill and PG will be a tough out.....only one will make it to state.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Coaches Poll

THSBCA - thsbca.com

I think that’s a pretty accurate poll. To me until somebody beats Argyle they’re number one. That being said, Kilgore looked really good against Malakoff. They’re not going to score as many runs as last year, but their pitching is going to be much better and deeper.  Should be another fun year.

2 hours ago, broncbuster11 said:

I think that’s a pretty accurate poll. To me until somebody beats Argyle they’re number one. That being said, Kilgore looked really good against Malakoff. They’re not going to score as many runs as last year, but their pitching is going to be much better and deeper.  Should be another fun year.

The only thing I see is PG not being ranked. I think they have like 8 returning starters.

4 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

The only thing I see is PG not being ranked. I think they have like 8 returning starters.

Gonna be some sparks flying after the PG/Carthage game today.  Heard there was a nasty collision at the plate and the Carthage catcher went to the ER with concussion type symptoms.

• Thumbs Down 1

Elysian Fields should make a big run, they have 3 college pitchers, Ramsey and Gooch already committed to colleges and Illingworth has opportunities in both baseball and football, he is just a JR.   Return catcher, 3rd, short, 2nd, and outfield.  they have plenty of guys to play 1st, Ramsey included.

In 3A when you have those kinds of arms, no excuses not making a run.  But, you got to play the games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Gonna be some sparks flying after the PG/Carthage game today.  Heard there was a nasty collision at the plate and the Carthage catcher went to the ER with concussion type symptoms.

Never known PG to play dirty but I didn't see the play either. Hope the catcher is not seriously hurt.