Pre-Season Baseball Poll

Jrock123

5 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

Kilgore may not live up to the hype.   I don’t see them playing deep with 1 pitcher that has yet to pitch.    Is he hurt?

Yeah Kilgore is definitely gonna have to establish another pitcher behind Hampton. They have one in Johnson he pitched really well last season. 

Hampton finally pitched against Denison and he was dominant he pitched 5 innings had 13 k's, gave up 3 hits and 1 walk. Kilgore had 3 errors against Denison in which they cost Kilgore a run. 

6 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

Kilgore may not live up to the hype.   I don’t see them playing deep with 1 pitcher that has yet to pitch.    Is he hurt?

The whole point of these tournaments are to find some depth and that’s exactly what they’ve done. Adkins and Mcelyea both pitched complete games and picked up wins. The sophomore lefty has pitched really well and you know what you’ve got with Johnson and Hampton. I’d say that’s just the opposite of what you’re saying. That’s 5 solid pitchers on a 4a team that went to Austin last year.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, broncbuster11 said:

The whole point of these tournaments are to find some depth and that’s exactly what they’ve done. Adkins and Mcelyea both pitched complete games and picked up wins. The sophomore lefty has pitched really well and you know what you’ve got with Johnson and Hampton. I’d say that’s just the opposite of what you’re saying. That’s 5 solid pitchers on a 4a team that went to Austin last year.

I think Lafitte has it under control.  No need to worry.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

Y’all got a dang good team this year. ND might make a run at the State tournament. They have depth at pitching. 

Thanks! Yea, good group of young men/players. I hope they can reach their potential, which is pretty high. Still a lot of season left...we'll see. 

I think they're the frontrunner to win their District...and should win it imo. 

Sadly, I think the 2020 HS baseball season is done. With many ISDs now closed until at least Apr 24 and very few district games already played.. with playoffs usually scheduled to start early May the outlook is grim.

I'm hopeful baseball can be completed but with that date of no activity until May 4th will make it difficult. Perhaps if each district only plays each team once instead of twice and instead of each round of playoffs taking a week, play only 1 game series 2 times a week. With that baseball playoffs go from 6 weeks to 3-4 weeks.

• Like 2