ETx team of the decade......

Eagleborn

3 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Oh, I thought this was a whole decade discussion.

Definitely 2017 and this past season, 2019, they were really good. 
2010 was an awesome team too.

That would be program. We already have one of those threads floating around. 

20 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

All already mentioned: 2018 Longview, 2017 Carthage, 2014 Gilmer. 

Don’t sleep on that 2014 Gilmer team. They put up insane numbers.

Most surprising team to win a state title: 2016 Carthage. I still don’t know how those boys won all those games. Very fun team.

I loved that never say die 2016 Carthage team! That may have been my favorite championship, because we weren’t expected at all to win state that year. Those boys played their hearts out. 

Ask Henderson!!!! Hahahaha!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

All already mentioned: 2018 Longview, 2017 Carthage, 2014 Gilmer. 

Don’t sleep on that 2014 Gilmer team. They put up insane numbers.

Most surprising team to win a state title: 2016 Carthage. I still don’t know how those boys won all those games. Very fun team.

A lot of good players on that team but Kris Boyd was a man amongst boys. Always thought he would play on Sundays like he is.

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I honestly think our 2014 team would of beat them 

No. Hell no!! I really enjoyed watching that 2014 Gilmer team. Went and watched them 3 times. 

But there has never been a small school with a team like Carthage had in 2017. Elite everywhere. Mykel Gates and Ahmad Brown at LB were both 6’ 225-230, playing like they had kids to feed. That was the most complete small school team I have ever seen. Even in the Gilmer game they were down 28-13 I think at half and won 48-28. Who does that? That was a decent Gilmer team too. I have never seen a team that could do all the things they did. That playoff run was insane. What they did against Silsbee in the 1st half should be illegal. Set offensive records in the championship game. 

Only place Gilmer might have had an advantage was at QB. Just cause y’alls kid was a senior. That’s it. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

I agree 2017 would have won 5a probably beats Highland Park def beats Aledo/College station by 21. 

They wouldn’t have beat HP or Manvel, but I truly believe they would’ve smoked Aledo or CS. I watched all those games. 

And please PG fans don’t mention PG. That would’ve been an absolute slaughter.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

No. Hell no!! I really enjoyed watching that 2014 Gilmer team. Went and watched them 3 times. 

But there has never been a small school with a team like Carthage had in 2017. Elite everywhere. Mykel Gates and Ahmad Brown at LB were both 6’ 225-230, playing like they had kids to feed. That was the most complete small school team I have ever seen. Even in the Gilmer game they were down 28-13 I think at half and won 48-28. I mean who does that? That was a decent Gilmer team too. I have never seen a team that could do all the things they did. That playoff run was insane. What they did against Silsbee in the 1st half should be illegal. Set offensive records in the championship game. 

Only place Gilmer might have had an advantage was at QB. Just cause y’all kid was a senior. That’s it. 

Kennedale looked like Chapel Hill no contest and they're still recovering from that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

They wouldn’t have beat HP or Manvel, but I truly believe they would’ve smoked Aledo or CS. I watched all those games. 

And please PG fans don’t mention PG. That would’ve been an absolute slaughter.

Oh i agree thats why I said would be a good game. 5a D2 wouldnt have a prayer . PG would been beaten worse than kennedale

• Like 1