ETx team of the decade......

Eagleborn

47 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

No way, our defense was too awesome with those linebackers and DB’s. That Gilmer O would’ve been slowed WAY down.

D-Line was good too. 

Carthage rattles off 35 unanswered against a pretty good Bucks team that went 10-3. Did it in the 2nd half. That team pounded good teams. Only hiccup game was LE for whatever reason. 

18 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

No. Hell no!! I really enjoyed watching that 2014 Gilmer team. Went and watched them 3 times. 

But there has never been a small school with a team like Carthage had in 2017. Elite everywhere. Mykel Gates and Ahmad Brown at LB were both 6’ 225-230, playing like they had kids to feed. That was the most complete small school team I have ever seen. Even in the Gilmer game they were down 28-13 I think at half and won 48-28. I mean who does that? That was a decent Gilmer team too. I have never seen a team that could do all the things they did. That playoff run was insane. What they did against Silsbee in the 1st half should be illegal. Set offensive records in the championship game. 

Only place Gilmer might have had an advantage was at QB. Just cause y’alls kid was a senior. That’s it. 

Great post, spot on, 100%!

15 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

You are joking, I’m dead serious. 

That was most likely the very best linebacker corp to ever play at the 4A level. They were elite.

The DB unit, awesome. The DL, awesome.

We haven’t even talked about the offensive juggernaut yet. 

‘17 Carthage was the best 4A team ever.

• LOL! 1
  • Stinks 1

4 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

That was most likely the very best linebacker corp to ever play at the 4A level. They were elite.

The DB unit, awesome. The DL, awesome.

We haven’t even talked about the offensive juggernaut yet. 

‘17 Carthage was the best 4A team ever.

Most definitely they really should make a movie or a documentary about them . Worse than Dallas Carter in the 80s. 

• Like 1

Just now, BuckNut said:

Gilmer dropped a TD pass to potentially go up 35 to 13.  If Gilmer would have scored then that greatest team ever would have shut it down.

Hahaha!! Yea right. Carthage wasn’t getting beat that year, period. Carthage made Gilmer look like a pee wee team in the 2nd half. Shut them out and held them to like 80 yards or something. Domination. 

39 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

And the better offense and more impact athletes imo..... but Carthage had the better defense. 

I think that’s up for debate. I know how many points Gilmer scored and the kids they had, but I would take Carthage’s offense. I think Carthage had the better O-Line, better WR corps as a whole, and Keaontay. Defense wasn’t close. Gilmer played a weak schedule, and gave up the same amount of points as Carthage over 16 games.