UIL Realignment 2019-21

Panther89

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Dave Campbells put an update out. They project Carthage to go district 6 region 2 with bullard, brownsboro, van, wills point, canton. 

They have district 5 as north Lamar, PG, LE, gilmer, pitt, SH

Wow, long drive for the WP-Carthage game. Personally I wouldn't mind this at all. Gotta wonder what WP, Canton, BB and Bullard are thinking though.

1 hour ago, Vandalman said:

Wow, long drive for the WP-Carthage game. Personally I wouldn't mind this at all. Gotta wonder what WP, Canton, BB and Bullard are thinking though.

I'm sure they are pretty disappointed.  They would have been just with Van. Adding Carthage in is like a punch in the stomach 

Going through the DCTF archives and doing some old UIL realignments...fascinating to see old schools that no longer exist, schools that are now huge that were once tiny, and some of the really quirky districts the UIL put together.....

I'll be doing this during the off-season....first up is the 1960-1961 alignments

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 1:24 PM, frozeng03 said:

This one make more sense for region 2 but UIL making the final call. Opinion 1 our district will be the new district of doom for 3A!

Dist 10 will still be district of doom for 3ad1... Lorena, cameron, rockdale, lago vista, llano, troy, and caldwell in the last opinion but the first opinion give me dist 5 with grandview brock whitney and west

On 12/31/2019 at 10:43 AM, dillonpanthers said:

Dave Campbells put an update out. They project Carthage to go district 6 region 2 with bullard, brownsboro, van, wills point, canton. 

They have district 5 as north Lamar, PG, LE, gilmer, pitt, SH

Hot knife through butter for Carthage! I am curious how accurate DCTF predictions compare to past re-alignments. I have never found what the parameters are that the UIL uses once they have the enrollment numbers.

Guest Tiger03lb

The revised option 1 districts that stand out would be 4, 8, 10, 13, and 14. There will be some tough districts other than those. I think region 2 will be the toughest region possible holding 6-8 top 10 teams, 3/4 of those teams being in the top 5 for sure. if that were to come to light. 

Region II is either going to decrease is size by about 5-6 teams or there is going to be some pull from a region III in some shape or form.  The likes of Grandview and such make sense as they were is region II not all that long ago.