UIL Realignment 2019-21

Panther89

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/4/2020 at 12:24 PM, Champ1000 said:

Kinda of a dumb question but I take it they didn't play every team like in college ? Non District was out of the question I assume. 

No. Districts with 12 or more teams were divided into two zones.Teams only played those in their zone for district games. The winners of each zone played for the District Championship the week before Bi-District.

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2020 at 12:25 PM, Champ1000 said:

Yes District Champion was the only playoff team. In theory a 9-1 team could miss the playoffs.

I was about to say that...I remember hearing of some GREAT teams that yep, never made the playoffs. Pure suckage...the reverse of now where everyone's a winner.

• LOL! 1

On 1/4/2020 at 7:30 PM, MattStepp said:

1968-1969 realignment

when you look at some of these giant (13 & 14 teams) districts...you could have possibly had 3 teams be 10-0 and I bet it would have caused chaos at playoff time breaking that tie by points or first downs, etc to even get 2 teams from the district. 

55 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

I was about to say that...I remember hearing of some GREAT teams that yep, never made the playoffs. Pure suckage...the reverse of now where everyone's a winner.

West Hardin went 18-2 over a 2 year stretch during the late 50's or early 60's and never made the playoffs........

1 hour ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

when you look at some of these giant (13 & 14 teams) districts...you could have possibly had 3 teams be 10-0 and I bet it would have caused chaos at playoff time breaking that tie by points or first downs, etc to even get 2 teams from the district. 

they were split into zones and last week of the season would play for the playoff spot....14 team district; 2 7 team zones..play 3 non-district games...play your six zone games...last week of the season Zone A Winner plays Zone B winner for the playoff spot

2 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

they were split into zones and last week of the season would play for the playoff spot....14 team district; 2 7 team zones..play 3 non-district games...play your six zone games...last week of the season Zone A Winner plays Zone B winner for the playoff spot

Kinda like a playoff game within itself. I wonder how many rematches happened. 

In 1980 our district played a double round robin schedule.......Colmesneil beat High Island at home and lost to them on the road......Both finished 9-1......flipped for first.......Colmesneil went two rounds while High Island sat at home......lol.....