UIL Realignment 2019-21

Panther89

28 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

Seeing that HO is in all of these is a shock to be honest. All, but oneĀ 

I still am struggling to see the reality of that happening tbh. I think they'll complain big time about it if it happens. But I guess stranger things have happened.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/14/2020 at 9:16 AM, LoboFan07 said:

I think every single scenario possible is already out there to be honest.

Longview/John Tyler could go north with Sherman, McKinney North, Wylie East and West Mesquite.

Longview/John Tyler could be with West Mesquite, Highland Park, Lancaster and Red Oak.

Longview/John Tyler could be with West Mesquite, Highland Park, Lancaster, Red Oak and Midlothian.

Longview/John Tyler could be with Highland Park, Lancaster, Red Oak, Midlothian, Mansfield Summit and Mansfield Timberview.

Maybe they even do a Longview/John Tyler with Wylie East, West Mesquite, Lancaster, Red Oak and Highland Park.

It'll be a mixture, somewhat, of all of these teams. But obviously Longview and John Tyler will be together.

I am hearing more and more rumblings of Longview and JT going south with Lufkin.....dont' totally dismiss it as a possibility here

18 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I am hearing more and more rumblings of Longview and JT going south with Lufkin.....dont' totally dismiss it as a possibility here

With Houston schools? That would be outrageous. Wow.

19 minutes ago, AKA said:

Soooo...Ā  for those of us who aren't as into this stuff, what might such a district look like?Ā 

Uil doesn't own a map so expect long trips in District.Ā 

I remember Mount Enterprise playing high island in District. Sulphur Springs and Mount pleasant in separate districts and Gilmer going passed what would been logical District teams to play Nevada community. I believe the uil uses the inNY minny mighty moe methodĀ 

23 minutes ago, AKA said:

Soooo...Ā  for those of us who aren't as into this stuff, what might such a district look like?Ā 

My guess

Longview

John TylerĀ 

Lufkin

College Station

MagnoliaĀ 

Magnolia West

New Caney

New Caney Porter

Ā 

Maybe Caney Creek gets thrown in as a 9th??Ā 

• Thanks 1

Remember whats happening in West Texas has major impacts down the line in realignment....if West Texas is split into two districts that could really condense things in DFW and it may cause domino effects which force Longview and John Tyler out...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Could just be rumor but there's been a lot of talk about it so someone down the line heard some chatter that it could be a possibility....

Iā€™m not going to say Iā€™m shocked. East Texas lager schools are become like West Texas. Traveling will start being a thing for us where we like it or not.

1 hour ago, cujoforlife said:

Iā€™m not going to say Iā€™m shocked. East Texas lager schools are become like West Texas. Traveling will start being a thing for us where we like it or not.

Agree....distances aren't quite as vast as out west but 5A-D1 and above is pretty slim pickings east of Rockwall...

Like I said for Longview and JT going to the northern burbs of Houston would be very little difference in drive than going to McKinney, Sherman, Wylie etc....

18 hours ago, MattStepp said:

My guess

Longview
John TylerĀ 
Lufkin
College Station
MagnoliaĀ 
Magnolia West
New Caney
New Caney Porter

Wow, that's certainly...Ā  Ā something.Ā  Ā Ā šŸ˜Ā 

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

Agree....distances aren't quite as vast as out west but 5A-D1 and above is pretty slim pickings east of Rockwall...

Like I said for Longview and JT going to the northern burbs of Houston would be very little difference in drive than going to McKinney, Sherman, Wylie etc....

Just adding a extra hour to the drive. Weā€™re Ā not the only one that will affected by this.

20 hours ago, MattStepp said:

My guess

Longview

John TylerĀ 

Lufkin

College Station

MagnoliaĀ 

Magnolia West

New Caney

New Caney Porter

Ā 

Would this be your prediction for how things are going to go as of now??

11 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Would this be your prediction for how things are going to go as of now??

with the news from El Paso I'd have to sit down and do an entirely new alignment to do a prediction...my thought above was just me spit-balling it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MattStepp said:

I'm a have to disagree.Ā 

Reason why I was always against pre-split in top two classes.

Peeps wanting 'fairness' but never stopped to think about the travel.

Longview to Houston for a district game is pretty damn insane. Dallas is nothingĀ but Houston? Look man I have a B.S. in Geography, I can easily come help them figure this stuff out without making it rocket science lol

• LOL! 1