UIL Realignment 2019-21

Panther89

Matt - I'm really enjoying looking through these old alignments. I attended a class B school (later class A) that didn't play football and I would love to see the basketball district alignments for class B/A if you have them. I'm really only interested in the period from about 1968 to 1988. Please let us know if you're able to add/post them. Thanks!

• Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/30/2020 at 11:10 AM, Atari2000 said:

Matt - I'm really enjoying looking through these old alignments. I attended a class B school (later class A) that didn't play football and I would love to see the basketball district alignments for class B/A if you have them. I'm really only interested in the period from about 1968 to 1988. Please let us know if you're able to add/post them. Thanks!

I dont have any basketball alignments

For someone who travels to Waller, Magnolia, College Station, Conroe for games, your not getting better traffic and there isn't a direct route to Waller or Magnolia.  You Google it from Longview or Tyler it's closer to 4 hours one way and you better hope the traffic isn't bad.  Those areas are growing down that way and it will not be adding 45 minutes to an hour over DFW to your trip, it will be 1 1/2 - 2 hours.  It's 2 hours plus from Lufkin to Waller or Magnolia.  With one of the El Paso teams opting up to form a 4 team 5A DI District, Abilene Cooper can now slide over to the DFW in a District. That will keep Longview and JT from sliding South.   

5e3663856f183.image.jpg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PackAttack said:

For someone who travels to Waller, Magnolia, College Station, Conroe for games, your not getting better traffic and there isn't a direct route to Waller or Magnolia.  You Google it from Longview or Tyler it's closer to 4 hours one way and you better hope the traffic isn't bad.  Those areas are growing down that way and it will not be adding 45 minutes to an hour over DFW to your trip, it will be 1 1/2 - 2 hours.  It's 2 hours plus from Lufkin to Waller or Magnolia.  With one of the El Paso teams opting up to form a 4 team 5A DI District, Abilene Cooper can now slide over to the DFW in a District. That will keep Longview and JT from sliding South.   

Driving to college station this year was a pain. Having to cut through madisonville and not be able to hit 70 or more made the drive longer. Using hwy 6 wasn’t any faster.

On 1/27/2020 at 1:16 PM, Spothhb2 said:

Below is what the Dallas Morning News is predicting:

7-5A: Denison, Frisco, Frisco Lebanon Trail, Frisco Liberty, Frisco Memorial, Lake Dallas, Lovejoy, Princeton, Prosper Rock Hill

8-5A: Carrollton Creekview, Crandall, Forney, Greenville, Mesquite Poteet, North Forney, Royse City

They don't list any East Texas teams but I know some of you have speculated about where some of the above may land.

So if the above happens it would leave the following.

9-5a: Sulphur Springs, Texas High, Mt Pleasant, Marshall, Pine Tree, Hallsville, Jacksonville, Whitehouse, Nacogodches-9 team distirct

9 hours ago, PackAttack said:

5e3663856f183.image.jpg

Not according to Matt Stepp. I don't know what he was thinking. Adding 45 minutes is not realistic. 

3 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Ive always thought it was dumb not to honestly.

I mean.... when you think about a school with 1200ish (SUlphur Springs) playing a school like Longview (2200ish).... for baseball, softball, soccer, etc.... you'd think it would send up some red flags.

Lindale is dropping down at a perfect time.

2 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

I definitely wouldn't like them justifying a way to send JT and LV south like that. That then opens the door for Nac to head that way too!! I want no part of those drives!!

It would be for East Texas 5A Div I football only.... 

JT and Longview will be in an all East Texas district for all the other sports....

I'm guessing non football districts will look something like this:

South District Marshall, Hallsville, Pine Tree, Longview, John Tyler, Jacksonville, Whitehouse, Nacogdoches, Lufkin, Nacogdoches

North District:  Texas High, Mount Pleasant, Sulphur Springs, Royse City, Greenville, Forney, North Forney.... the other I-30 Corridor schools.... can't recall them at the top of my head.

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

I mean.... when you think about a school with 1200ish (SUlphur Springs) playing a school like Longview (2200ish).... for baseball, softball, soccer, etc.... you'd think it would send up some red flags.

Lindale is dropping down at a perfect time.

It’s the same way when a school like Pewitt or Harleton has to do basketball and etc. with schools like Atlanta, Tatum, and Gladewater.

2 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

I definitely wouldn't like them justifying a way to send JT and LV south like that. That then opens the door for Nac to head that way too!! I want no part of those drives!!

Nac is closer to north east Texas than Lufkin. I would think it was hard to send them south, but do I know.