The Smoakhouse Forums

Old UIL Realignments

Going through the DCTF archives and doing some old UIL realignments...fascinating to see old schools that no longer exist, schools that are now huge that were once tiny, and some of the really quirky districts the UIL put together.....

I'll be doing this during the off-season....first up is the 1960-1961 alignments

• Like 1
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

9-0-1 teams had missed playoffs in the past. One example: Plano tied #1 Sherman in '77, 14-14. Sherman 9-0-1 stayed home and Plano won state.

Going through the DCTF archives and doing some old UIL realignments...fascinating to see old schools that no longer exist, schools that are now huge that were once tiny, and some of the really quirky

Makes you appreciate G. A. Moore win total at Celina and Pilot Point .

12 teams in district one wow

2 hours ago, MattStepp said:

there were 14 in some

I remember some use to have a district championship from the winner of either district?

15 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

I remember some use to have a district championship from the winner of either district?

Yes District Champion was the only playoff team. In theory a 9-1 team could miss the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

Yes District Champion was the only playoff team. In theory a 9-1 team could miss the playoffs.

Makes you appreciate G. A. Moore win total at Celina and Pilot Point .

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

Did the winner from both sides have to play each other in a championship game to see who got in? If it was a 12 team district?

1 minute ago, cujoforlife said:

Did the winner from both sides have to play each other in a championship game to see who got in? If it was a 12 team district?

I believe they did

1 minute ago, MattStepp said:

I believe they did

Cool. I remember Fort Worth having a district like that back in the 90’s

2 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

San Antonio had one 4-6 years ago

That I didn’t know.

On 1/4/2020 at 12:24 PM, Champ1000 said:

Kinda of a dumb question but I take it they didn't play every team like in college ? Non District was out of the question I assume. 

No. Districts with 12 or more teams were divided into two zones.Teams only played those in their zone for district games. The winners of each zone played for the District Championship the week before Bi-District.

• Thanks 1