The Smoakhouse Forums

Old UIL Realignments

I wonder how many schools out there have managed to stay in the same UIL class since they’ve opened or for the really old schools, since UIL first became a thing and had classifications. (Whenever UIL adds a class, doesn’t count as a change) so for example, a school that stays in 3A up until 1980,  goes up to 4A then, and sticks around until going to 5A in 2014 due to UIL adding classes both those years listed.

The most steady East Texas school I can think of off the top of my head appears to be Tyler Lee who’s in the largest class in every old realignment posted thus far and as far as I know hasn’t once dropped down since then and now.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

9-0-1 teams had missed playoffs in the past. One example: Plano tied #1 Sherman in '77, 14-14. Sherman 9-0-1 stayed home and Plano won state.

Going through the DCTF archives and doing some old UIL realignments...fascinating to see old schools that no longer exist, schools that are now huge that were once tiny, and some of the really quirky

Makes you appreciate G. A. Moore win total at Celina and Pilot Point .

15 hours ago, mTex said:

I wonder how many schools out there have managed to stay in the same UIL class since they’ve opened or for the really old schools, since UIL first became a thing and had classifications. (Whenever UIL adds a class, doesn’t count as a change) so for example, a school that stays in 3A up until 1980,  goes up to 4A then, and sticks around until going to 5A in 2014 due to UIL adding classes both those years listed.

The most steady East Texas school I can think of off the top of my head appears to be Tyler Lee who’s in the largest class in every old realignment posted thus far and as far as I know hasn’t once dropped down since then and now.

Definitely would be interesting to see if anyone has stayed in the top level their entire history.

Abilene would be my best guess for that.

Tyler Lee's first two seasons (1958 & 1959) were in 3A, but they've been in the top level ever since 1960.

Matt - I'm really enjoying looking through these old alignments. I attended a class B school (later class A) that didn't play football and I would love to see the basketball district alignments for class B/A if you have them. I'm really only interested in the period from about 1968 to 1988. Please let us know if you're able to add/post them. Thanks!

• Like 1

Just 4 days until the chaos begins.

• Like 1

What time on Monday will everything pop off?

On 1/30/2020 at 11:10 AM, Atari2000 said:

Matt - I'm really enjoying looking through these old alignments. I attended a class B school (later class A) that didn't play football and I would love to see the basketball district alignments for class B/A if you have them. I'm really only interested in the period from about 1968 to 1988. Please let us know if you're able to add/post them. Thanks!

I dont have any basketball alignments

9 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

9 AM.....

Okay cool

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...