16' regional finals yoe/koff

15' area round yoe from a comeback win against koff

16' teague/koff regular season rival game

15 hours ago, ANTI said:

Top 3 for Longview:

2014 playoff comeback vs rival Lufkin

2017 4th round game vs rival Lufkin

2018 state game vs Westbrook

Obviously the State game is #1 among Longview fans, but that 2017 game against Lufkin at SFA is by far my #1. The back and forth nature of it, with the final tally coming in the last minute. Just unreal drama.

A few games that come to mind that I have personally seen:

1. Cameron Yoe/Newton - 2012

This game featured what I felt was Cameron's most complete team of the decade versus a loaded Newton squad. 

Others

Cameron/Daingerfield (2010)

Cameron/Tatum (2010) 

Cameron/White Oak (2013)

Cameron/Malakoff (2016)

• Like 1

Franklin vs Yoe 2016 and 17

Franklin vs Rockdale 16 and 17

Franklin vs East Bernard 15 semi final defensive game final 10 - 7

Franklin vs Waskom 15 state game

Franklin vs Lexington 2013 district and regional semi

Franklin vs Grandview 2018 3rd round franklin onside kick recovered after goin 9 yards instead of 10 and grandview takes a knee to win 24 to 21

I have a few ...

JAX vs Nac... October 2010. 12 OTs, longest HS game in history. My bladder will never be the same 😳 game over at 12:50am with JAX winning 84-81. The game was a bit of a farce because of the point system. People were literally asleep in the stands.

THAT leads me to the 2014 game with Nacogdoches and Jacksonville playing at Tomato Bowl. FIVE overtimes, legit GAME, Jacksonville wins 85-79. 

I recognize there was ZERO defense in those games.

I was at the Gilmer-Gladewater game in 2014 at Lobo Stadium. wow! 

Also, hard to top the Longview state championship game in 2017....was there for that one, too, and it was the LOUDEST CROWD I’ve ever heard at a HS game. I was at the 1977 state championship game Plano vs PN Groves with national record 49,000+ at Texas Stadium and it still wasn’t as loud as the Longview game in 2017. Incredible. 

• Like 1

My East Tx games viewed are limited but my favorites are:

5. Yoe v Gilmer 1981 State Championship

4. Yoe v Tatum 2010 Quarter

3. Yoe v Newton 2012 Semi

2. Yoe v Daingerfield 2010 State Championship

1. Yoe v Newton 1981 Semi - 21 to 21. Yoe advanced on penetrations. Newton also had the best running back i'd ever seen. Anthony Byerly.

I believe 2010 had the best combined talent in 2A (now 3A)  history with Yoe, Daingerfield and Tatum

2012 JT vs Whitehouse, AKA Pat Mahomes vs Greg Ward, nuf said. 
2016 John Tyler Vs Lufkin Bi District Game 50-49 crazy game!! 
2017 Lufkin Vs Longview Playoff Game, By far the best playoff game I went too of this past decade. 
2018 John Tyler Vs Mesquite Poteet, Hail Mary ESPN YOU GOT MOSSED game winner was a classic too. 

5 hours ago, CMat79 said:

My East Tx games viewed are limited but my favorites are:

5. Yoe v Gilmer 1981 State Championship

4. Yoe v Tatum 2010 Quarter

3. Yoe v Newton 2012 Semi

2. Yoe v Daingerfield 2010 State Championship

1. Yoe v Newton 1981 Semi - 21 to 21. Yoe advanced on penetrations. Newton also had the best running back i'd ever seen. Anthony Byerly.

I believe 2010 had the best combined talent in 2A (now 3A)  history with Yoe, Daingerfield and Tatum

I can certainly agree with that last statement.  Daingerfield, Cameron & Tatum were all extremely talented groups.  With regards to Tatum's group in 2010, I have seen lesser teams win state in this division the past decade.  

On 1/5/2020 at 12:44 PM, Yoe09 said:

I can certainly agree with that last statement.  Daingerfield, Cameron & Tatum were all extremely talented groups.  With regards to Tatum's group in 2010, I have seen lesser teams win state in this division the past decade.  

Seen a lot of great games. Be hard to pick one.