2019-20 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

MP Chapel Hill loses athletes the same way Nac does to Woden, Martinsville, Central Heights, Etoile and Douglas. They start out going to those schools so it doesn't show up in a transfer. Those schools don't play football, but the kids would if they are at a school with football.

I do find it interesting to see Nacs enrollment down 70ish students. I don't see the 5A floor being above 1200 students. I don't think the UIL is going to Move that many 5a teams down and add even more 4a schools to ET. 

• LOL! 1

I think I will be making the trip to Wylie East tomorrow evening. I really do not know much about either team this year. Last year MP bested Wylie East 56-42. Was a good game. I sure hope for another good game. 

• Like 2

Was at Rose Stadium tonight. 

Eagle Defense was tough.  Hard to tell if it was all Lindale or if Kaufman’s offense was just that terrible.  

Eagle offense was efficient. 

Good win.  See y’all in 4 weeks!

9-5A had a mixed bag for week 1, going (4-4) for the week. 

My random thoughts:  

1.  Marshall’s 4 turnovers Vs Lee were the story of the game. 2 gift wrapped fumbles inside their own 25 gifted Lee 14 points.  The other 2 turnovers took points away from the Mavs.  Can’t do that. Was ugly. Disappointing.   With Longview and Carthage is next..... 0-3 seems inevitable.   

2.   Pine Tree scoring in bushels again this season it seems. Still gave up a lot.  But the Pirates should be feeling pretty good after one week. 

3.  Hallsville best up Terrell pretty good. Maybe the Bobcats have been overlooked by the prognosticators.  

4. Nac’s offense struggled against Kilgore.  Not going to get any easier with Lufkin coming to town.  Dragons getting their sea legs with  a new staff. Will be interesting to see how quickly or slowly it happens. 

5.  Lindale made Kaufman look silly.  Eagles look like they mean business and are serious about contending for a district title. 

6. Did I see this correctly?  Jacksonville had 16 total yards Vs Carthage.   Ouch. Indians could be in for a long year. 

7. Whitehouse got shut out by Henderson.  Would have to do some research to see the last time WH was scoreless in a game. It’s been a while. 

8. Mount Pleasant with the big win over Wylie.  Congrats to the Tigers. Everyone better keep an eye on them. 

————

I will peak in on the other 5As in East Texas in a bit. 

BC09ECF2-C597-413D-8ED2-E4A2F47DEF19.jpeg

East Texas 5A D1 had a rough night  

Texas High Lost 21-7 to Hendrickson 

John Tyler Lost 39-17 to Mesquite Horn

Lufkin lost 24-21 to Longview  

——-

LP has to feel good about things considering it was a loss.   Played Lgv tough.  

Didn’t expect JT to lose like that. 

Texas High’s offensive struggles continue.  

The other 5A D2 district

Royse City beat Frisco Centennial 28-7

Sulphur Springs got blasted by Frisco Wakeland 53-17

Greenville lost a heartbreaker 37-38 to Dallas White. 

Corsicana lost 34-22

Ennis beat Waxahachie 21-13. 

———-

Overall.... pretty rough week for East Texas 5A tbh. 

The few that won best teams that were.... less than stellar it seems. 

Others lost when they probably shouldn’t have. 

Some were downright ugly. 

Rough night.  

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

9-5A had a mixed bag for week 1, going (4-4) for the week. 

My random thoughts:  

1.  Marshall’s 4 turnovers Vs Lee were the story of the game. 2 gift wrapped fumbles inside their own 25 gifted Lee 14 points.  The other 2 turnovers took points away from the Mavs.  Can’t do that. Was ugly. Disappointing.   With Longview and Carthage is next..... 0-3 seems inevitable.   

2.   Pine Tree scoring in bushels again this season it seems. Still gave up a lot.  But the Pirates should be feeling pretty good after one week. 

3.  Hallsville best up Terrell pretty good. Maybe the Bobcats have been overlooked by the prognosticators.  

4. Nac’s offense struggled against Kilgore.  Not going to get any easier with Lufkin coming to town.  Dragons getting their sea legs with  a new staff. Will be interesting to see how quickly or slowly it happens. 

5.  Lindale made Kaufman look silly.  Eagles look like they mean business and are serious about contending for a district title. 

6. Did I see this correctly?  Jacksonville had 16 total yards Vs Carthage.   Ouch. Indians could be in for a long year. 

7. Whitehouse got shut out by Henderson.  Would have to do some research to see the last time WH was scoreless in a game. It’s been a while. 

8. Mount Pleasant with the big win over Wylie.  Congrats to the Tigers. Everyone better keep an eye on them. 

————

I will peak in on the other 5As in East Texas in a bit. 

BC09ECF2-C597-413D-8ED2-E4A2F47DEF19.jpeg

Nac is heading for 0-3 in non district as well. Very disappointed in our start for sure, didn’t expect a blow out win but a better performance from our Oline and senior QB. OLine is huge and has a senior D1 prospect, we got beat and pushed around on almost every snap. I expect some growing pains but we better grow fast!!!

• Mr. P changed the title to 2019-20 East Texas 5A Sports Thread