2019-20 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

2 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

Yeah wasn't paying attention to Huntsville, I don't think of east Texas when I think Huntsville. I think of them as Bryan college st or Houston. 

They are close to trinity and Livingston. That’s east Texas. Definitely on the line for east Texas 

I was going to wait until the first week of district for everyone to do this, but there isn't much to discuss this week for the Panthers. So, here are the current predictions in Region 2 for the playoffs teams in 5A D1.

W5. LONE STAR VS F6. WILSON

R8. MAGNOLIA WEST VS T7. SHERMAN

W6. HIGHLAND PARK VS F5. WAKELAND

R7. TEXAS HIGH VS T8. MAGNOLIA 

W7. MCKINNEY NORTH VS F8. CANEY CREEK

R6. LANCASTER VS T5. INDEPENDENCE 

W8. LUFKIN VS F7. JOHN TYLER

R5. THE COLONY VS T6. SAMUELL

And yea, I know a few of these teams aren't making the playoffs like Caney Creek. These are still the current predictions....at least I think. MaxPreps isn't always accurate....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pack007 said:

I was going to wait until the first week of district for everyone to do this, but there isn't much to discuss this week for the Panthers. So, here are the current predictions in Region 2 for the playoffs teams in 5A D1.

W5. LONE STAR VS F6. WILSON

R8. MAGNOLIA WEST VS T7. SHERMAN

W6. HIGHLAND PARK VS F5. WAKELAND

R7. TEXAS HIGH VS T8. MAGNOLIA 

W7. MCKINNEY NORTH VS F8. CANEY CREEK

R6. LANCASTER VS T5. INDEPENDENCE 

W8. LUFKIN VS F7. JOHN TYLER

R5. THE COLONY VS T6. SAMUELL

And yea, I know a few of these teams aren't making the playoffs like Caney Creek. These are still the current predictions....at least I think. MaxPreps isn't always accurate....

I hate that the uil ensures the east Texas districts play each other early!! The best football region in the state has the toughest road year after year. 2a-6a!! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

I hate that the uil ensures the east Texas districts play each other early!! The best football region in the state has the toughest road year after year. 2a-6a!! 

Yep, but if JT and the Pack both win district, we won’t have to play early. If it happens and both teams do what’s expected, It should be the third round. I rather it’s the 4th though, similar to us and Longview in 2017. The winner going to the semis and a few wins from state. Just don’t expect it. HP heavy favorites this season

3 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Yep, but if JT and the Pack both win district, we won’t have to play early. If it happens and both teams do what’s expected, It should be the third round. I rather it’s the 4th though, similar to us and Longview in 2017. The winner going to the semis and a few wins from state. Just don’t expect it. HP heavy favorites this season

This is true, but they make sure HP has an as easy road as possible. Not to mention people playing them at the star

• Like 1

9-5A didn't fair particularly well in the non-district part of the schedule.

Nac finishes their Non-District slate tonight before joining most of the district in the bye week next week.

Mt Pleasant is the only district team off this week and hosts Paris next week. 

9-15 in non-District(assuming a Nac and MP loss in their 3rd game which is expected).

fun to talk about but it all resets in 2 weeks when we are all 0-0!!!

District went (1-5) last night.  Will likely be 1-6 after Lee takes care of Nac tonight. 

Lone win was an unimpressive Hallsville win over Bullard in OT. 

Race could be interesting. Anyone’s tithe to take. 

The clear cut favorite has returned to the pack. 

So far..... doesn’t appear anyone wants it. 

Both districts seem down this year, at least aren’t as good as last year early on. College Station did get a good win against Huntsville. But their Qb was out. I think it’s still a good win though. 

Not sure who’s the favorite to win the D2 district. The Pack should still be the favorite in our district 8 5A D1. After what i watched on Thursday, I’m guessing district 7 will either be Thigh, North or JT. Outside chance of maybe Poteet. I think we’ll see early on during the start of district who the favorite should be though. 

Enjoy the ride though guys and good luck to everyone! After tonight games, it will already be week 4..

Here are the playoff projections for this week. College station will be the only team in our district 8 5A D1 playing this week. John Tyler is out right after going 0-3 with the 42-0 lost to Longview, but I still expect them to make the playoffs. Also the top three teams from 5A D1 district 5 are 3-0. After the LS win at Highland Park, Lone Star may be the new top dog in 5A D1. 

W5. LONE STAR 3-0 VS F6. SAMUELL 1-2

R8. MAGNOLIA 2-1 VS T7. SHERMAN 2-1

W6. HIGHLAND PARK 2-1 VS F5. WAKELAND 2-1

R7. MCKINNEY NORTH 2-1 VS T8. COLLEGE STATION 1-1

W7. TEXAS HIGH 2-1 VS F8. MAGNOLIA WEST 1-2

R6. LANCASTER 2-1 VS T5. INDEPENDENCE  3-0

W8. LUFKIN 2-1 VS F7. WYLIE EAST 1-2

R5. THE COLONY 3-0 VS T6. MANS.TIMBERVIEW 1-2

• Mr. P changed the title to 2019-20 East Texas 5A Sports Thread