2019-20 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

On 11/19/2019 at 9:08 PM, THSfanatic said:

I have no idea what you know or don't know.  A couple days in Texarkana & people confiding to you about a "conspiracy" is a little hard to swallow.

Nobody here wants to be in a metroplex district.   But I said 4 years ago I thought we might be moving UP      A lot of layoffs and the explosion of PG towards open enrollment was not forseen back then.   If anybody really thinks Texarkana has the pull in UIL to manipulate what goes on......please     JUST PLEASE.     Nobody at UIL cares what Texas High wants or doesn't want

Believe what you wish,  does  not matter to me what you think.  You do know the UIL does work with school districts who feel they are under travel hardship.  That is very common in west Texas.  Perhaps that is what happened.  And trust me,  I was not told this by the hired help in TISD.  My family has very deep roots in Texarkana.  But probably enrollment just dropped.  The guys on "Leaving the yard" said L-E is down over 300 from peaking a few years ago.  AHS is way down and THS is down over 100.  PG only went up about 45 so much for open enrollment.  God,  a lot of people bailing out of that town.  Nobody said a word about "conspiracy" except you.  So they will move down so maybe the UIL does care a little bit what TH wants or doesn't want.  Anyway,  this was called last February.  You have to realize there are people that might know as much as you as to what goes on up there even if they don't live there anymore.  And by the way,  are you even from Texarkana and did you attend THS?

13 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Get my name right crackpot, SiriusDogon7 or DogonSirius7, whatever you like!  I didn't have any ice storm babies back in 2000 so the enrollment had to go up!

Well,  to me you will always be The Village Idiot.  Fits you.  Hey,  remember back in February when I said on here that THS would drop to D-2.  You said that THS numbers were on par with Longview and Tyler Lee?  You get a good one off every now and then.  SMDH

So with most of the 5a teams done in the playoffs I guess we have realignment and basketball to talk about.

So basketball:

District Favorites are Nac and LP after sharing the district title last year each team winning on the others home court. The last article is aw predicted the following top 4.

1/2.Nac

1/2.LP

3.JT

4.PT

Nac. is #25 in the Texas Hoops Top 25 to start the season. They have SFA commit 6 ft 8 in. Nana Antwi Boasiako returning. Nac started its season last night with a 72-20 demolition of Rusk.

Not sure how many others are into High school basketball but last year was pretty entertaining.

14 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Yeah.  JT is definitely a possibility.  

The honeymoon appears to be over between him and the fans. 

And his Twitter is just batshi...... crazy lmao 

hmmm...anything is possible..lol

I will say that your honeymoon statement is a little overstated. He has made some questionable decisions but he is JT alumni and many believe better yrs are coming. (I hope so)

and for the record JT has never missed the playoffs since dropping to the second highest class. Only missed the playoffs ONCE since 2007 and that was in 2017, which was JT last yr in 6a. 

3 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

So with most of the 5a teams done in the playoffs I guess we have realignment and basketball to talk about.

So basketball:

District Favorites are Nac and LP after sharing the district title last year each team winning on the others home court. The last article is aw predicted the following top 4.

1/2.Nac

1/2.LP

3.JT

4.PT

Nac. is #25 in the Texas Hoops Top 25 to start the season. They have SFA commit 6 ft 8 in. Nana Antwi Boasiako returning. Nac started its season last night with a 72-20 demolition of Rusk.

Not sure how many others are into High school basketball but last year was pretty entertaining.

JT lost its best returning basketball player (and probably their best WR too) this yr when he transferred to Tenaha. They didn't look good against Kaufman and I don't think there is much help coming from football. I hope they get 3rd or 4th but I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't make the playoffs.

4 hours ago, Slimbodine said:

......... And trust me,  I was not told this by the hired help in TISD.  ....... Nobody said a word about "conspiracy" except you.  ........

1. Not what you said in your post.

2. Yes, one can take what you said was a conspiracy by the aforementioned “hired help”.

On 11/11/2019 at 9:59 AM, Slimbodine said:

As far as Texas High dropping down to D-2.  Last February I spent a few days in Texarkana and talked with some folks I know in administration and the principle of THS.  They all told me back then there was NO WAY they were staying in that Mesquite district.  Getting back on trips at 2 and 3 in the morning had a lot of parents POed.  I remember being told "Whatever it took" to get back to east Texas.  I mentioned this on Smoaky and with some of the larger businesses having some large layoffs that they would drop to d-2.  I remember being mocked by Bordertown and that village idiot,  Sirius radio or whatever his stupid name is.  Guess what?  I was right.  This was in the works since they were placed in that district.  They may not admit to it but that is the way it was.

Refresh your memory on what you said and still awaiting a retraction on attributing something I never did.

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

hmmm...anything is possible..lol

I will say that your honeymoon statement is a little overstated. He has made some questionable decisions but he is JT alumni and many believe better yrs are coming. (I hope so)

and for the record JT has never missed the playoffs since dropping to the second highest class. Only missed the playoffs ONCE since 2007 and that was in 2017, which was JT last yr in 6a. 

I don't know why people would think Coach Holmes would leave. Yeah he said what he said out of frustration because of how the season ended. He is embedded in Tyler. His wife is an alumni. I don't think she wants to go somewhere else at this stage of her life. They are both highly paid employees in Tisd. They have it made. I really don't see them leaving. He just made a emotional statement at that time. 

18 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I'm pretty convinced it's John Tyler.

Ricklan's daughter graduating this year, they're coming off a horrendous 3-8 season, missed the post season 2 of the last 3 years (one in 5A). Last season's regular season was beyond mediocre for JT standards. He made a lot of cryptic tweets two years ago that he'd be leaving after his daughter left, this would be that time.

Could be wrong, but I really think it's him.

We only missed the postseason in 2017 and then the next one is 12 years back in 2007.

31 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

We only missed the postseason in 2017 and then the next one is 12 years back in 2007.

Excuse me. I chalked this season up to missing the playoffs when I was typing it. You’re right.

Point being, JT has had a less than stellar last three seasons with a playoff run out of no where last year being the saving grace.

3 hours ago, bordertown said:

1. Not what you said in your post.

2. Yes, one can take what you said was a conspiracy by the aforementioned “hired help”.

No sir,  never mentioned "conspiracy."  Simply repeated what I was told,  then was told by the Smoaky experts that I was wrong.  FYI,  the hired help was in the superintendent's office,  you believe what you want.  I don't care.  But I was right.

3 hours ago, bordertown said:

Refresh your memory on what you said and still awaiting a retraction on attributing something I never did.

I'm CEO of my families company and I'm very busy.  Don't have all day to spend playing on the internet.  However,  I mentioned that with all the layoffs in the Texarkana area recently don't be surprised to see TH drop to D-2.  Then Sirius Dogpatch replied that the only layoffs were at RRAD and they would not effect enrollment at THS.  I came back and replied to look at all the empty buildings in Texarkana and that it looks like a ghost town.  I mentioned the Pier 1 building that has been empty forever off the top of my head.  You replied with sarcasm a blazing that "Wow,  that Pier 1 building sure makes a big difference in enrollment" or something like that.  Well,  that and all the other empty buildings in your town sure add up.  He stated that the enrollment at THS was the same as Longview and Tyler Lee.  Yeah right.  You can look it up,  maybe last February.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Excuse me. I chalked this season up to missing the playoffs when I was typing it. You’re right.

Point being, JT has had a less than stellar last three seasons with a playoff run out of no where last year being the saving grace.

Yea. 2017 was a disappointment only because you go from being co district champs to missing the playoffs. 2018 most JT fans knew we would have a shot at state with going back down, but the team was a lot better than advertised. 2019 we had blind hope but most knew this was gonna be a bad year with a lot of new people. But 2020 will probably be another state run most likely if everything falls into place. That’s usually the trend with JT right now. 

3 hours ago, VonG said:

I don't know why people would think Coach Holmes would leave. Yeah he said what he said out of frustration because of how the season ended. He is embedded in Tyler. His wife is an alumni. I don't think she wants to go somewhere else at this stage of her life. They are both highly paid employees in Tisd. They have it made. I really don't see them leaving. He just made a emotional statement at that time. 

I agree.  I guess you never know, but I would assume if he left it would be for an overall better situation or a higher paying job like a college job but I don't see any of those available right now.    I think last season post season run probably help things alot...but this yr was bad.  I figured it wouldn't be that great but that Sherman loss really stood out. 

28 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Yea. 2017 was a disappointment only because you go from being co district champs to missing the playoffs. 2018 most JT fans knew we would have a shot at state with going back down, but the team was a lot better than advertised. 2019 we had blind hope but most knew this was gonna be a bad year with a lot of new people. But 2020 will probably be another state run most likely if everything falls into place. That’s usually the trend with JT right now. 

They should be better next yr but a state run next yr.....LOL.  Ok

1 hour ago, Slimbodine said:

I'm CEO of my families company and I'm very busy.  Don't have all day to spend playing on the internet.  However,  I mentioned that with all the layoffs in the Texarkana area recently don't be surprised to see TH drop to D-2.  Then Sirius Dogpatch replied that the only layoffs were at RRAD and they would not effect enrollment at THS.  I came back and replied to look at all the empty buildings in Texarkana and that it looks like a ghost town.  I mentioned the Pier 1 building that has been empty forever off the top of my head.  You replied with sarcasm a blazing that "Wow,  that Pier 1 building sure makes a big difference in enrollment" or something like that.  Well,  that and all the other empty buildings in your town sure add up.  He stated that the enrollment at THS was the same as Longview and Tyler Lee.  Yeah right.  You can look it up,  maybe last February.

I did and I never posted on the thread, so not sure how I mocked you as you claimed. I personally don’t care for individuals attributing untruths about me. 

As to the “conspiracy”, at least three posters appear to have interpreted what you said as saying “TISD was going to do anything to be 5A Div 2.” As a CEO, I am sure you understand how one’s choice of words can be damaging. Good day.

2 hours ago, VonG said:

The qb from Moore season stats are:

1225 passing yards 

15 passing tds 

987 rushing yards 

10 rushing 10 tds

Pretty damn good if you ask me. Especially only playing 8 games. 

wow.  Woods little brother caught alot of those passes. He is going to be very good.   Cujo83 said he like the qb from Boulter.    

JT will have the Tatum kid that started this yr as a freshman and Woods little brother at WR in couple of yrs.  If the QB from Moore works out it could be some better days in the future.

3 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

wow.  Woods little brother caught alot of those passes. He is going to be very good.   Cujo83 said he like the qb from Boulter.    

JT will have the Tatum kid that started this yr as a freshman and Woods little brother at WR in couple of yrs.  If the QB from Moore works out it could be some better days in the future.

Rightfully so as he should. The Moore qb is better. 

I rode by Lee last week and I just rode past JT. I will say Tisd got this right. They made sure the the tax payers of Tisd are getting their money's worth. The best facilities with the latest technology to go with it. The building's are amazing. They definitely have that college look because of how the building's are designed. I can't wait to to see the finished product. 

• Mr. P changed the title to 2019-20 East Texas 5A Sports Thread