2019-20 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

Sounds like everyone is looking for a QB in 2020 except for Texas High.

I know we will be..... ugh.  

Wouldn't be shocked to see Pine Tree as the pick for the district championship next season.  Their QB is a beast. 

Phase 2 includes turf for the baseball and softball fields... as well as the practice fields behind Maverick Stadium. 

School board also voted to replace the bleachers at Maverick Gym, which holds 1,800.  They have already replaced the floor, purchased new Daktronic scoreboards and the new locker rooms and restrooms.  Mav gym will be pretty awesome when this is all complete. I’ll post pics when it’s done. 

im expecting news about the restrooms and concessions at Mav stadium in the near future. 

19 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Sounds like everyone is looking for a QB in 2020 except for Texas High.

I know we will be..... ugh.  

Wouldn't be shocked to see Pine Tree as the pick for the district championship next season.  Their QB is a beast. 

you never know ( not trying to start anything because i know nothing). kid is a really good baseball player and i wouldnt be shocked if he just focused on that.

31 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

JT basketball is bad right now.  They have some talent coming up, I think the leading scorer on varsity is a Freshman, and the JV has freshman on it.  But regardless, its time to make a change at the top. 

Time make a lot changes at top with various JT sports, but hey we don’t know anything lol. 

• Like 2

WIth the UIL adjusting the cutoff numbers, it changed who is moving up and down.... including Royse City, which obviously affects things for East Texas.

Pulled out a map and listed all the schools for the surrounding districts in Region II and III and came up with this:

District 5
Aledo
Everman
Burleson
Cleburne
Joshua
Waco University
Arlington Seguin
Mansfield Timberview
Grapevine

With Burleson Centennial and Midlothian moving up to 5A-D1, it makes perfect room for Timberview and Grapevine to slide into their slots.  The only variation I can see of this would have Waco heading down the I-30 corridor.  Other than that.... this district looks pretty solid and outside of University.... geographically pleasing to the fans.

District 6
Dallas Conrad
Dallas Hillcrest
Dallas Jefferson
Dallas Kimball
Dallas Seagoville
Dallas Adamson
Dallas South Oak Cliff
Dallas Spruce
Carrollton Creekview

Red Oak is moving up to 5A-D1, and Hillcrest and Carrollton Creekview move up from 4A Div I.  Geographically a pretty pleasing district.  

District 7
Frisco
Frisco Lebanon
Frisco Liberty
Frisco Memorial
Lake Dallas
Denison
Lucas-Lovejoy
Denton Princeton
Prosper Rock Hill

With Denton Braswell moving to 6A, and Reedy going to 5A-Div I, it makes room for Frisco Liberty, who will drop from D-1.  Prosper Rock Hill will make its sports debut in 2020.  Again.... it's a geographically pleasing district too.

District 8
Royse City
Sulphur Springs
Greenville
North Forney
Forney
Ennis
Mesquite Poteet
Corsicana
Crandall

With Terrell and Kaufman both dropping to 4A Div I, Crandall and Mesquite Poteet neatly takes their slots.  This district is spread out more than the above districts, but overall it works pretty well geographically.  

District 9
Marshall
Hallsville
Pine Tree
Jacksonville
Mount Pleasant
Texas High
Nacogdoches
Whitehouse

With Lindale dropping to 4A-D1, it makes sense that Texas High will take their slot as they drop fro 5A-Div I.  It's not a pretty alignment for Texas High with long drives to Nacogdoches (149 miles), Jacksonville (145 miles) and Whitehouse (141 miles).  MP will be their lone neighbor.  Marshall (72 miles), Hallsville (85 miles),  and Pine Tree (90 miles) will be their next closest games.  

Odd to think about Texas High being in region III given the geography of most of the regions..... but I can't see Texas High or MP joining their I-30 brethren.  It's just too crowded.  The deep East Texas district is the only one that doesn't have nine teams in it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

WIth the UIL adjusting the cutoff numbers, it changed who is moving up and down.... including Royse City, which obviously affects things for East Texas.

Pulled out a map and listed all the schools for the surrounding districts in Region II and III and came up with this:

District 5
Aledo
Everman
Burleson
Cleburne
Joshua
Waco University
Arlington Seguin
Mansfield Timberview
Grapevine

With Burleson Centennial and Midlothian moving up to 5A-D1, it makes perfect room for Timberview and Grapevine to slide into their slots.  The only variation I can see of this would have Waco heading down the I-30 corridor.  Other than that.... this district looks pretty solid and outside of University.... geographically pleasing to the fans.

District 6
Dallas Conrad
Dallas Hillcrest
Dallas Jefferson
Dallas Kimball
Dallas Seagoville
Dallas Adamson
Dallas South Oak Cliff
Dallas Spruce
Carrollton Creekview

Red Oak is moving up to 5A-D1, and Hillcrest and Carrollton Creekview move up from 4A Div I.  Geographically a pretty pleasing district.  

District 7
Frisco
Frisco Lebanon
Frisco Liberty
Frisco Memorial
Lake Dallas
Denison
Lucas-Lovejoy
Denton Princeton
Prosper Rock Hill

With Denton Braswell moving to 6A, and Reedy going to 5A-Div I, it makes room for Frisco Liberty, who will drop from D-1.  Prosper Rock Hill will make its sports debut in 2020.  Again.... it's a geographically pleasing district too.

District 8
Royse City
Sulphur Springs
Greenville
North Forney
Forney
Ennis
Mesquite Poteet
Corsicana
Crandall

With Terrell and Kaufman both dropping to 4A Div I, Crandall and Mesquite Poteet neatly takes their slots.  This district is spread out more than the above districts, but overall it works pretty well geographically.  

District 9
Marshall
Hallsville
Pine Tree
Jacksonville
Mount Pleasant
Texas High
Nacogdoches
Whitehouse

With Lindale dropping to 4A-D1, it makes sense that Texas High will take their slot as they drop fro 5A-Div I.  It's not a pretty alignment for Texas High with long drives to Nacogdoches (149 miles), Jacksonville (145 miles) and Whitehouse (141 miles).  MP will be their lone neighbor.  Marshall (72 miles), Hallsville (85 miles),  and Pine Tree (90 miles) will be their next closest games.  

Odd to think about Texas High being in region III given the geography of most of the regions..... but I can't see Texas High or MP joining their I-30 brethren.  It's just too crowded.  The deep East Texas district is the only one that doesn't have nine teams in it.

Texas High to Mesquite is 170 miles, Texas High to Forney is 167 miles, Texas High to Royce City is 145 miles.    

I think if you add it all up, its probably better to be in the East TX district.    

According to DCTF this is our predicted district next year....

Longview

John Tyler

Lancaster 

Highland Park

Midlothian 

Red Oak 

West Mesquite

Man Talk about not making the playoffs for JT possibly lol. This would be a monster district. The Top two teams coming out this district would have definitely earned it!!

4 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

According to DCTF this is our predicted district next year....

Longview

John Tyler

Lancaster 

Highland Park

Midlothian 

Red Oak 

West Mesquite

Man Talk about not making the playoffs for JT possibly lol. This would be a monster district. The Top two teams coming out this district would have definitely earned it!!

Also imagine how #### HP would be to have to drive to Tyler and Longview in the same season lmao!! It’s no way Jerry would let that happen 🤪😂😂😂

No way HP is going to be an ET district and No way they are going to put them in a district that they have any chance of not making the playoffs. They had DISD schools in their district the last few realignments to make sure that would never happen!!

• Mr. P changed the title to 2019-20 East Texas 5A Sports Thread