2019-20 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

12 minutes ago, The Real Mavfan said:

Marshall misses a 3pt shot as time expires and lose to Nac 53-51. Was a tough back and forth game the whole way.

That’s a tough loss to swallow.  Now tied for first place. 

Gets no easier Friday Vs Lufkin. 

Lady Mavs beat Nac 54-42.  

Boys results

Whitehouse 43  Pine Tree 42
Lufkin 67  Hallsville 48
Nacogdoches 53  Marshall 51
John Tyler 63  Jacksonville 58

—————————————-

Girls results 

Lufkin beat Hallsville 45-30
Marshall beat Nac  54-42
Jacksonville beat JT 55-20
WH beat PT 41-27

16-5A Boys Basketball

GAME 6
Whitehouse 43  Pine Tree 42
Lufkin 67  Hallsville 48
Nacogdoches 53  Marshall 51
John Tyler 63  Jacksonville 58

Marshall lost their first district game of the season with a tough 2-point loss at Nacogdoches.  It gave the Dragons their 20th win of the season.  The two are now tied for first place.  Lufkin's win keeps the Panthers within striking distance of Nac and Marshall.  JT's win keeps their playoff hopes alive, while WH's win over PT kept their playoffs hopes on life support.  

Standings
Nacogdoches (5-1) , (20-8)
Marshall (5-1) , (15-8)
Lufkin (4-2), (15-7)
Hallsville (3-3) , (15-12)
John Tyler (3-3) , (5-12)
Pine Tree (2-4) (12-14)
Whitehouse (2-4), (8-12)
Jacksonville (0-6) , (4-11)

---------------------------------------------------
16-5A Girls Basketball

Game 7
Lufkin beat Hallsville 45-30
Marshall beat Nac  54-42
Jacksonville beat JT 55-20
WH beat PT 41-27

The race to the playoffs is heating up.  Jacksonville is the class of the district.... with LP one game behind.  Hallsville is clinging to the #3 spot.  Then.... things get complicated..... with a three way tie for third between WH, JT, and Nac.  But Marshall is only 1 game behind.  

Standings
Jacksonville 8-0
Lufkin 7-1
Hallsville 4-4
Whitehouse 3-5
John Tyler 3-5
Nacogdoches 3-5
Marshall 2-6
Pine Tree 1-7

---------------------------------------------------

15-5A Boys Basketball

Game 2
Sulphur Springs beat Mount Pleasant 72-51
Texas High beat Lindale 56-46
Greenville beat Royse City 60-48

SS beat MP in a monster battle of 20-win teams.  Greenville continues their outstanding season with their 25th win.  Texas High with a big win over Lindale.  Still too early to make any wild predictions.  But the Greenville/MP game should be a big one.

Greenville (2-0) ,  (25-4)
Royse City (1-1), (?-?)
Mount Pleasant (1-1) , (21-3)
Texas High (1-1) , (11-11)
Sulphur Springs (1-1) , (18-7)
Lindale (0-2) , (12-`0)

15-5A Girls Basketball

Game 4
Texas High beat Lindale 52--33 (?)
Royse City beat Greenville  ???
Sulphur Springs Vs.MP NO REPORT

Standings
Royse City 4-0
Lindale 2-2
Mount Pleasant 2-1
Texas High 2-2

Sulphur Springs 1-2
Greenville 0-4

Lufkin loses 88-87 in Marshall on a last second half court bank shot.  Thanks to some suspect clock operations off and on during the game and especially at the end, adding 3 seconds back on the clock. Had an accidental buzzer in the 4th that cancelled out a made Lufkin 3 pointer, whoops I accidently hit that buzzer.  They put 5 seconds back on the clock replayed the procession. Big deal.  Fouls Fouls and more fouls.  Mavericks threw a couple of elbows that could have injured folks and no call.. Lufkin played well but could not over come the total environment there.  Even the clock operator took a bow at the end of the game to the home crowd.  You can't make up that stuff.  Hard fought district game, you win some and lose some, now on to Round II.  Nacogdoches at Lufkin next Tuesday.   Should be a good one.   Marshall will end the year at Lufkin, can't wait to see that one too.

12 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Lufkin loses 88-87 in Marshall on a last second half court bank shot.  Thanks to some suspect clock operations off and on during the game and especially at the end, adding 3 seconds back on the clock. Had an accidental buzzer in the 4th that cancelled out a made Lufkin 3 pointer, whoops I accidently hit that buzzer.  They put 5 seconds back on the clock replayed the procession. Big deal.  Fouls Fouls and more fouls.  Mavericks threw a couple of elbows that could have injured folks and no call.. Lufkin played well but could not over come the total environment there.  Even the clock operator took a bow at the end of the game to the home crowd.  You can't make up that stuff.  Hard fought district game, you win some and lose some, now on to Round II.  Nacogdoches at Lufkin next Tuesday.   Should be a good one.   Marshall will end the year at Lufkin, can't wait to see that one too.

A Lufkin fan crying about home-court cooking is laughable at best.  Lmao  

Those Angelina county refs are what the song “three blind mice” were written about. 

Seriously.....

Was a competitive game.  Bad calls went BOTH ways..... to say the refs gave this game to Marshall is ridiculous. 

Ive been to enough games in Panther Gym to know what ridiculous officiating looks like  

14 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Those Angelina county refs are what the song “three blind mice” were written about. 

Seriously.....

Was a competitive game.  Bad calls went BOTH ways..... to say the refs gave this game to Marshall is ridiculous. 

Ive been to enough games in Panther Gym to know what ridiculous officiating looks like  

Your clock operator was a joke.  Don't jump on me.  Your picking the wrong person.  I was there. I said there were fouls , fouls and more fouls.  Did not say which way, there were lots. Not butt hurt,  just know Marshall playing at home was an advantage,  just like playing in Lufkin. I know that.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Seriously.....

Did he really take a bow at the end of the game ??

30 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Your clock operator was a joke.  Don't jump on me.  Your picking the wrong person.  I was there. I said there were fouls , fouls and more fouls.  Did not say which way, there were lots. Not butt hurt,  just know Marshall playing at home was an advantage,  just like playing in Lufkin. I know that.

Picking the wrong person?  What does that even mean????  I’m not scared of you. I call BS  no matter who states it.  

I have tremendous respect for you.... and the LP program.  

But to say the refs gave the game to Marshall is absolutely ridiculous.  

Bad calls went both ways.  I bet Marshall got called for more fouls than LP.   

And I have no doubt Marshall will get screwed in Lufkin   I actually expect it.  It happens every time we’ve played down there.   I’m sure that’s the norm for every visiting team.  No matter the sport from what I hear.  

Never said the refs cost the game, just think there were way too many fouls called and the clock operator was not good at their job.  Too many mistakes on their part.  You came back with some sarcastic jab. We live in a society were any thing one says about a game get a negative jab back if they don't agree.    

20 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

Did he really take a bow at the end of the game ??

Yes, it was so funny. 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

We live in a society were any thing one says about a game get a negative jab back if they don't agree. 

Who took a negative jab first?  

I just called it out. 

Doesn’t this seem to be a common theme with Whitehouse no matter what the sport is???

Its a disturbing trend considering they are in a district with 6 majority minority schools. Only Whitehouse and Hallsville are majority white. 

Not trying to stir the pot.... but when fans of those schools are saying it’s happening.... and a neutral reporter is saying it it’s happening...... maybe the WH administration needs to look into it instead of blasting the opponents team and fans on Twitter. 

Just a thought.