2019-20 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

39 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

If there is anyone that can stop SS Hall from scoring, I want to see them.  Big 6'8" agile freight train.

Mount Pleasant is about the only team to slow them down in both of their wins over SS.

2 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Lancaster

No one in region II is beating them IMHO. 

Marshall/Texas High winner tonight will get them on Friday.  UGH.

Marshall is facing Texas High tonight.  A rematch from a December barnburner.

Mavs are (4-6) in Bi-district playoff games since 2009.  They last advanced to the area round in 2016.

Good luck Mavs!  I'll be there to cheer you on!

4 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Mount Pleasant is about the only team to slow them down in both of their wins over SS.

Sulphur Springs and Mt. Pleasant split their district games. Sulphur Springs beat Mt. Pleasant handily 72-54 at home, and then lost to them on the road at MP.  It was Sulphur Springs' unfortunate loss to Greenville that was their other district loss.

4 hours ago, Aledo said:

Not sure what you're talking about but I'm talking about comparing skill sets. It's a projection. Same as asking, could a 4AD2 state champ beat any 6A team in football? 

Sorry.  I wasn't trying to be a jerk...just thought it was a funny question.  Sorry if it came across that way.

I can see comparing the same sport between classes...... 4A Vs. 5A/6A, etc, etc.....

But comparing not only between different levels (HS Vs. NCAA).....BUT SEX as well.... that's hard to wrap a head around.

Lancaster Boys Vs. Baylor girls?  Meh.  I don't get the comparison.  

Lancaster Boys Vs. Baylor men?  I can at least get my brain around that.  Sort of.

1 hour ago, sportsfan4life said:

Ah..thanks for the correction.  I knew SS had a shocking loss to Greenville.  Had forgotten they split with MP.

Maybe someone in ETx can upset one of the big dogs.  Hasn't happened in a LONG time.

Marshalls player had a wide open 3 pointer with 5 seconds left to take the lead. I mean WIDE open. Nobody anywhere close. And he just could not pull the trigger. Tried to pass down low and turned it over as time expires.

Texas High fans chanted Marshall #### after the game. Class act! Gonna be hilarious the beat down yall about to get from Lancaster!

16 minutes ago, The Real Mavfan said:

Texas High fans chanted Marshall #### after the game. Class act! Gonna be hilarious the beat down yall about to get from Lancaster!

Ya really go all nuclear about Highschool kids chanting you #### at the end of a game ?

I wasn't there & sorry if it happened...…..but sounds like a typical high school kid reaction. 

19 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

Ya really go all nuclear about Highschool kids chanting you #### at the end of a game ?

I wasn't there & sorry if it happened...…..but sounds like a typical high school kid reaction. 

Marshall——-Fags was what they were chanting. 

Is what it is. 

3 hours ago, The Real Mavfan said:

Marshalls player had a wide open 3 pointer with 5 seconds left to take the lead. I mean WIDE open. Nobody anywhere close. And he just could not pull the trigger. Tried to pass down low and turned it over as time expires

Zebras fault as well? Or nah?

Refs were horrendous to be sure.  

But this loss falls solely on the players.  

Missing free throws, not boxing out, lazy offensive rebounding, very poor shot selection in the last 2 mins of the game.

Very disappointing. 

Gotta give THS their props.  Played like they wanted it more.

Only positive In all of it.....is not having to drive to the metroplex Friday night to watch us get skull dragged against Lancaster 😂😂😂

On to baseball/softball! 

Mavchamp you are right. After the "Marshall ####" chant they went into the "Marshall are f-a-gs" chant. But like i said, they will get whats coming on Friday.

Eagleborn i thought the officiating was pretty fair both ways. They let them play for the most part and a few questionable calls went against both teams. It was 2 evenly matched teams battling it out and unfortunately somebody had to lose. 

Nac is the only 16-5a team still standing after bi district. 

Nac(28-9) plays Kaufman(20-13) in Frankston on Fri at 6pm-Kaufman was the runner up to Lancaster in District 13. The only common opponent was John Tyler, Kaufman won 69-54 to start the year and Nac split with JT losing 57-48 and winning 73-51.

Mt Pleasant (30-3) plays Midlothian (24-9)-No common opponents-

Hopefully we can see a East Texas Showdown in the regional quarters. Winner of our side of the bracket is heading for the undefeated Carrolton Newman Smith(28-0).

Region II is just absolutely loaded with good teams.  

Lancaster, Newman Smith, several really good Frisco schools, Sulphur Springs.......

Who ever survives region II..... and you get a loaded region I winner..... Burleson Cent, several Mansfield schools,  WF Rider, FW Wyatt, Amarillo

Then you get region III (can't take IV tooooo seriously)... which might be the best region in the state: Shadow Creek, FB Hightower, PA Memorial.....

5A is stupid loaded this season.