2019-20 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

Kaufman eliminates Nac 48-38.

Close game, free throws and fouls at the end. Nac was 3-26 from 3 point line. It did them in, MP will kill Kaufman next week.

Saw it coming when we played Lindale we struggled against them too. Welp I guess we have to wait a year longer we haven’t advanced to the regional tournament since   2006.

MP beat Midlothian 54-41

Lancaster beat Texas High 84-44

Sulphur Springs beat Red Oak 61-38

MP and SS continue to carry the flag for East Texas Boys.  Both state ranked.

---------

Jacksonville girls lost Tuesday night to Midlothian

39 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

MP beat Midlothian 54-41

Lancaster beat Texas High 84-44

Sulphur Springs beat Red Oak 61-38

MP and SS continue to carry the flag for East Texas Boys.  Both state ranked.

---------

Jacksonville girls lost Tuesday night to Midlothian

Mp plays Kaufman Tuesday at UT Tyler

Nac was down two players last night. One lost to grades and another quit the last night of the regular season. He was unhappy with his playing time on senior night. He actually left that game in the 3rd period. Changed clothes and finished the game standing in the student section. 

1 minute ago, Nacwagons said:

Nac was down two players last night. One lost to grades and another quit the last night of the regular season. He was unhappy with his playing time on senior night. He actually left that game in the 3rd period. Changed clothes and finished the game standing in the student section. 

Yeah.... college recruiters LOVE that kinda behavior from graduating seniors.

Bad decision on his part, IMHO.

Where were his parents in all of this?  My parents would have snatched me up and had me apologizing before I even made it off the court on senior night.

4 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Yeah.... college recruiters LOVE that kinda behavior from graduating seniors.

Bad decision on his part, IMHO.

Where were his parents in all of this?  My parents would have snatched me up and had me apologizing before I even made it off the court on senior night.

Standing behind the bench griping at the coach!!!:) Then they wanted one of the assistance to come to the locker room and talk to them. In the middle of the 3rd period!!

Just now, Nacwagons said:

Standing behind the bench griping at the coach!!!:) Then they wanted one of the assistance to come to the locker room and talk to them. In the middle of the 3rd period!!

The kid never had a chance.  It's learned behavior, sounds like.

Well..... either his hoops career is over.....

or

he will likely end up at a junior college instead of playing for an NCAA program.

Or some idiot college coach will stroke his ego a little longer before he self-destructs........again

#TrainWreck

3 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

The kid never had a chance.  It's learned behavior, sounds like.

Well..... either his hoops career is over.....

or

he will likely end up at a junior college instead of playing for an NCAA program.

Or some idiot college coach will stroke his ego a little longer before he self-destructs........again

#TrainWreck

He wants to run track in college, according to his senior night bio. If I was a coach I would have nothing to do with him. Just ridiculous when You have been the 6th man all year and quit over one game worth of playing time. Especially with a playoff game already clinched. 

1 minute ago, Nacwagons said:

He wants to run track in college, according to his senior night bio. If I was a coach I would have nothing to do with him. Just ridiculous when You have been the 6th man all year and quit over one game worth of playing time. Especially with a playoff game already clinched. 

Can't even imagine how that damaged his relationship with his teammates.  

Might be a lonely track season for him.

16 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Can't even imagine how that damaged his relationship with his teammates.  

Might be a lonely track season for him.

I would assume he isn’t the most popular but who knows!! I would be mad at both, the one who failed and the one who quit!! 

7 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Not the team that went further?

How’s this for a novel idea:

sports fans.... especially high school kids not calling their opposition f-ags?  Or any other name?

Maybe have some sportsmanship in the stands  

Its a revolutionary thought..... I know.  But maybe one worth considering. 

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

sports fans.... especially high school kids not calling their opposition f-ags?  Or any other name?

Sportsmanship!! What’s that?? J/k

i can handle the kids talking noise because they are kids it is a teachable moment. I have a bigger problem when the adults join in or the adults On the other side are the ones yelling derogatory/profanity accross the gym back at the student section.  

• Like 1

I was annoyed with our section and they were doing chants you hear at every game 

“you can’t do” that clap clap clap.

“we can’t hear you”

I guess I just don’t get it.   Seems.... petty.

But I was pretty appalled after the game.   Being annoying is bad enough.  But being vulgar.... and hateful.  

Social media, TV, and.... well... politics have lost all civility.    

6 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Fans will taught and blame zebras for losing. That’s just the way it is. 

4 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Fans will taught and blame zebras for losing. That’s just the way it is. 

I’ve seen some egregious officiating through the years. 

Cant recall when it affected the outcome of the game. 

9 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

If Mavchamp said it happened I believe it..  

If people start saying it was a large orchestrated group I don't believe it.  I've been attending T High games a long time & I've never seen any animosity directed at Marshall

Was a just a handful of guys.  Meh.  I've seen/heard worse (Whitehouse).  Was hoping a teacher/coach was going to intervene.  

Is what it is.

It was a close game.  Either team could have won.

Calling them names when you were one shot from losing yourself..... I don't get it.  Just me.

Shake hands and move on.

I've always enjoyed Texas High and their fans (minus the idiot alien) in all sports.  I've been home and away for football, baseball, and basketball.   

It was an isolated incident.  Not something I think is a "trend" like like some schools (Whitehouse).  

Anyhow....I'm in baseball/softball mode now.  Both the Mavs and Lady Mavs are off to good starts. 

Ready to see what the spring brings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

.  Was hoping a teacher/coach was going to intervene.  

Is what it is.

If it was observed by someone in authority  and not stopped then that is more disturbing than the stupidity of teenagers.

Oh well....…..I don't doubt that version of the story. You can always find a handful of kids in a herd mentality do stupid things.   Sorry it happened

4 minutes ago, THSfanatic said:

If it was observed by someone in authority  and not stopped then that is more disturbing than the stupidity of teenagers.

Oh well....…..I don't doubt that version of the story. You can always find a handful of kids in a herd mentality do stupid things.   Sorry it happened

Texas High has great fans.  

Good luck this spring! 

Sulphur Springs loses to Lancaster 44 to 38. Hundreds of fans turned away because the Rockwall Heath gym was not big enough. Total lack of organization by Rockwall Heath. One ticket line with one woman taking money at the entrance to the gym. People stood in line for 40 minutes and then people would walk up and cut in line at the front. Total chaos and the security was useless in my opinion. Very disappointing for lots of fans. Sulphur Springs had chances to win but couldn't quite get it done. Sure going to miss the graduating Seniors.