2019-20 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

JT needs to be glad they are in weak district this year.  They have unexpected issues right now . Do they have the time to straighten things out?  The fact that they have not been competitive in any of their losses against good teams is a red flag.  It  is amazing you can go from missing the playoffs in 2017, go to the semi finals in 2018 and then have these issues to start 2019.    You say your D played better against Longview compare to your other 2 games, but you still lost 42-0 on a bad night for the Lobos. Your playing 5 straight home  games to start the season and your 0-3 , ET and TH  in Tyler won't be easy. You guys will get well on  Wylie East and West Mesquite, then your on the road to try and outscore McKinney North.   The big question is what happen between the semi finals last year and this year?  Hard to understand.

14 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

JT needs to be glad they are in weak district this year.  They have unexpected issues right now . Do they have the time to straighten things out?  The fact that they have not been competitive in any of their losses against good teams is a red flag.  It  is amazing you can go from missing the playoffs in 2017, go to the semi finals in 2018 and then have these issues to start 2019.    You say your D played better against Longview compare to your other 2 games, but you still lost 42-0 on a bad night for the Lobos. Your playing 5 straight home  games to start the season and your 0-3 , ET and TH  in Tyler won't be easy. You guys will get well on  Wylie East and West Mesquite, then your on the road to try and outscore McKinney North.   The big question is what happen between the semi finals last year and this year?  Hard to understand.

They didn't make it to the semi finals last year.  Regional finals. Numbers and talent being down is the sole reason why they are struggling. 

43 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

So, JT was a great team last season??? Remember i watched y’all a few times last season. 

Yes. Dude we were only a TD away from knocking off the defending state champ. Y’all lost to a subpar lone star team badly. They put up 49 on y’all imagine what we would’ve put up. We were second best team in the region obviously cause we played in the “region championship” and probably the 3rd best team in 5A D1 behind HP and shadow creek. Last year was best chance JT had at winning state since 2000 the door was wide open for it and we choked. And yes they had a better chance than the Greg ward teams because last years team actually played defense in the playoffs. Probably the most complete championship ready team since the 2000 team

8 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Yes. Dude we were only a TD away from knocking off the defending state champ. Y’all lost to a subpar lone star team badly. They put up 49 on y’all imagine what we would’ve put up. We were second best team in the region obviously cause we played in the “region championship” and probably the 3rd best team in 5A D1 behind HP and shadow creek. Last year was best chance JT had at winning state since 2000 the door was wide open for it and we choked. And yes they had a better chance than the Greg ward teams because last years team actually played defense in the playoffs. Probably the most complete championship ready team since the 2000 team

Lmao. You seem hurt by my post. Like i said JT wasn’t great. They didn’t turn into North Shore after getting blown out to Cedar Hill and Longview. That definitely showed in district by barely winning it, then having close games with North and others. If you want to believe that, then fine. It’s just not true. And if we lost both of our QBs before playing JT and had five turnovers (three to start out the game with), then who knows? It’s definitely a possibility. Lufkin wasn’t a great team last season. Definitely had that potential. I think we were better than JT after watching both when we were healthy. And again, I watched JT a few times last season and against HP. But i guess since you only lost by seven to them that means you are a great team in your mind. That same “subpar” Lone Star team loss by less to them. College station lost by 8 to them. I guess they were all “great” too, but then again you said LS was subpar so it can’t be both right? Continue to make these great points though, I’m starting to wonder if Bigred is teaching a class up there in Tyler...

9 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Coach talk

JT was good but not great. There is a difference. Great teams don’t go up by three scores in the playoffs and then lose. 

dude chill...We only came at you because you made an unnecessary comment about JT not being a great team last yr.  We already knew they were pretty good but not great...but they were playing pretty darn good by the end of the season.

by the way, you sound more like this BigRed guy than any of us.  You probably shouldn't take jabs at a team that went 2 rounds deeper than yours and blew out the team that crushed yall and  knocked yall out of the playoffs. Jus saying.  

9 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

dude chill...We only came at you because you made an unnecessary comment about JT not being a great team last yr.  We already knew they were pretty good but not great...but they were playing pretty darn good by the end of the season.

by the way, you sound more like this BigRed guy than any of us.  You probably shouldn't take jabs at a team that went 2 rounds deeper than yours and blew out the team that crushed yall and  knocked yall out of the playoffs. Jus saying.  

Being honest is taking a jab?? And I’m not worried about you coming at me. I said JT wasn’t that great last season and you basically just said something similar. So again, why are you hurt? Because someone from a rival fanbase said it??? And I’ll continue to be honest about other teams. I did it with Katy fans on the old 5A forum. And didn’t back down. Definitely not going to worry about two JT fans getting in their feels because i said their team wasn’t great. I didn’t play on that Pack team last season. So, why should that stop me from giving my opinion on a team that i watched? Stop being so sensitive.. 

5 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Being honest is taking a jab?? And I’m not worried about you coming at me. I said JT wasn’t that great last season and you basically just said something similar. So again, why are you hurt? Because someone from a rival fanbase said it??? And I’ll continue to be honest about other teams. I did it with Katy fans on the old 5A forum. And didn’t back down. Definitely not going to worry about two JT fans getting in their feels because i said their team wasn’t great. I didn’t play on that Pack team last season. So, why should that stop me from giving my opinion on a team that i watched? Stop being so sensitive.. 

007 you causing trouble again!?  You know you can’t speak the truth on these boards!!     Lol. Stop poking at Cujo😂😎 he might bite you

• LOL! 1

7 minutes ago, jbabi86 said:

007 you causing trouble again!?  You know you can’t speak the truth on these boards!!     Lol. Stop poking at Cujo😂😎 he might bite you

I said one little thing and then boom 🤣🤣🤣 

Where is Dr. Phil when you need him? Too many sensitive folks on here lol

21 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Lmao this whole post is laughable. And we smoked lone star and will probably have to do it again, because the pack can’t form together to beat the cowboys from the city 😂😂.

1 minute ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Lmao this whole post is laughable. And we smoked lone star and will probably have to do it again, because the pack can’t form together to beat the cowboys from the city 😂😂.

Speaking of laughable......Y’all better figure out how to find the end zone first before trying to “smoke” anyone. Heck....after last Thursday, it seems like it’s difficult for y’all to even find the 50. 

2 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Speaking of laughable......Y’all better figure out how to find the end zone first before trying to “smoke” anyone. Heck....after last Thursday, it seems like it’s difficult for y’all to even find the 50. 

Get past the second round more than once in recent time and then we can talk. 😎

4 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Get past the second round more than once in recent time and then we can talk. 😎

2012 and 2017 ain’t recent?? and again what does that have to do with me giving my opinion? So if JT doesn’t make the playoffs again this season, which isn’t something new to your fanbase, y’all won’t be allowed to give your opinions on any other team until next season? 

• Mr. P changed the title to 2019-20 East Texas 5A Sports Thread