Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I didn’t realize they had done away with the N. 

But I do seem to recall a dragon logo with an N on it being around.  Can’t recall if it was on the helmet though. 

Looks great. Congrats to Nac.  

We wore it the year we played Marshall in the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.easttexasmatters.com/sports/john-tyler-to-be-part-of-nike-cowboys-showcase-in-frisco/amp/

 

wish john tyler luck! 

John Tyler will also go against Dallas Skyline, Fort Worth Paschal, DeSoto, Connally, Tulsa Union, and Argyle.

Then in July, CUJO heads to Charlotte, North Carolina for the ESPN Powerade 7-on-7 national tournament.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.easttexasmatters.com/sports/john-tyler-to-be-part-of-nike-cowboys-showcase-in-frisco/amp/

 

wish john tyler luck! 

John Tyler will also go against Dallas Skyline, Fort Worth Paschal, DeSoto, Connally, Tulsa Union, and Argyle.

Then in July, CUJO heads to Charlotte, North Carolina for the ESPN Powerade 7-on-7 national tournament.

Allen won it, followed by Arglye at 2 and DeSoto 3..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Allen won it, followed by Arglye at 2 and DeSoto 3..

JT got fourth.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JT going by invitation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9-5A Division II District Schedule
If your brave/bored.... predict each game and your final standings.
 

Week 5- Sept 27
Lindale Vs. Marshall
Hallsville Vs. PIne Tree
Jacksonville Vs. Nacogdoches
Mount Pleasant Vs. Whitehouse
 

Week 6- Oct 4
Nacogdoches Vs. Lindale
Marshall Vs. Hallsville
Pine Tree Vs. Mount Pleasant
Whitehouse Vs. Jacksonville


Week 7- Oct 11
Nacogdoches Vs. Whitehouse
Mount Pleasant Vs. Marshall
Hallsville Vs. Lindale
Pine Tree Vs. Jacksonville
 

Week 8- Oct 18
Lindale Vs. Whitehouse
Pine Tree Vs. Nacogdoches
Marshall Vs. Jacksonville
Hallsville Vs. Mount Pleasant
 

Week 9- Oct 25
Nacogdoches Vs. Marshall
Jacksonville Vs. Hallsville
Mount Pleasant Vs. Lindale
Pine Tree Vs. Whitehouse
 

Week 10- Nov 1
Marshall Vs. Whitehouse
Lindale Vs. Pine Tree
Hallsville Vs. Nacogdoches
Mount Pleasant Vs. Jacksonville


Week 11- Nov 8
Pine Tree Vs. Marshall
Whitehouse Vs. Hallsville
Lindale Vs. Jacksonville
Nacogdoches Vs. Mount Pleasant
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 5- Sept 27
Lindale Vs. Marshall ---- I expect a TOUGH game from the Eagles.  They always seem to give favorites their best games.
Hallsville Vs. PIne Tree --- PT wins big in the rivalry match.
Jacksonville Vs. Nacogdoches --- Dragons make a statement to open district play
Mount Pleasant Vs. Whitehouse --- WH too much for MP in what could be a high scoring game.
 

Week 6- Oct 4
Nacogdoches Vs. Lindale --- This is a toss up game for me, but Lindale is a tough place to play.  Take the Eagles.
Marshall Vs. Hallsville ---- Marshall wins a rivalry game that is usually closer than it SHOULD be.
Pine Tree Vs. Mount Pleasant- PT will continue to roll.  Chance they could still be undefeated at this point in the season.
Whitehouse Vs. Jacksonville- Whitehouse will win in the Tomato Bowl...but it won't be easy.
 

Week 7- Oct 11
Nacogdoches Vs. Whitehouse --- Nac will get back on the winning track this week.
Mount Pleasant Vs. Marshall --- Mavs will continue their dominance over the Tigers
Hallsville Vs. Lindale --- Eagles win again at home.  
Pine Tree Vs. Jacksonville- PT's offense continues to tear it up 
 

Week 8- Oct 18
Lindale Vs. Whitehouse- Eagles get a big road win to clench a playoff.
Pine Tree Vs. Nacogdoches- This game will be a barnburner.  PT will win to clinch a playoff slot.  Eyes a district title.
Marshall Vs. Jacksonville- Mavs will win at the Tomato Bowl....  should be an easy one.  But nothing is easy in this venue.
Hallsville Vs. Mount Pleasant- Bobcats finally get an ugly win.  
 

Week 9- Oct 25
Nacogdoches Vs. Marshall --- Mavs get a TOUGH win at home over Nac.
Jacksonville Vs. Hallsville ---  This game is a toss-up.  Jacksonville's defense will win this one.
Mount Pleasant Vs. Lindale --- Eagles pour it on Vs. MP.
Pine Tree Vs. Whitehouse --- Pine Tree wins a huge road game.  Still tied for the district lead
 

Week 10- Nov 1
Marshall Vs. Whitehouse ---  Mavs get a huge road win to set up the showdown Vs. PT for the district title
Lindale Vs. Pine Tree --- Pirates are ready to take a shot at their first district title since...???? Vs. Marshall
Hallsville Vs. Nacogdoches --- Dragons are playoff bound again.... with some momentum this time. 
Mount Pleasant Vs. Jacksonville --- Indians get a home win.


Week 11- Nov 8
Pine Tree Vs. Marshall --- Mavs win in a shoot-out.  Will be the game of the week in ETX.  4th district title in 5 years for Mavs.
Whitehouse Vs. Hallsville
Lindale Vs. Jacksonville
Nacogdoches Vs. Mount Pleasant

 

FINAL STANDINGS
Marshall 7-0  Home playoff game
Pine Tree 6-1 Home Playoff game
Lindale 5-2 Away Playoff game
Nacogdoches 4-3 Away Playoff game
----------
Whitehouse 3-4
Jacksonville 2-5
Hallsville 1-6
Mount Pleasant 0-7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll try and toss in the 5A Div I district schedule on here in a little while.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7-5A Div I District Schedule 

Week 5- Sept 27
Texas High  Vs. John Tyler
Sherman Vs. McKinney North
Wylie East Vs. West Mesquite
Mesquite Poteet- OFF

Week 6- Oct 4
John Tyler Vs. Wylie East
McKinney North Vs. Texas High
Mesquite Poteet Vs. Sherman
West Mesquite- OFF

Week 7- Oct 11
West Mesquite Vs. John Tyler
Wylie East Vs. Mckinney North
Texas High Vs. Mesquite Poteet
Sherman- OFF

Week 8- Oct 18
McKinney North Vs. West Mesquite
Sherman Vs. Texas High
Mesquite Poteet Vs. Wylie East
John Tyler- OFF
 

Week 9- Oct 25
John Tyler Vs. McKInney North
West Mesquite Vs. Mesquite Poteet
Wylie East Vs. Sherman
Texas High- OFF
 

Week 10- Nov 1
Mesquite Poteet Vs. John Tyler
Texas High Vs. Wylie East
Sherman Vs. West Mesquite
McKinney North- OFF


Week 11- Nov 8
John Tyler Vs. Sherman
McKinney North Vs. Mesquite Poteet
West Mesquite Vs. Texas High
Wylie East- OFF
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to hold out on my predictions for 7-5A Div I until I see who each has coming back.  Not as familiar with these teams as I am with 9-5A D-II.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Any JT people know where coach rush is going? Saw on Twitter he's leaving oak ridge 

He's headed to Bryan ISD to be their new AD.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CUJONATION83 said:

He's headed to Bryan ISD to be their new AD.

Congratulations to him for moving on up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VonG said:

Congratulations to him for moving on up.

Congratulations for moving on......period......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IF Dave Campbell's predictions are correct for district finishes.... this is what the playoffs could look like for district 9-5A Division II:

BI-DISTRICT:
Montgomery at Marshall
Lamar Consolidated at Nacogdoches
Lindale at Huntsville
Pine Tree at A&M Consolidated

AREA:
Montgomery/Marshall winner  Vs. Nederland/FB Willowridge winner
Nac/Lamar Consol winner Vs. PNG Vs Houston Sterling winner
Lindale/Huntsville winner Vs. Manvel/Barber's Hill winner
AMC/Pine Tree winner Vs. FB Marshall/Crosby winner

Some interesting match-ups in there.  No reason 9-5A couldn't get a win or two in the first round.

------------------------------

For 5A Div I

Hard to imagine Texas High finishing in 6th place again.  Seat could be getting warm...... but that's a tough row to hoe in that district.  Anyhow... here are the playoff match-ups based on DCTF district predictions.

BI-District:
Mansfield Legacy at Frisco Lone Star
McKinney North at College Station
Frisco Wakeland Vs. Highland Park
Magnolia Vs. Mesquite Poteet
Magnolia West Vs. John Tyler
Frisco Independence Vs. Lancaster
West Mesquite Vs. Lufkin
Mansfield Timberview Vs. The Colony

This has JT likely taking on Lancaster in the second round while Lufkin would take on The Colony.

Which could set up a HUGE third round game between JT and LP.  

Of course.... the winner would have the pleasure of taking on three time defending state champion Highland Park.

Whoever survives that then looks to take on Denton Ryan likely in the semis.

And for the state title take on the likes of Port Arthur Memorial, Shadow Creek, Cedar Park, Richmond Foster, or Dripping Springs.

------------

Was going to post for the other 5A Div II district.....but things are looking a little bleak for East Texas in that loop unless you want to count Corsicana and Ennis.....

Royse City is predicted to finish 5th, Sulphur Springs 6th, Greenville 8th, and Terrell 9th.  
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7-5A Div I District Schedule

If you are brave/bored predict each game and your final standing 

Week 5- Sept 27

Texas HIGH vs John Tyler--Texas High may not have enough. JT could finish any where between 1st and 4th

Sherman Vs McKinney North--I think MN can finish any where between 2nd and 4th

Wylie East Vs West Mesquite-- Another long year for WE

Mesquite Poteet Off

Week 6- Oct 4

John Tyler Vs. Wylie East-- should be more reps for JT

McKinney North Vs. Texas High--TH should began to play tough

Mesquite Poteet Vs. Sherman--MP to much personnel

West Mesquite Off

Week 7-Oct 11

West Mesquite Vs. John Tyler--we will see if JT has the pieces together

Wylie East Vs. McKinney North--MN will run up the score

Texas High Vs. Mesquite Poteet--hopefully TH can play keep away

Sherman Off

Week 8-Oct 18

McKinney North Vs. West Mesquite--if MN can keep their heads and play clean ball, this will keep them at the top

Sherman Vs. Texas High--TH need this one

Mesquite Poteet Vs. Wylie East--MP running back should go well over 1000yds for the season

John Tyler Off

Week 9-Oct 25

John Tyler Vs. McKinney North--JT will have to play smart and sharp for this one

West Mesquite Vs. Mesquite Poteet--WM needs to win a big one

Wylie East Vs. Sherman--WE has some team speed, they just don't have the numbers

Texas High Off

Week 10-Nov 1

Mesquite Poteet Vs John Tyler--don't think JT will be able to corral their RB. having to replace Lane and Jones in the middle is going to be tough

Texas High Vs. Wylie East--TH should step up and take this one

Sherman Vs. West Mesquite--WM should be getting in playoff position

McKinney North Off

Week 11-Nov 8

John Tyler Vs. Sherman--this still could be a must win for JT do to positioning for the playoff

McKinney North Vs. Mesquite Poteet--MP running back should be the difference in this game

West Mesquite Vs. Texas High--if and a big if TH could some way win this one would  shake thing up

Wylie East Off  

 

Mesquite Poteet - 6-0

John Tyler -            5-1

McKinney North-   4-2

West Mesquite-     3-3

Texas High-           2-4

Sherman-               1-5

Wylie East-            0-6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2019 at 6:59 PM, cujo2016 said:

7-5A Div I District Schedule

If you are brave/bored predict each game and your final standing 

Week 5- Sept 27

Texas HIGH vs John Tyler--Texas High may not have enough. JT could finish any where between 1st and 4th

Sherman Vs McKinney North--I think MN can finish any where between 2nd and 4th

Wylie East Vs West Mesquite-- Another long year for WE

Mesquite Poteet Off

Week 6- Oct 4

John Tyler Vs. Wylie East-- should be more reps for JT

McKinney North Vs. Texas High--TH should began to play tough

Mesquite Poteet Vs. Sherman--MP to much personnel

West Mesquite Off

Week 7-Oct 11

West Mesquite Vs. John Tyler--we will see if JT has the pieces together

Wylie East Vs. McKinney North--MN will run up the score

Texas High Vs. Mesquite Poteet--hopefully TH can play keep away

Sherman Off

Week 8-Oct 18

McKinney North Vs. West Mesquite--if MN can keep their heads and play clean ball, this will keep them at the top

Sherman Vs. Texas High--TH need this one

Mesquite Poteet Vs. Wylie East--MP running back should go well over 1000yds for the season

John Tyler Off

Week 9-Oct 25

John Tyler Vs. McKinney North--JT will have to play smart and sharp for this one

West Mesquite Vs. Mesquite Poteet--WM needs to win a big one

Wylie East Vs. Sherman--WE has some team speed, they just don't have the numbers

Texas High Off

Week 10-Nov 1

Mesquite Poteet Vs John Tyler--don't think JT will be able to corral their RB. having to replace Lane and Jones in the middle is going to be tough

Texas High Vs. Wylie East--TH should step up and take this one

Sherman Vs. West Mesquite--WM should be getting in playoff position

McKinney North Off

Week 11-Nov 8

John Tyler Vs. Sherman--this still could be a must win for JT do to positioning for the playoff

McKinney North Vs. Mesquite Poteet--MP running back should be the difference in this game

West Mesquite Vs. Texas High--if and a big if TH could some way win this one would  shake thing up

Wylie East Off  

 

Mesquite Poteet - 6-0

John Tyler -            5-1

McKinney North-   4-2

West Mesquite-     3-3

Texas High-           2-4

Sherman-               1-5

Wylie East-            0-6

JT can not afford to lose district. Losing district will grant JT a second round playoff exit against highland park vs going at minimum to the 4th round

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

JT can not afford to lose district. Losing district will grant JT a second round playoff exit against highland park vs going at minimum to the 4th round

I know. We will be starting several young guys this year, and hopefully when we get to them we will be clicking on all cylinders. LP offense is probably going to be better than last year.

We may have a couple of surprises this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

JT can not afford to lose district. Losing district will grant JT a second round playoff exit against highland park vs going at minimum to the 4th round

We may not make it to that meeting, but if we did....Lufkin (as of right now) seem to be more talented with what both teams have returning. Again, we may not even make it that far to play JT...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 11:44 PM, Pack007 said:

We may not make it to that meeting, but if we did....Lufkin (as of right now) seem to be more talented with what both teams have returning. Again, we may not even make it that far to play JT...

A potential frisco lone star rematch is in store for y’all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9-5A D2 DCTF Predictions

 1.Marshall

 2.Nac

3.Pine Tree

4.Lindale

5.Whitehouse

6.Jacksonville

7.Hallsville

 8.Mt Pleasant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

9-5A D2 DCTF Predictions

 1.Marshall

 2.Nac

3.Pine Tree

4.Lindale

5.Whitehouse

6.Jacksonville

7.Hallsville

 8.Mt Pleasant

I would love for Nac to finish at the 2 seed might help come playoff time the ideal dream would be for us to capture the school’s first District championship since 82. I know that road goes through Marshall. We haven’t won there since my team beat them in 06.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

A potential frisco lone star rematch is in store for y’all 

If we don’t give the ball away a hundred times again and lose our two quarterbacks, it should at least be a good game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Pack007 said:

If we don’t give the ball away a hundred times again and lose our two quarterbacks, it should at least be a good game. 

True. In all Honestly frisco lone star is really not a good team. There just another overrated dfw area team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They've been pretty good the last few years going 6,3, 4 and 3 rounds into  the playoffs the past 4 seasons. 

No idea how they will be this year, but I'm not sure I'd say they've been overrated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...