2019-20 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

1 minute ago, Mavchamp said:

Honestly.... I think they move MP back up to the I-30 district.  

I think Corsi and Ennis end up in a South DISD/FW district. Several prospects should be moving up to Div I opening up space for them to go there.

So you think?

north

texas high 

mp

ss

greenville 

Marshall

hallsville

pt 

Nac

wh

jax

lindale

crandall

forney

Terrell

4 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

So you think?

north

texas high 

mp

ss

greenville 

Marshall

hallsville

pt 

Nac

wh

jax

lindale

crandall

forney

Terrell

Looks interesting.  And very possible.

I just can't wrap my head around THS' enrollment dropping from almost 2000 to drop to Div II.....

That seems like a steep decline.

16 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Looks interesting.  And very possible.

I just can't wrap my head around THS' enrollment dropping from almost 2000 to drop to Div II.....

That seems like a steep decline.

Crandall jumped 200 and from what I am hearing cleveland is jumping from 1400 to almost 2000 and going d1 

6 minutes ago, EazyMoney said:

Huntsville defeats Rudder 38-14 so the playoff teams are set.  We will see about the seedings tomorrow night.  I expect Lamar to defeat Paetow to create the tiebreaker mess.  Lamar will want to win big to get out of that 4 seed.  

Really?  Most people are picking Paetow to win handily.
I don't know enough about them to make an educated pick.  But Lamar wasn't very good at all when we played them last season in the first round.   Nice record...but... yeah.  Not good.

Mathis gonna Mathis.  

He doesn’t ever seem to learn. 

Why not go for the tie instead of the win?  Your decision just cost you a district championship.

Same decision cost Marshall a quarterfinal appearance last season 35-34.

Glad to Know he does this garbage everywhere he goes.  

Seems like he’s done it in the playoffs at DeSoto in his first stent. Which was why some of them was ready to run him out on a rail back then. 

Good riddance.  So grateful for our current staff. 

25 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Mathis gonna Mathis.  

He doesn’t ever seem to learn. 

Why not go for the tie instead of the win?  Your decision just cost you a district championship.

Same decision cost Marshall a quarterfinal appearance last season 35-34.

Glad to Know he does this garbage everywhere he goes.  

Seems like he’s done it in the playoffs at DeSoto in his first stent. Which was why some of them was ready to run him out on a rail back then. 

Good riddance.  So grateful for our current staff. 

Desoto back to there choking ways as usual. Great regular season team Though like Denton Ryan. Lol

On 11/4/2019 at 4:41 PM, Mavchamp said:

EAST TEXAS PLAYOFF PROJECTIONS

Denison/Frisco Reedy Vs. Ennis 
Frisco/Lucas-Lovejoy loser Vs. Corsicana
Royse City Vs. Braswell
Greenville Vs. Frisco/Lucas-Lovejoy winner

Lamar Consolidated Vs. Marshall
Huntsville Vs. Whitehouse
Lindale Vs. Katy Paetow
Pine Tree Vs. A&M Consolidated

Texas High Vs. Lufkin
John Tyler Vs. College Station
Magnolia Vs. Mesquite Poteet
Magnolia West Vs. McKinney North

Interesting notes:
1.  Greenville in the playoffs for the first time since 2003.
2.  Royse City (barring an upset) will be in the playoffs for the first time since 2011
3.  Texas High and Lufkin will meet for the first time since 1989, when they were district rivals.
4.  Lamar Consolidated Vs. Marshall is a rematch from last season.  Mavs won 56-14.
5.  Pine Tree is in the playoffs for only the second time since 2001.
6.  Texas High has not won a playoff game since 2009 (Jacksonville 22-20)

Congrats to the Greenville Lions JV for a great 9-1 season.  The Greenville Lions lost a 10-0 Ennis JV team last night 20-6.  The future of Greenville football is STRONG!!

13 hours ago, The Real Mavfan said:

Huntsville is up 21-0 in the 1st qtr. So they are going to clinch a playoff spot and eliminate Rudder. The question now is playoff seeding between Paetow, Huntsville and Lamar. If Paetow beats Lamar tomorrow night it will be 1-AMC 2-Paetow 3-Huntsville 4-Lamar. BUT if Lamar wins then it goes to tiebreaker for the #2-#4 spots.

Still trying to figure out this District 10 in the event of a Lamar win tonight.  My understanding (which might be wrong) is that the 2 seed would be based on victory margin in head to head between the 3 teams.  Then the 3 seed is based on head to head between the remaining 2 teams.

so, if that is the case, my guess of seedings in a Lamar victory margin of:

0-8.     2 Katy,  3 Huntsville,  4 Lamar

9-17.   2 Huntsville,  3 Lamar,  4 Katy

18-up.  2 Lamar,  3 Katy,  4 Huntsville

No team is going to want the 4 seed, so this could be an interesting game.  

17 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Classic Mathis. 
But karma always seems to bite him in the rear. 
lmaooooo 

I watched the game and it wasn’t anything Mathis did. I have no idea what the player that faked being injured was doing. He went down with like 18 seconds left. Plenty of time to get up and spike the ball.

I didn’t agree with some of the calls against them in the 4th but DeSoto playing CH that close tells me more about CH then DeSoto tbh. 

Was a fun game to watch.

Here are my picks for how the 5A Region III bracket will look

Lamar Consolidated Marshall
Sterling Vs. Crosby

Port Neches Groves Vs. FB Marshall

Nederland Vs. Manvel
Katy Paetow Vs. Lindale

FB Willowridge Vs. Barbers Hill

-------------

For Mav fans.... it would look like we would get Lamar (7-3) in the first round.  Looks like it should be Crosby (5-5)  or Sterling (5-5 ot 6-4) in the second round.

A&M Consolidated (10-0) waiting in the third round.

Fourth round would likely be (10-0) Manvel or Barber's Hill (9-1).

Fifth round would be Corpus Christi Calallen (10-0), Weiss (9-1) or SA Harlan (9-1).

Then of course the title game of Aledo (9-1), Burleson Cent (9-1), Red Oak (9-1), Frisco (9-1)

Killer.  Absolute killer road.

7 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I watched the game and it wasn’t anything Mathis did. I have no idea what the player that faked being injured was doing. He went down with like 18 seconds left. Plenty of time to get up and spike the ball.

I didn’t agree with some of the calls against them in the 4th but DeSoto playing CH that close tells me more about CH then DeSoto tbh. 

Was a fun game to watch.

No doubt it was entertaining.  But I don't get his constant need to "go for the win".

If I was a DeSoto fan....I would have wanted to extend the game.  Go to OT.  

JMHO.  I felt the same way when he went for 2 Vs. Huntsville in the playoff last year.  

He seems to lose that decision more than he wins it.  

Either way....I'm glad he's there and not here.

29 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

No doubt it was entertaining.  But I don't get his constant need to "go for the win".

If I was a DeSoto fan....I would have wanted to extend the game.  Go to OT.  

JMHO.  I felt the same way when he went for 2 Vs. Huntsville in the playoff last year.  

He seems to lose that decision more than he wins it.  

Either way....I'm glad he's there and not here.

Game had nothing on the line playoff wise, very cold night. Chance to win a district title against your rivals on one play? Meh I don’t blame em. I wouldn’t want to risk playing overtime and having one of your star guys go out right before the playoffs.

Agreed on y’all going for two in the playoffs though. That doesn’t make sense to me still.

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Here are my picks for how the 5A Region III bracket will look

Lamar Consolidated Marshall
Sterling Vs. Crosby

Port Neches Groves Vs. FB Marshall

Nederland Vs. Manvel
Katy Paetow Vs. Lindale

FB Willowridge Vs. Barbers Hill

-------------

For Mav fans.... it would look like we would get Lamar (7-3) in the first round.  Looks like it should be Crosby (5-5)  or Sterling (5-5 ot 6-4) in the second round.

A&M Consolidated (10-0) waiting in the third round.

Fourth round would likely be (10-0) Manvel or Barber's Hill (9-1).

Fifth round would be Corpus Christi Calallen (10-0), Weiss (9-1) or SA Harlan (9-1).

Then of course the title game of Aledo (9-1), Burleson Cent (9-1), Red Oak (9-1), Frisco (9-1)

Killer.  Absolute killer road.

Looks like second round games could be played in Nac/Lufkin.

Yall might laugh at this but I think next season MP could be a team to watch. Only a few seniors that started this season. A lot of sophmores that played all season. Coach Pinkard has gotten this team better in each season. Hopefully as a MP fan, this team is coming back and will hopefully make some noise next season. Like Mavchamp has said we are athletic if we get the depth, we would be a problem. I dont want to be in the south district anymore either. Its a lot of travel time. I know it sounds crazy but i hope THigh moves down. We would have the I-30 district back.

On 11/7/2019 at 9:06 PM, Mavchamp said:

T-High dropped from 1874 to 1838.5. Last year was the first year PG became an open enrollment district. Other factor is the bubble from the 2001 ice storm babies are passing through the system.

• Mr. P changed the title to 2019-20 East Texas 5A Sports Thread