2019-20 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

1 hour ago, 3rdcoastent said:

Gone be interesting next season to see what jt does at qb since cam wont be there and is at lee now confirmed hmmmm 

Dang.... Lee already has a qb coming back. He's not as mobile as Cam but he is definitely a better passer.

On 12/5/2019 at 6:33 AM, Mavchamp said:

Which alignment do you prefer?  
East/West or North/South?

And for the I-20 and south group.... would you prefer region II or III?  Why? 

I don't care which way they align in that scenario, but would rather the 1 trip to TX High then the trips to Kingwood, College St, Huntsville.

Help me out. Cause I could be wrong.

I thought any transfers between Lee and JT (intradistrict transfers) are automatic sit out a year?

If not, Lee is stacked at QB with him and 2021 Trent Adams returning. Possible position change for Ford.

According to the rules he shouldn't be allowed to play. Unless he moved into Lee district. Even if he did move into Lee district, you know it was for athletic purposes only. Me personally I'm not about holding a kid back. If he wants to leave, let him leave. I know for a fact Coach Holmes has always signed off on everyone who has ever left the JT program. No since of holding a kid back. There philosophy is he might not do well here, but he might go somewhere else and get his stuff on track. Just going by the rules he shouldn't be allowed to play. You know as well as I do if it was a kid leaving Lee, they are not signing off. I want him to play. But if you gone make the rules, go by them.

2 hours ago, VonG said:

According to the rules he shouldn't be allowed to play. Unless he moved into Lee district. Even if he did move into Lee district, you know it was for athletic purposes only. Me personally I'm not about holding a kid back. If he wants to leave, let him leave. I know for a fact Coach Holmes has always signed off on everyone who has ever left the JT program. No since of holding a kid back. There philosophy is he might not do well here, but he might go somewhere else and get his stuff on track. Just going by the rules he shouldn't be allowed to play. You know as well as I do if it was a kid leaving Lee, they are not signing off. I want him to play. But if you gone make the rules, go by them.

You know that he is going to play when the season starts.

On 12/5/2019 at 12:35 PM, Mavchamp said:

Same for Marshall.  if we end up with Greenville... that’s 2.5 hours. 

Ennis and Corsicana are each 2.5 hours.  

Prosper is 2.5 hours.  

Terrell and Mesquite  are over 2 hours. 

Unless we get lucky.... sounds like Mavs are going to get some road time the next 2 years. 

I hated some of the travel when I was in Marshall... now that I am in Mineral Wells, I think our closest game this year was 45 minutes to Graham, with most of them being 1 1/2 hours +.  With us moving down to D2, we are looking at much of the same... A lot of trips to the Wichita Falls area.

4 hours ago, VonG said:

If this is true, I had a feeling he could leave after what happen.  But even if Holmes signs off, couldn't the other coaches from the district protest?

5 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

If this is true, I had a feeling he could leave after what happen.  But even if Holmes signs off, couldn't the other coaches from the district protest?

If it is an out of district transfer yes they can protest even if J.T doesn't. However if his parents moved into REL's zone then you would have a tough time proving it is for athletic reasons only. Once the parents relocate not much can be done to stop it.

4 hours ago, ANTI said:

Help me out. Cause I could be wrong.

I thought any transfers between Lee and JT (intradistrict transfers) are automatic sit out a year?

If not, Lee is stacked at QB with him and 2021 Trent Adams returning. Possible position change for Ford.

I believe you are correct...and I think its two varsity yrs and one of those yrs has to be your junior or senior yr.

4 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

If it is an out of district transfer yes they can protest even if J.T doesn't. However if his parents moved into REL's zone then you would have a tough time proving it is for athletic reasons only. Once the parents relocate not much can be done to stop it.

thanks.  However, I think TISD new transfer rule will get him. Because you have to sit out 2 yrs of varsity and one has the be in the junior or senior yr.

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

I believe you are correct...and I think its two varsity yrs and one of those yrs has to be your junior or senior yr.

That's what I thought.

This Lee move sounds like it will probably be tough to get approved then but we will see. Probably would have been easier going to CH (believe he was here before going to JT) or TAPPS if affordable. 

31 minutes ago, ANTI said:

That's what I thought.

This Lee move sounds like it will probably be tough to get approved then but we will see. Probably would have been easier going to CH (believe he was here before going to JT) or TAPPS if affordable. 

Yea he was at ch before it was other reasons he left there some stuff the school was doing his dad told me he. Was no longer at jt the other day and most reasons os alot stuff holmes had put cam through i saw cam at super ones like sunday and i stay in lee district where that store is so he staying over in lee district most likley

31 minutes ago, ANTI said:

That's what I thought.

yea, I thought he would end up at CH..but TAPPS is probably where he will have to play with the new rules in place. I hope he comes back to JT. 

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

thanks.  However, I think TISD new transfer rule will get him. Because you have to sit out 2 yrs of varsity and one has the be in the junior or senior yr.

It's not two years on varsity. It's one year on varsity and one year on the lower level. Either your freshman or jv year. They got the idea from Denton isd.

18 minutes ago, VonG said:

It's not two years on varsity. It's one year on varsity and one year on the lower level. Either your freshman or jv year. They got the idea from Denton isd.

oh ok.   either way, it seems he will have a difficult time getting it approved, but who knows. I wish the kid best of luck. I rather he come back to JT, but things happen.

So who would replace him. I don't think Sanchez is the answer.  Maybe the freshman QB, or it could be the kid coming in from Moore...lol. 

3 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

oh ok.   either way, it seems he will have a difficult time getting it approved, but who knows. I wish the kid best of luck. I rather he come back to JT, but things happen.

So who would replace him. I don't think Sanchez is the answer.  Maybe the freshman QB, or it could be the kid coming in from Moore...lol. 

It's definitely not Sanchez. I say if the qb from  Moore body is mature enough to handle the varsity level of play. Give him a shot. I hate that he left because I feel he will miss his whole senior year. Say Coach Holmes releases him. I don't see the dec signing off on him so he can play for Lee. They know the move will be  for athletic purposes. Go back to JT and earn your spot back. This is definitely a teaching moment. You can't run every time something doesn't go your way. Unless Coach Holmes didn't want you back on the team. Then you transfer. That might have been what transpired from the get go. I don't know. I really feel like he is going to miss his senior year of playing football. 

5 minutes ago, VonG said:

It's definitely not Sanchez. I say if the qb from  Moore body is mature enough to handle the varsity level of play. Give him a shot. I hate that he left because I feel he will miss his whole senior year. Say Coach Holmes releases him. I don't see the dec signing off on him so he can play for Lee. They know the move will be  for athletic purposes. Go back to JT and earn your spot back. This is definitely a teaching moment. You can't run every time something doesn't go your way. Unless Coach Holmes didn't want you back on the team. Then you transfer. That might have been what transpired from the get go. I don't know. I really feel like he is going to miss his senior year of playing football. 

I think he will miss it too unless he goes to Gorman or something like that.  

• Mr. P changed the title to 2019-20 East Texas 5A Sports Thread