Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Recommended Posts

No way HP is going to be an ET district and No way they are going to put them in a district that they have any chance of not making the playoffs. They had DISD schools in their district the last few realignments to make sure that would never happen!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

No way HP is going to be an ET district and No way they are going to put them in a district that they have any chance of not making the playoffs. They had DISD schools in their district the last few realignments to make sure that would never happen!!

I think they will make it but definitely won’t win district. HP would lose there minds if they have to drive to Tyler or Longview lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

No way HP is going to be an ET district 

Not so sure about that.

Makes way more sense for them to drive East than Sherman or Mckinney North. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

According to DCTF this is our predicted district next year....

Longview

John Tyler

Lancaster 

Highland Park

Midlothian 

Red Oak 

West Mesquite

Man Talk about not making the playoffs for JT possibly lol. This would be a monster district. The Top two teams coming out this district would have definitely earned it!!

There would be no easy games for anyone in that district.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Not so sure about that.

Makes way more since for them to drive East than Sherman or Mckinney North. 

They will fight to make sure that they don’t have to drive very far at all. If it comes to this district they would fight the second it comes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

No way HP is going to be an ET district and No way they are going to put them in a district that they have any chance of not making the playoffs. They had DISD schools in their district the last few realignments to make sure that would never happen!!

They wouldn't miss the playoffs in that district lol.

I think that district is one of top scenario to happen for sure.

There's just not enough teams up north to not have some really weird districts tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I think they will make it but definitely won’t win district. HP would lose there minds if they have to drive to Tyler or Longview lol

 

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Not so sure about that.

Makes way more since for them to drive East than Sherman or Mckinney North. 

 

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

They wouldn't miss the playoffs in that district lol.

I think that district is one of top scenario to happen for sure.

There's just not enough teams up north to not have some really weird districts tbh.

Since when has the UIL made sense? HP has so much pull, that I will believe it when i see it as far as them being put in a district that involves them traveling to ET. Not saying they wouldn't make the playoffs, but that "projected" district is head and shoulders better than any district they have been in, in a long time!!  So the "chance" of them not making the playoffs is higher in that district. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Generally speaking it wouldn't be good for Texas High School football for that district to come about IMO.  You would have four teams that are 3rd round minimum beating on each other all season...I would try to split that up and get 6 or 7 playoff teams out of that group vs 4.  All 7 on that list are far and away better than any Dallas ISD school.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Generally speaking it wouldn't be good for Texas High School football for that district to come about IMO.  You would have four teams that are 3rd round minimum beating on each other all season...I would try to split that up and get 6 or 7 playoff teams out of that group vs 4.  All 7 on that list are far and away better than any Dallas ISD school.

How is that any different from the old 5A East Texas district. When four teams in the district was ranked in the top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dfwfootballfan said:

Generally speaking it wouldn't be good for Texas High School football for that district to come about IMO.  You would have four teams that are 3rd round minimum beating on each other all season...I would try to split that up and get 6 or 7 playoff teams out of that group vs 4.  All 7 on that list are far and away better than any Dallas ISD school.

Harder to have smaller districts in the pre split.  There are only 16 districts instead of 32. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

How is that any different from the old 5A East Texas district. When four teams in the district was ranked in the top.

apples and oranges.  There was no other geographic choice but to put all of the east texas schools together in the old 5a.  There are other options for this district.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Nacwagons said:

Terrell stayed 5-aD2 reported 1226

1210-1899 is 5aD2

UIL updated their cutoff numbers. 

5A Div II is now 1230-1921. So Terrell will be 4A Division I. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

apples and oranges.  There was no other geographic choice but to put all of the east texas schools together in the old 5a.  There are other options for this district.

True, but we don’t know what the other options are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

True, but we don’t know what the other options are.

I mean, we do.

They could send Longview, John Tyler and West Mesquite (because honestly these three will be grouped together no matter the situation) north with McKinney North, Wylie East, Sherman.

They could send us three south with Highland Park, Red Oak, Midlothian and Lancaster.

There could be a mix of all of it with Longview/John Tyler/West Mesquite joining just Midlothian, Red Oak and Lancaster.

There's a scenario they could have Mansfield in our district.

There's a load of options.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I mean, we do.

They could send Longview, John Tyler and West Mesquite (because honestly these three will be grouped together no matter the situation) north with McKinney North, Wylie East, Sherman.

They could send us three south with Highland Park, Red Oak, Midlothian and Lancaster.

There could be a mix of all of it with Longview/John Tyler/West Mesquite joining just Midlothian, Red Oak and Lancaster.

There's a scenario they could have Mansfield in our district.

There's a load of options.

Just have to see how the my lay out the other district in region 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

District 9
Marshall
Hallsville
Pine Tree
Jacksonville
Mount Pleasant
Texas High
Nacogdoches
Whitehouse

----------

If this is what comes to fruition (I really can't see it happening another way TBH), this could be a very competitive district in 2020.

Texas High will be coming in flying high thanks to that monumental upset of Lufkin in the playoffs.  Tigers struggled the last few years in 5A Div I.  And TBH, they struggled in 2017 before the split happened.  But they righted the ship in 2019 it appears.  I expect THS to be an immediate contender for the district title in 2020.

Pine Tree is probably going to be a media and fan favorite for the district title...... maybe.  I don't think anyone will argue that the Pirates will likely have the #1 offense in 2020.  They return a ton of experience on the offensive side of the ball this coming fall.  What caused PT to drop from title contender to 4th place finish in 2019?  DEFENSE.  If the Pirates can shore up their porous defense, they could run away with things.  

Three time defending district champion Marshall will be returning a lot of talent in 2020 as well.  However, the Mavs will be looking to replace some key parts as well.  Namely.... they will need a QB.  They have a district champion 9th grade team that may provide some young talent.  The JV finished in 2nd place, and should fill some holes as well.  Defense was Marshall's strength in district play in 2019.  That could be the same in 2020.  But the offense has lots of holes to fill. 

Whitehouse will have a lot returning in 2020 as well.  The Wildcats were the lone team to win their Bi-district  playoff game.  They have proven themselves to be annual district title contenders.  No reason to think 2020 will be any different.  Offense always seems to be their strength.... defense has traditionally struggled.  

Mount Pleasant feels like they are on the edge of being a contender in this district.  Their biggest issue EVERY season seems to be a lack of depth.  They have a small 4A roster.  That's bad news in 5A.  They have talent on the field.... they just seem to run out of gas.  Too many players playing both ways?  The question marks IMHO are Nac, Hallsville, and Jacksonville.  

I honestly expected Nac to challenge for the district title in 2019, but they had turnover issues and defensive problems that plagued them all season.  Their lone wins were over the two bottom teams in the district (Hallsville and Jax).  Their loss to MP was shocking IMHO.  Dragons never really became what we all thought they would be.

And I hate to be harsh...but Hallsville was the worst team I saw in 2019.... and it was the worst Bobcat team I've witnessed since the series started in 2000.  I'm not sure how they improve from this, although their lower levels had some success.  Time will tell.  But.... hard to think there will be a dramatic turnaround in 2020 based on what was seen in 2019.  While Hallsville hasn't had a ton of success in the last decade or so.... they were always competitive... and they were never an easy win.  That's not the case right now.

Jacksonville always has talent on the field.  Just seems like they put all their eggs in one basket with their offense, and their defense is their achilles heel.  Depth is an issue as well.  If they can just get some more bodies to come out.... the Indians could make some noise.  

 

I'm predicting a four team race for the district title..... Texas High, Pine Tree, Marshall and Whitehouse.  But I don't thin Nac will be an easy out in 2020.... they SHOULD be improved.  MP's road to the playoffs got a little harder having THS take Lindale's place... and again...lack of depth.  

Can't wait to see the alignment.

A little more anxious to see the 2020 full schedule.  I'm expecting to see some drastic changes in non-district for a few teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlackShirtD said:

Texas High will roll through that district if this becomes reality.

I disagree.

Texas High has been rebuilding. 

They are definitely on the upswing., but I don't think they are good enough to "roll" anywhere.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I disagree.

Texas High has been rebuilding. 

They are definitely on the upswing., but I don't think they are good enough to "roll" anywhere.  

I don’t see anyone on that list that can beat them next year.  They have all the pieces back and should be tough to deal with.   Time will tell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MavChump, please do not worry about Texas High if they should end up in the same district with Marshall.  They are just as sorry as they were two years ago (when you were crapping all over them).  Just be satisfied that Marshall is the team to beat in any district configuration that they find themselves in.

  • Stinks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

MavChump, please do not worry about Texas High if they should end up in the same district with Marshall.  They are just as sorry as they were two years ago (when you were crapping all over them).  Just be satisfied that Marshall is the team to beat in any district configuration that they find themselves in.

One good thing about THS being a doormat the last few years  was your absence from SDC. 

They get their first playoff win in a decade and You crawl out of the sewers.  

You’re true fan!!! 

And still an idiot. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

MavChump, please do not worry about Texas High if they should end up in the same district with Marshall.  They are just as sorry as they were two years ago (when you were crapping all over them).  Just be satisfied that Marshall is the team to beat in any district configuration that they find themselves in.

And I’ve never crapped all over THS.  I have tremendous respect for the Tiger program. 

Ive just crapped all over you because I have ZERO respect for you.  

Don't get it twisted boo-boo.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do agree that it is T High’s district to lose with what they have coming back and what Marshall loses. Would depend on where the game is this season imo. It’s no secret the Mavs have struggled up at Grim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...