2019-20 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

On 1/10/2020 at 4:48 PM, CUJONATION83 said:

JT has some SERIOUS TALENT in their current 9th grade and coming in the next 2 years. TRUST ME on that. The immediate issue as far as football go is finding a qb. Cameron Ford is at Chapel Hill now. This season hinges on can Holmes find a decent qb. JT returns alot of players. Time will tell. 

wow...hate to see how this entire situation ended up. Wish the kid luck.  I think JT would have had a decent team with him back under center.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think Chapel Hill blocked their QB from coming to JT a yr or two ago.  Wouldn't it be crazy if JT blocked Ford....LOL.  I don't think Coach Holmes would do that, but karma....lol 

25 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

wow...hate to see how this entire situation ended up. Wish the kid luck.  I think JT would have had a decent team with him back under center.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think Chapel Hill blocked their QB from coming to JT a yr or two ago.  Wouldn't it be crazy if JT blocked Ford....LOL.  I don't think Coach Holmes would do that, but karma....lol 

I was thinking the same thing. I hate to hold a kid back but they did do it to JT. Different coaching staff at Chapel Hill then but still. 

15 minutes ago, VonG said:

I was thinking the same thing. I hate to hold a kid back but they did do it to JT. Different coaching staff at Chapel Hill then but still. 

Oh, I thought it was the same staff.  

I would make it known to them that they better not deny a transfer to JT again...lol

16-5A Boys Basketball

GAME 3
Hallsville beat John Tyler 67-49
Marshall beat Pine Tree 74-45
Nacogdoches beat Jacksonville 63-45
Lufkin Vs. Whitehouse- NO SCORE 

Hallsville got the biggest win of the weekend by knocking JT out of the ranks of the unbeaten in district play.  Marshall kept pace with the Bobcats with their dominating win over Pine Tree.  Nacogdoches pulled in to a tie for third with their win over Jacksonville.  There has been no report from the LP/WH game.

Standings
Hallsville (3-0) , (15-9)
Marshall (3-0) , (13-7)
John Tyler (2-1) , (4-10)
Nacogdoches (2-1) , (17-8)
Lufkin (1-1) , (12-6)
Whitehouse (0-2), (6-10)
Pine Tree (0-3), (10-13)
Jacksonville (0-3) , (4-8)

---------------------------------------------------
16-5A Girls Basketball

Game 5:
Jacksonville beat Nacogdoches 39-26
Marshall beat Pine Tree 42-27
Hallsville beat John Tyler 55-42
WH Vs. Lufkin- NO REPORT

Jacksonville continues to roll through district play with their win over Nac.  Marshall finally got their first win in district play.  Hallsville got a much needed win over John Tyler to create a three way tie for fourth place.  

Standings
Jacksonville 5-0
Lufkin 3-1
Whitehouse 3-1
Hallsville 2-3
John Tyler 2-3
Nacogdoches 2-3
Marshall 1-4
Pine Tree 1-4

15-5A boys start district play on Jan 17th

15-5A Girls Basketball

Game 1:
Royse City beat Sulphur Springs 65-41
Texas High Vs. Greenville
 Lindale beat MP 59-57 in OT

Standings
Texas High 1-0
Lindale 1-0
Royse City 1-0
Sulphur Springs 0-1
Greenville 0-1
Mount Pleasant 0-1

18 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

16-5A Boys Basketball

GAME 3
Hallsville beat John Tyler 67-49
Marshall beat Pine Tree 74-45
Nacogdoches beat Jacksonville 63-45
Lufkin Vs. Whitehouse- NO SCORE 

Hallsville got the biggest win of the weekend by knocking JT out of the ranks of the unbeaten in district play.  Marshall kept pace with the Bobcats with their dominating win over Pine Tree.  Nacogdoches pulled in to a tie for third with their win over Jacksonville.  There has been no report from the LP/WH game.

Standings
Hallsville (3-0) , (15-9)
Marshall (3-0) , (13-7)
John Tyler (2-1) , (4-10)
Nacogdoches (2-1) , (17-8)
Lufkin (1-1) , (12-6)
Whitehouse (0-2), (6-10)
Pine Tree (0-3), (10-13)

16-5A Girls Basketball

Game 5:
Jacksonville beat Nacogdoches 39-26
Marshall beat Pine Tree 42-27
Hallsville beat John Tyler 55-42
WH Vs. Lufkin- NO REPORT

Jacksonville continues to roll through district play with their win over Nac.  Marshall finally got their first win in district play.  Hallsville got a much needed win over John Tyler to create a three way tie for fourth place.  

Standings
Jacksonville 5-0
Lufkin 3-1
Whitehouse 3-1
Hallsville 2-3
John Tyler 2-3
Nacogdoches 2-3
Marshall 1-4
Pine Tree 1-4

15-5A boys start district play on Jan 17th

15-5A Girls Basketball

Game 1:
Royse City beat Sulphur Springs 65-41
Texas High Vs. Greenville
Mount Pleasant Vs. Lindale

Still needing a couple of scores before I can do standings.  Girls BB scores aren't the easiest to find.

Beating JT in basketball these days is not really a surprise.  They are not that good anymore.  Good talent coming up but I think there needs to be some changes in the program for them to compete again.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 10:15 AM, rocketpop said:

I don’t think anyone can be a favorite yet. T-High known for underperforming last few years. Pine tree loses 3 stud WRs and much of O-line. Marshall has 9 returning on offense, including 4 o-line and all WRs and RB. Gonna be interesting to see development in all programs until August. 

Pine Tree will return 8 Offensive and 8 Defensive starters and an Undefeated JV (in District play) for the upcoming 2020 Season.

They do lose TWO stud WR's (not 3) in Sparkman and Adams with only one OL to graduation (J. Key).

They'll be "loaded" by their standards and certainly within their own football history. 

The QB (Freeman) passed for over 2,000 yards and rushed for another 1,000 yards during the 2019 season...he returns.

Their RB (Sheffield) also returns with his 1,000 yard plus 2019 season.

The Defense will be the key to the 2020 success (or failure) but with 8 starters and a very good JV Defense on the way it's rather easy to see that the Pirates will definitely be a play-off calibur team in 2020.

Furthermore, I think Coach Lane remains at PT with the future bright and what he along with his Staff are building.

R.J.

• Like 1

16-5A Boys Basketball

GAME 4
Marshall beat John Tyler 76-52
Nacogdoches beat Hallsville 52-30
Pine Tree beat Lufkin 54-51
Jacksonville Vs. Whitehouse- NO SCORE

Marshall's dominating win, coupled with Nac's win over Hallsville placed the Mavericks all alone in first place atop the district.  Nac vaulted themselves from fourth place to second place with the win.  Hallsville settles into third, while JT fell to fourth.  Pine Tree got the upset of the night with their shocking win over Lufkin.  LP finds themselves in a fourth place tie with JT.  No report from WH/Jax in a battle for the cellar.

Standings
Marshall (4-0) , (14-7)
Nacogdoches (3-1) , (18-8)
Hallsville (3-1) , (15-10)
John Tyler (2-2) , (4-11)
Lufkin (2-2) , (13-7)
Pine Tree (1-3) (11-13)
Whitehouse (0-3), (6-11)

16-5A Girls Basketball

Game 6
Hallsville beat Nac 48-41
Jacksonville beat Whitehouse 48-30
John Tyler beat Marshall 45-40 in OT
Lufkin beat Pine Tree 39-22

Jacksonville continues their march through the district as they remained all alone in first place thanks to their win over Whitehouse.  Lufkin kept pace with a dominating performance over Pine Tree.  Things get murky after that with Whitehouse, Hallsville, and John Tyler all knotted up for third place.  Nac remains alive, while Marshall and PT continue to struggle.

Standings
Jacksonville 6-0
Lufkin 5-1
Whitehouse 3-3
Hallsville 3-3
John Tyler 3-3
Nacogdoches 2-4
Marshall 1-5
Pine Tree 1-5

15-5A boys start district play on Friday

15-5A Girls Basketball

Game 2
Lindale beat Sulphur Springs 60-38
Royse City beat Texas HIgh 59-75
Mount Pleasant Vs. Greenville NO SCORE

Standings
Lindale 2-0
Royse City 2-0
Texas High 1-1

Sulphur Springs 0-2
Greenville 0-1
Mount Pleasant 0-1

Huuuuuuge game Friday night in Marshall. 

Hallsville Coming to town. 

Should be a packed house. 

A Marshall win solidifies the Mavs in first with Nac still looming on the schedule. 

A Hallsville win creates a three way tie for first. 

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Lady LP over JT 48-27 

The boys score was bad for JT too.  They lost 78-39. 

I have really been nice about saying it but its time for JT to change basketball coaches.  Three straight games JT has lost by 20+ points.  And its not like they are losing to Duncanville or Yates.