2019-20 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

Mavchamp

1 hour ago, cujoforlife said:

he is one of those fans if JT goes back to what they were whoever that coach was when Wilson left, and JT couldn't find a win to save their life. He would be the first one to not show up for any game until they start winning again. JT could go 3-8 again and i bet you he wouldn't go to another game until they start winning again.

Lmaooooo comical

9 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Championships matter to me. Anybody can win games, not everyone can win chips. You gotta be great to do that. Holmes ain’t it. 

Man I hear you, but my point is that he hasn't lost enough to be fired. Unless TISD has a coach in waiting that you for a fact is better, I see no reason for him to lose his job. 

Now its another story when it comes to basketball.

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I agree with everyone's point about it being hard and luck to win a title..But why doesn't that rule seem to apply to Aledo, Carthage, Richland Springs, and a couple of others. What are they doing that no one else can duplicate?

That’s my point aledo has 9!! Quality coaches win you 9 and a few great players but you gotta have both. 

Man I hear you, but my point is that he hasn't lost enough to be fired. Unless TISD has a coach in waiting that you for a fact is better, I see no reason for him to lose his job. 

Now its another story when it comes to basketball.

Yes but gotta move on if the highest his coaching can get you is just winning games. You won’t go any higher then. 

I agree with everyone's point about it being hard and luck to win a title..But why doesn't that rule seem to apply to Aledo, Carthage, Richland Springs, and a couple of others. What are they doing that no one else can duplicate?

They have a lot more of those things I said makes it so hard to win.   They have systems, players, and coaches, that succeed more than they fail.  

That doesn’t change the fact that they are aberrations.  They aren’t the norm.  

Almost 1400 schools.  There are maybe 5 programs like that.  And they won’t last forever either.  Ask Plano.  Ask Permian.  Dallas Carter. Judson.  

If not in basketball, everyone is on the power lifting team - whether you go to meets or not(extra strength and conditioning time).  High percentage of participation in summer workouts.  
Confidence by being more fit and confidence from coaching. 
Team chemistry developed mainly from coaches. 

3 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

They have a lot more of those things I said makes it so hard to win.   They have systems, players, and coaches, that succeed more than they fail.  

That doesn’t change the fact that they are aberrations.  They aren’t the norm.  

Almost 1400 schools.  There are maybe 5 programs like that.  And they won’t last forever either.  Ask Plano.  Ask Permian.  Dallas Carter. Judson.  

I agree with you Mav...I was just wondering how those schools can do something many times that other schools have trouble doing just once. Seems like that have cracked a code...lol

3 hours ago, cotton84 said:

If not in basketball, everyone is on the power lifting team - whether you go to meets or not(extra strength and conditioning time).  High percentage of participation in summer workouts.  
Confidence by being more fit and confidence from coaching. 
Team chemistry developed mainly from coaches. 

hmmm.   ok.  We need to be taking notes...lol

28 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Ok guys. I’m officially on vacation. 

I’ll try to keep up at night for games tonight and Friday.......but if not I’ll have a massive update of everything on Saturday. 

B5CAE90E-154E-40D4-A10F-7331FD95CB48.png

Stay safe.  I have a couple of downhill memories from several years ago at Winter Park I had rather forget.  The Fraser ice hill with your kids in 2 degree weather is adventurous too. Have fun.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2020 at 11:43 AM, Nacwagons said:

I will trade spots with you?? I would love to have a playoff run every year and win more games then we lose on a yearly basis!! Enjoy the winning and getting your self even put themselves in a position to be there year after year. 

You could always go back to the JT teams of 2004-2008 going 1-9 and 4-7 every year. 

Oh we are on our way back trust me lol. 

Huge basketball games tonight for seeding purposes in 16-5a.

Marshall at Lufkin-marshall win and they win district outright. A Lufkin win and a Nac win and we have codistrict champs and Nac is the 1 seed, Marshall the 2. 

I was told today that the tie breaker is the record vs 3 seed. Nac went 2-0 against LP and LP/Marshall would have split for this to happen. 

Pine Tree at Nac-Pine Tree still alive depending on the results from JT/WH

PT and WH split their meetings their year and JT beat PT both times. All 3 teams are 5-8.

LP is locked in at the 3 seed. 

Going to be a fun night!!!