Recruiting

Our quarterback of the future committed to us over the weekend. His mom is famous and on the food network. I hope she has a tailgate and I can get some food lol. It's the Pioneer Woman's son.

Bryce Drummond

6'4" 210-220 lbs.   4.7

Passing: 197/303 for 3,336 yds   35 TDs

Rushing: 150 for 860 yds   23 TDs

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10335380/Bryce-Drummond

• Like 2

On 4/19/2020 at 6:55 PM, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Our quarterback of the future committed to us over the weekend. His mom is famous and on the food network. I hope she has a tailgate and I can get some food lol. It's the Pioneer Woman's son.

Bryce Drummond

6'4" 210-220 lbs.   4.7

Passing: 197/303 for 3,336 yds   35 TDs

Rushing: 150 for 860 yds   23 TDs

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10335380/Bryce-Drummond

Aw dang, that makes me feel old. I remember when he was knee-high to a grasshopper. I did some site design work for her in the early days (when she was just a blogger), and I got to know her family a little bit. Good people. A little eccentric, but good people. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What do Y’all think about the new confidence meter on 247’s Crystal Ball predictions? It shows kinda how stupid the whole CB thing is when you have guys throwing one on a player but only have a 1 on the confidence meter for it. Why even bother doing a CB if that’s the case?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

What do Y’all think about the new confidence meter on 247’s Crystal Ball predictions? It shows kinda how stupid the whole CB thing is when you have guys throwing one on a player but only have a 1 on the confidence meter for it. Why even bother doing a CB if that’s the case?

I hate the whole crystal ball idea. Most of these guys put in or switch their picks right before a kid announces and it ruins it for the player. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stoney said:

I like the feature, but I don’t think they should be allowed to change them. Once you put the crystal ball in then it should stay there.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I like the feature, but I don’t think they should be allowed to change them. Once you put the crystal ball in then it should stay there.

Wait...  you mean you can change these things? Well sheesh, what's the point? I thought the crystal balls were for when an "expert" feels so confident in his info, he's willing to try to "predict the future." I mean, isn't that the whole point of calling it a "crystal ball?" These guys are aware of what a "crystal ball" refers to, right?  

Now I'm getting a mental picture of some guy talking to a psychic...

tGADfMO.jpg

PSYCHIC: "You've come to me from a great distance..."

CUSTOMER: "Uh no, actually my apartment is across the street."

PSYCHIC: "Ah, just kidding, what I really meant is: you want to know if you will ever fall in love."

CUSTOMER: "Well, actually, I was kinda wanting some stock tips..."

PSYCHIC: "Just kidding...  what I meant to say is that you are seeking stock tips." 

CUSTOMER: "Wow! How did you know?"

PSYCHIC: "That will be $100 please."

• LOL! 1

15 minutes ago, LOL said:

Wait...  you mean you can change these things? Well sheesh, what's the point? I thought the crystal balls were for when an "expert" feels so confident in his info, he's willing to try to "predict the future." I mean, isn't that the whole point of calling it a "crystal ball?" These guys are aware of what a "crystal ball" refers to, right?  

Now I'm getting a mental picture of some guy talking to a psychic...

tGADfMO.jpg

PSYCHIC: "You've come to me from a great distance..."

CUSTOMER: "Uh no, actually my apartment is across the street."

PSYCHIC: "Ah, just kidding, what I really meant is: you want to know if you will ever fall in love."

CUSTOMER: "Well, actually, I was kinda wanting some stock tips..."

PSYCHIC: "Just kidding...  what I meant to say is that you are seeking stock tips." 

CUSTOMER: "Wow! How did you know?"

PSYCHIC: "That will be $100 please."

A lot of guys will change them right before a kid commits.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

A lot of guys will change them right before a kid commits.

Wow... again: what's the point? 

If I'm in charge of stuff, you only get one shot at a crystal ball per recruit, and there's a deadline that it has to be in by. 

29 minutes ago, LOL said:

Wow... again: what's the point? 

If I'm in charge of stuff, you only get one shot at a crystal ball per recruit, and there's a deadline that it has to be in by. 

Make the CB mean something. Most of these guys are too willy nilly with their Crystal Balls, just handing them out for random schools. That’s how get a reputation. Good recruiting experts wait. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Anyone paying attention to wth is going on in North Carolina? Mack getting his recruiting swagger back i see. Big pickup today for his defense. 

I wanted Tony Grimes at A&M bad. Mack Brown is just a hell of a recruiter. #3 class in the country right now? Maybe he still had some tread left on the tire. Who knew?

24 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Anyone paying attention to wth is going on in North Carolina? Mack getting his recruiting swagger back i see. Big pickup today for his defense. 

All but 3 kids are from the state of North Carolina.

Just now, Valhalla said:

All but 3 kids are from the state of North Carolina.

Yes, but you of all people know Mack Brown can recruit with the best in the business.

If Mack weren’t at UNC they’d be nowhere near their current commit list.

Now, did he coach up his players as well as Stoops did, no?..

He did still do great things at UT for a long time and recruiting paved the way. The Mack is Back.

35 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Yes, but you of all people know Mack Brown can recruit with the best in the business.

If Mack weren’t at UNC they’d be nowhere near their current commit list.

Now, did he coach up his players as well as Stoops did, no?..

He did still do great things at UT for a long time and recruiting paved the way. The Mack is Back.

I agree. I’m just saying wait until February.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

I wanted Tony Grimes at A&M bad. Mack Brown is just a hell of a recruiter. #3 class in the country right now? Maybe he still had some tread left on the tire. Who knew?

Mack was never a bad recruiter... his coaching fell off at some point.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

A big part of that is they are one of the only schools with 15+ commitments at this point.